A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »devices...

Author Topic: devices... (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 02:15 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hmm i remember requesting a map for h2v with a few devices in it and i was told that is near impossible but wouldn't it be the same in CE where u script it to get to its second position if a player activates a device??

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 05:03 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I have a device that is rotating on the various Outskirts Public Betas but I do not know how to activate/deactivate it in-game or with a script. Scripting is possible but it has not been explored to heavily in H2V. Someone that had experience with scripts in HCE and/or H2X might be able to do it.

Muscl3r

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 07:24 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
what is h2x?

Twinreaper

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 08:44 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
We usually refer to Halo 2 Xbox as H2X. Even us H2X guys couldn't get custom mach's to work right. Every time we tried messing with models, and their markers and such, it would just crash the game. Even through scripts, we could only get simple objects to work. I may still have an old H2X script editor/generator if anyone wants it. The scripting system is nearly identical, only a few scripting syntax remarks have changed between versions.

Muscl3r

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 09:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
oh i thought it was something like a h2ce

I could easily script a device. I just need to find the commands in the halo scripting bible
Edited by Muscl3r on Jan 18, 2011 at 04:54 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri February 21, 2020 7:44 PM 94 ms.
A Halo Maps Website