A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Map Concept/WIP] Campaign concept I've been working on

Author Topic: [Map Concept/WIP] Campaign concept I've been working on (30 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 06:49 AM    Msg. 1 of 30       
I've recently been working on a concept of a custom campaign that I thought of. First of all this was just an idea that I got one day and have not put a lot of thought into the back story. Secondly I do not intend for this to be canon (or realistic) at all, it is strictly my setting.

I will be updating this post as I get things done.

Right now the mod is purely concept except for a few models and some tags leftover from previous maps. And because it still in concept, there are a lot of details that may either be changed, or have not been decided yet.

Any blue text is subject to change at any time throughout development.

Setting:
Warning-Before I explain the setting/story for this mod, I must warn you that it contains several instances of everyone's favorite story telling method of "plot convenience".

You are a marine corp paratrooper in the air force division of the UNSCDF, your squad has orders from ONI to investigate a series of strange radio signals coming from an unmarked island on earth believed to be transmitted by rebels, but had unknown meaning, consisting of one two messages, either "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" or "935". Stranger still, is the fact that one signal used a type of encryption not used since the 1940's.

You will be flown to the island by a transport variant of the prototype "Claymore Gunship" and jump to lz directly outside of the compound. However that's when things go wrong. During the jump your, and a few of your squad member's, parachutes fail to open, and just before you hit the ground, you black out.(I warned you there would be plot convenience) Once wake up your first objective is to attempt to regroup with your squad outside of the entrance to the structure. After making it about half-way you find a member of your squad hanging from a tree, chocked by his parachute, after checking his gear for weapons and ammo, there is a loud ear-piercing scream heard in the distance. That's when things go from wrong to fubar as you are attacked by large group of, you guessed it, zombies.(Yes this was conceived while working on Dead Halls)

That's what I have so far, well for the beginning. I have several things figured out further in but I still need to connect them to the rest of it.

There are some things that I would like to remain a surprise for the mod but I may reveal them anyway later on, if there is enough interest in it.

As with my other maps this mod will only contain tags I make myself or ones straight from halo:

(NS = Not started)
(MO = Model only)

Although some of the weapons and vehicles may seem to be chosen at random, they each have a specific purpose in my mod due to their history and role in combat, not because I saw them in another game. Except for the Halo and Custom weapons/vehicles obviously.

Bipeds:
Paratrooper(Player and Squad)-NS
Marine Squad Leader-Started
Marine A40-NS
Marine G40-NS
Marine A60-NS
Marine A20
Hidden-NS
Marine Zombie V2-MO(Having a critical in-game issue)
Marine Zombie(Unarmored)-NS
Crewman Zombie(Maybe)-NS
Hidden-NS
Elite Zombie-MO
Hazard Marine-Done
Hazard Marine(Second variant)-NS
Hazard Spartan-NS
New Elite-NS
New Hunter-MO(Needs a new collision model)

Weapons:(Only some of them)
M6 SOCOM-MO
DMR(Maybe)-NS
DMR(Sniper)-NS
Suppressed Sniper(maybe)-NS
Anti-Tank Sniper(Maybe)-NS
SMG(Maybe)-NS
Halo 1 Shotgun(Sawn-off)-NS
Combat Knife-NS
M1A1 Thompson-NS
M1A1 Carbine-NS
BAR(Maybe)-Started
M1911A1 Colt .45-NS
MP40-MO
Luger-NS
M16A1(Vietnam Era)-MO
M14(Maybe)-NS
M1919/M2 Browning-MO
M32-Done(Might update)
AA12-NS
NS2000-Done(Animations need redone)
Masterkey-NS
PPSh52-MO(Custom weapon, modernized version of the PPSh41)
GN Sniper Rifle-MO
Etc...

Vehicles:
Anti-Air Warthog Half Track-Done(Needs a name)
Rail Gun Tank(Maybe)-Done(Needs a name/better textures)
Heavy Tank-Done(Needs a name/better textures)
Claymore Gunship-MO
Willys Jeep(Maybe)-NS
Sherman(Maybe)-NS
Huey(Maybe)-NS
Humvee(Maybe)-NS

Others:(I'm not sure what they'll be)
Prototype Suit(Biped or Vehicle)-NS

I will have some renders/screenshots as soon as find a place to post them from.

