A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Open Sauce

Author Topic: Open Sauce (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 01:57 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Need it, need a tutorial for it. I'm trying to make a modified MP map (can't remember who made it first - this project was started LONG ago - props to whoever made it though), and the file size is too large...by about 30-40Mbs. Yes, I've tried deleting stuff without ruining the gameplay/fun factor, but it simply isn't enough. I need Open Sauce, along with a tutorial on how to set it up and use it.

Any suggestions?

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 02:27 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
What does this ^ post even mean?

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 03:15 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
It means he thinks he needs engine enhancements to compile his map which is obviously over the tagsize limit for tool.exe. What you need is tool_pro. It is a cracked version of tool.exe that allows the user to remove that boundary. No, you can't find it on this site so don't look.

UBE Chief

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 03:18 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Sorry if I got you confused ^_^;

Okay, I'm trying to compile a map, but I'm over the 128Mb limit for MP maps. (over by 30-40Mbs)

I've tried deleting some content from the map w/o ruining the gameplay/functionality/fun factor, but it's not enough.

My last resort is to use Open Sauce, but I have no clue where to get it and how to use it.

So now I need OS plus a tutorial - does anyone have them?

And props to whoever made the map I'm modding :P

Did you understand my issue now?

E: I'll try your suggestion Ender, thanks!
Edited by UBE Chief on Jan 22, 2011 at 03:19 AM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 02:42 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
I can pm you a link to tool pro if you like. tool pro works the same as tool just put it in the halo ce directory and when you want to compile a map u type tool_pro build-cache-file levels\example\example and it will allow u to compile the map no matter how big the tags size is

UBE Chief

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 04:18 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Thanks Cheddars! I actually had Tool Pro before, but didn't know how to use it. I'll download it right away.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:10 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Im pretty sure your map is gonna crash alot,I work with maps out of the limits of Halo CE on thier own and I don't do things like that I follow the rules...

In short Im saying those limitations are there for a reason...

Your gonna get the "Gathering Exception Data" error try to work around these errors.

No ones gonna play if it crash often or lags ingame alot.

^^^Just my advice

UBE Chief

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:34 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Actually, I've been testing it, and the only things that seem to be odd is the fact that the killboxes aren't working (yes, I scripted them in, they SHOULD work) and some vehicles aren't spawning (only 6 different vehicles, that's the default amount, yes?)

Aside from those minor issues, the map works fine. Not sure about lag, though. I want to have the map working as close to perfection as I can manage before allowing others to test it and see what else is wrong with it. After lots of testing, only then will I actually send the file to halomaps to be scrutinized again, and possibly posted online.

So far, no exceptions.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 7:02 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website