A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP] Generator Facility

Page 1 of 6 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next
Author Topic: [WIP] Generator Facility (195 messages, Page 1 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 03:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 195       
Started working on this map recently and figured I would post this here. This is only a basic layout as of now, no actual good detail yet, but I'm going home for a band jam fest and figured that I would post something for you all to check out. Yes it looks barebones atm, I know.

Things to go in yet: up and downstairs detail such as edges for trimming the walls and floors, ventilation, pipes, hanging wires, lights, main generators in the generator room as well as smaller ones in the far rooms, railings, control stations, a cooling system for the generators, ladders, blast doors in the top area on the sides as well as on the ceiling (pointless for the map since they will not work, but will look cool in the end and add to the ambiance of the map)

My apologies for the crappy renders, never really did learn to do much with rendering tbqh.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 03:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 195       
Sexy. Is it multiplayer?

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 03:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 195       
Will be, and if I get the ambiance I am going for, I may edit it a bit to have more rooms and make the next version of the map geared to zomB

ricola_reaper

Polygon Pimp

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 03:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 195       
i like what you have so far. what are you going to do with that hallway off to the left in the first picture?

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 03:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 195       
The upstairs rooms are boxy. Maybe go for the asymmetrical look, making one of the mirrored rooms a storage closet while the other has a bit of a different shape (like a high celing).
Just throwing some stuff out there.

ricola_reaper

Polygon Pimp

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 04:01 PM    Msg. 6 of 195       
I'd suggest maybe extruding the ceiling a little bit to add an extra set of polygons in the hallways. That way when you go to texture it, you can line the hallway with the lights you'll see in sidewinder. The blue bar ones.
Edited by ricola_reaper on Jan 7, 2011 at 04:02 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 04:03 PM    Msg. 7 of 195       
I'm a fan of the inset tool, I recommend using inset and then bevel on some of the floors, such as the main 0-shaped walkway. It will give it some interesting-ness.

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 04:06 PM    Msg. 8 of 195       
@ Ricola

Well, that hallway leads to a staircase as well as a ventilation shaft. I plan to also possibly have a station in there or something. There are rooms like this on both sides so I may try to make them less symmetrical.

@ Slappy

I do plan to take the symmetry down a bit using stuff like what you are saying. There are some things however that won't be changed because they could only look good if they remain symmetrical. example being the top and bottom middle rooms. I may use scenery to make them less symmetrical, but as far as the BSP model, it will remain symmetrical in those areas at least.

@ all

Also the top will have glass and behind it a shortish railing so you can break the glass and if you want, jump over the railing and out the window to the generator room below.

EDIT:

@ Moose

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Edited by eliteslasher on Jan 7, 2011 at 04:07 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 04:08 PM    Msg. 9 of 195       
Sounds like a pimped 2-floor version of Sciophobia.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 04:49 PM    Msg. 10 of 195       
looks like a version of citadel mixed with some design xD

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 05:46 PM    Msg. 11 of 195       
Well, citadel is more of a version of this type of thing if anything. I am assuming you are referring to the look of the top middle area? I didn't really have that in mind, that's just what an observation deck looks like in general

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 06:08 PM    Msg. 12 of 195       
ya middle piece top looks like it.

when are you going to remodel citadel like u said :[

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 06:11 PM    Msg. 13 of 195       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
ya middle piece top looks like it.

when are you going to remodel citadel like u said :[

Eventually. I may actually make that my next project.
By the way Hydro, you may be having some fun with some population and portals on this map if you are up to it.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 06:24 PM    Msg. 14 of 195       
>:D time to shine again xD

when u texture it and get it ingame so i can get in max 8 no problem.

also is this suppose to take place in space or where
Edited by Hydrogen on Jan 7, 2011 at 06:24 PM

TehArtyom

:)

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 12:17 AM    Msg. 15 of 195       
this looks really cool

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 02:04 AM    Msg. 16 of 195       
@Hydro

It'll be a facility. Not in space.
I plan to use a few cement textures on the bottom and I don't think that space stations would ever be made out of cement.

Also, this leaves a little more open if I do decide to do the enlarged zombie version.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 03:26 AM    Msg. 17 of 195       
make the tunnels in some parts go natural since most generator facility's are underground

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 06:46 AM    Msg. 18 of 195       
If this is undergorund, I suggest cracking some of the walls and putting rock behind, maybe with some foliage coming out. The foliage can either be done in the bsp through non-collideable planes, or by creating some custom scenery to put in those crevices. Combining this look with some dirty cement-type textures would really give this an old, abandoned, underground feel that I think would make this map stand out.

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 03:05 PM    Msg. 19 of 195       
@ Above 2

Yeah I was considering that also. I think I will do it most likely. Then I can use fenced off areas and supported areas to the rock for some more cool affect.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 03:44 PM    Msg. 20 of 195       
ya you can make a fence wall at dead ends and behind it model like natural caves and maybe a waterfall by one going into a deep hole :D

now your making me want to play shadow complex :(
Edited by Hydrogen on Jan 9, 2011 at 03:45 PM

tylerp14

Ohai der...