That is everything so far. Any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 22, 2011 at 07:30 AM
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 22, 2011 at 08:08 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:33 AM    Msg. 2 of 30       
Meh...

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Meh...

Sadly that's the response I was expecting, that's why I never posted anything about it before.

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:36 AM    Msg. 4 of 30       
"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"
I lol'd

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:37 AM    Msg. 5 of 30       
Nah I'm just in a really downward mood right now...
If I wasn't in total $%^& right now, I might like this.

Muscl3r

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:45 AM    Msg. 6 of 30       
Moooseguy's having a hangover apparantly

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:59 AM    Msg. 7 of 30       
I wish.

Muscl3r

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:04 AM    Msg. 8 of 30       
Well i liked the story and everything up until "zombies"

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:12 AM    Msg. 9 of 30       
Unlike my last map that's not all you will be fighting. There will still be heavy firefights between factions, just not strictly human verses covenant, especially toward the end. Besides, there are/will be plenty of unsc fight rebel mods out there, I'm just trying to do something fun/different.

Edit: Actually after looking over the list of stuff I'm working on, I just realized how much there still is to do, now that I can actually see the list, and as much as I hate to say it, if anyone would like to help with the bipeds or vehicles, that would help me a lot. I can make most of the vehicles but if anyone could help with the Huey that would really contribute. Again I can make the bipeds but most will be based off already in-game models because I can make weapons and some vehicles from scratch but not characters yet. So unless I can get some help with that most bipeds will share some unfortunate similarities.

Don't get me wrong, I don't "need" anyone to make any of these but any help would be great, although I want to make as many of them as I can myself, however if you do want to help I need to make one thing clear now: "No Rips!" If you didn't model it your self don't even bother showing it to me.

Please ignore the terrible grammar in this post, normally I am a lot more critical of myself but I have been up all day/night and I need some sleep.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 22, 2011 at 08:22 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:20 AM    Msg. 10 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r

Also, I think you need to focus a little less on a massive tagset and more on a better story/basis/plot/setting... But that's just imo.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:32 AM    Msg. 11 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r

Also, I think you need to focus a little less on a massive tagset and more on a better story/basis/plot/setting... But that's just imo.

Actually the massive tag set is there due to the plot. Some time later in the mod you will meet up with three different squads that also went missing in different locations and times. US Marine Corp from 1945 and 1968, and a group of German Wehrmacht also from 1945. And further in you will also encounter group 935. But the story is still up for grabs, what I had in my post is just what I have now, I am still changing/working on things.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:36 AM    Msg. 12 of 30       
You know what would be cooler? Instead of having them be zombies, make them still alive as if they had never aged. That would be WAY more interesting.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:38 AM    Msg. 13 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_L0d3man
You should consider modeling and tagging a poodle attack dog species named Wim.

While I am obviously not concerned with realism, I would like this to be taken a at least little bit seriously. By that I mean no joke tags.

You know what would be cooler? Instead of having them be zombies, make them still alive as if they had never aged. That would be WAY more interesting.
If you are referring to the groups that I mentioned in my earlier post, they are alive and will assist you in fight the zombies and 935. Or did you mean have them all just fighting each other?
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 22, 2011 at 08:41 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:41 AM    Msg. 14 of 30       
Read my above comment...

EDIT: You edited. Lulz.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jan 22, 2011 at 08:45 AM

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:44 AM    Msg. 15 of 30       
Read my above comment...

Umm...I did and replied to it. What do you mean?

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:31 AM    Msg. 16 of 30       
He means your map requires alot more Wimhair before you even should consider starting actual development on it.

I already answered that

Quote:
You should consider modeling and tagging a poodle attack dog species named Wim.

While I am obviously not concerned with realism, I would like this to be taken a at least little bit seriously. By that I mean no joke tags.

Edited by rerout343 on Jan 22, 2011 at 09:32 AM

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:42 AM    Msg. 17 of 30       
The Wimdom is in fact a very serious subject, since you do not seem to grasp the importance of the matter, I shall further enlighten you:

The Hair of Wim

Often refered to as Satan's poodle, the Hair of Wim is a substance known to be more greasy than even the most greasiest butter.

The legend of Wimhair

Much like the roots of any great western religion, the Wimdom is backed up by alot of legendary stories. One such story tells of a hair so greasy, that it could replace the need of "epic mayo" whilst consuming french fries. It is rumored that this hair can still be found today, though it's exact location still remains a mystery.

The Wimdom

The hair of wim has raised a great amount of followers. Bounded by the knowledge that one day the Holy Hair will rise again, believers sit tight and await it's return in great expectation and fear. Some say Wim's hair will set forth a revolution, while nay-sayers neglect this and fear that it is in fact Wim's Hair that is responsible for all misery in the world.

The entire reason for posting this topic was to get a serious discussion going for my mod and what direction I need to go with it, if you are not going to contribute to it, can you please just stop posting this pointless stuff here. If it's supposed to be funny, I'm not laughing. It's also completely off-topic.

Despite annoyance, I am trying to remain civil here, I only ask you do the same. It's not that hard.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 22, 2011 at 09:45 AM

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:53 AM    Msg. 18 of 30       
dont mind lodex his constant derailing does a good job of making it hard to take anything he says seriously

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:56 AM    Msg. 19 of 30       
:)

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:07 AM    Msg. 20 of 30       
Yes, but I have already said I do not want to use your suggestion. So I will ask again, please stop making these posts, I realize that just because I like something about my mod, doesn't mean everyone else has to, and probably won't. Why do I have to like yours just because you like it? Can you even see where I'm coming from or are you just going to ignore me and continue to do this?

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:11 AM    Msg. 21 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
Yes, but I have already said I do not want to use your suggestion. So I will ask again, please stop making these posts, I realize that just because I like something about my mod, doesn't mean everyone else has to, and probably won't. Why do I have to like yours just because you like it? Can you even see where I'm coming from or are you just going to ignore me and continue to do this?

no he can't. he's like an episode of family guy. he'll go off on some random tangent thinking he's funny, when his posts have nothing to do with the topic at hand. whereas my posts, in contrast to what he may believe, originate from me commenting on another post, which often branches off into another discussion

unfortunately, you're dealing with someone here who can't understand the difference between occasional branch-off discussions and flat-out blatant off-topic posting.

i'm so sorry for you. let me know if you need a hug and protection from the scary horrible poster.

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:16 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:13 AM    Msg. 22 of 30       
I know, people who post off-topic are so annoying...

I want a pet marshmallow with sprinkles for appendages!!!

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:16 AM    Msg. 23 of 30       
Hopefully this post can get back on topic. I just wanted some feedback and suggestions, not a locked thread due to spam.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who is annoyed.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:18 AM    Msg. 24 of 30       
You should include an easter egg involving pie and healthy kidneys.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 11:47 AM    Msg. 25 of 30       
You're boring. :|

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 12:55 PM    Msg. 26 of 30       
You should include an easter egg of an easter egg. That explodes.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 05:04 PM    Msg. 27 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
You should include an easter egg involving a Zombie crouching down and eating a rebel. (Least I was on-topic.)

That you for at-least making a suggestion related to the map, but I can see now that this thread was a waste of time. I was hoping to actually discuss the mod and find out what changes need to be made, but I guess I'll have to settle for everyone competing to say the most ridiculous easter eggs they can think of.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 05:21 PM    Msg. 28 of 30       
In this community you're never going to get anywhere with a thread on your project unless you're higuy or someone else who's been here a long time.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:05 PM    Msg. 29 of 30       
You basically need to be able to show some work already + indicate you'll be able to finish your goals. That will get you taken alot more seriously.

I'm gay.

not true. you worked on lemuria and I still cant take you seriourly ;(

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Jan 22, 2011 at 07:06 PM

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 08:21 PM    Msg. 30 of 30       
I will have some renders posted as soon as I can find a place to post them that I can link to this page. I can post screenshots from xfire, but not my renders.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 2:45 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website