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 02:03 PM    Msg. 21 of 195       
Looks very nice :D

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 02:25 PM    Msg. 22 of 195       
Hey guys, I am looking for any good refs for generators that people think would look good for this. I still have not decided as to whether this will be more of a modern warfare type map or Halo style so if anyone has refs for both that would be great. Also, not sure as to whether this will be a generator room or a electrical transformer housing room.

So... just post some stuff you think would look cool in this room basically and I will try and see what looks best.

I was sort of thinking something like this only maybe a little taller would look nice

Edited by eliteslasher on Jan 10, 2011 at 02:27 PM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 02:34 PM    Msg. 23 of 195       

Edited by Echo77 on Jan 10, 2011 at 02:36 PM

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 06:54 PM    Msg. 24 of 195       
I like the first picture for going with a modern theme a lot. IDK. I may make this new map modern but I may use something like that for the zombie map when I expand the map.

As for this small MP map, I am thinking I may make it a large electrical transformer room.

For the sake of saving polies, I went with a more simple rounded transformer. The others I was making were getting rather hi-poly.

Here's My start on it. It needs wires and a few other minor details now. It will end up sitting on a cement slab on each side fenced in other than a small open gate for each side to get to a switchbox.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 09:25 PM    Msg. 25 of 195       
slash If you do it modern weapons since this is a modern map you said if I remember correct contact me :D

also the generators looks nice I think you should be able to walk between them.

also just a idea if you dont make it modern. Maybe have tubes in the map with flood scenery or bipeds in it :D

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 04:44 AM    Msg. 26 of 195       
Not sure about the walk beween em aspect, because I wanted to make them fenced in possibly anyway with a EMP affect, but anyway. Here are some updated photos of things been worked on lately.

The electrical transformers for the middle room

The switch boxes I plan to use in some areas. No true purpose, just for affect. I still plan to also make junction boxes for all the wiring I plan to run in this place.

The lights I plan to use in the top observation deck area and other appropriate areas. Textures need a little dirty grunge at the top of them where thew would meet the ceiling. Remember this will be underground. I still have hall and verydark area lights to make.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 05:03 AM    Msg. 27 of 195       
For some reason your original render brought back some very bad memories of the vaults from fallout. But it looks good, and it's nice to see someone who actually makes their own scenery.(Really nice job on the generator)

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 09:32 AM    Msg. 28 of 195       
You could say this may "generate" some approval among forum members.

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 02:30 PM    Msg. 29 of 195       
The only thing is, these aren't made for scenery so much. (yet)
Since they are low poly (not the generators) I want to see if I have the poly space to just place them in the BSP where I want them. Main reason I want to do this is there will be exposed plane wires I am texturing that will connect exactly to each box I place so they go from junctions to lights and to a switchbox here and there. I am trying to go for low poly but as realistic as possible.

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 02:49 PM    Msg. 30 of 195       
im making one too...but first ima dump it into unity 3d to figure out some some stuff then fix it up for haloce. :D llike the layout so far

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 03:37 PM    Msg. 31 of 195       
See if you can extract some textures from these pics or at least give u an idea for the colors you can use:

Generators:

Scenery:

The last one looks like certain map, huh?

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 06:19 PM    Msg. 32 of 195       
meh both ways it looks nice If you can walk in between them or not. just throwing this out there make the fence player clip using a fence bitmap. shoot bullets through the fence ftw :D.

also slash I think that you should make it in some places like lights hanging and flashing slowly :D

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 07:50 PM    Msg. 33 of 195       
Right now I am gearing this for peak MP playablility so I plan to make no flashing lights. However, when the extended zombie map comes out, expect the map to get a bit larger and more things to get broken down including the lights.

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 04:05 PM    Msg. 34 of 195       
Sounds like it will be pretty cool. I might whip up an idea for a generator. That is if you don't have one yet.

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 04:27 PM    Msg. 35 of 195       
Cool Skid! Would much appreciate it! If tyou would, key will be to keep it lower poly but make it high in texture detail possibilities. I have yet to decide if the zombie version will be geared for MP zombies of if I will make it SP much like zombies in CoD. Perhaps I shall let the people decide this one.

Btw, here are some updates, I made the 2 spawn rooms a little different from one another, but the main difference will be seen later in the positioning and variance of some types of scenery. Both will have AC units with ceiling hung vents coming off of them. These units may extend from the first all the way to the second story to allow for easier modeling of the AC system and because I think it would look awesome having a 2 story AC unit like that just protruding through the ceiling to the floor above. The ventilation systems will run throughout various areas of the facility. The rooms will also have some other varied scenery mainly for cover and placement of weapons.

Now here are some texture updates.

One of the bases:

Textures for the vents:

Grated flooring for middle room only:

Now my final question to the community, what should I do to break up the flooring in the two main bottom spawn rooms? (top picture is one of them)

Page 1 of 6 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun February 23, 2020 12:22 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website