A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Idea] Covenant based SP maps

Author Topic: [Idea] Covenant based SP maps (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:29 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
Don't you think we need a couple more of these? Most SP maps I know of are human based...

A couple ideas after reading a couple articles from Halo Wiki:

The beginning: As the Covenant traveled the universe searching for other races to join their cause, they come upon the grunt race( or some other covie race) and try to recruit them. However, the grunts did not like the idea of the great journey and decides to fight back. You play as a grunt minor. *My plot* You start of in the battlefield shooting elites (and other races that has been recruited, your choice) and eventually, your grunt major gives the order to retreat. But as grunts, you panic and run off in your own direction. Plot goes on.

Inner Conflict: As soon as the news of "Arbiter's Death" the Elites plan on rebelling against the prophets. You play as an Elite Major/Minor in the streets of new mombasa under the command of an ultra elite. Shortly after obliterating a small human camp, brutes show up and you kill them. However, the prophets don't like loose ends so they sent an entire division/battalion of brutes to clean the city of elites. Your objective is to get back to your dropship on the other side of New Mombasa while killing as many brutes as you can.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:06 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
The latter seems interesting. I think you should play as a Major.

We need more red L337s.

Rather than, "Brutes show up and you kill them," maybe have them fly in via dropship shortly after you clear the UNSC outpost. They're all chill and your guys are like, "Whatevs," and then the Brutes go all "EXECUTE ORDER 66!!!1!!eleven!!" and they try to attack you. THEN you kill 'em and try to escape by dropship.

I'd play that.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:45 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Well, Im just giving a general idea for a couple of maps so you can elaborate more or cut out a few things if you like, I'm just itching for some covenant SP maps :)

Echo77

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 11:00 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
Elaborate? Ah, ok.

Rather than, "Brutes show up and you kill them," maybe have them fly in via dropship shortly after you clear the UNSC outpost. They're all chill and your guys are like, "Whatevs," and then the Brutes go all "EXECUTE ORDER 66!!!1!!eleven!!" and they try to attack you. THEN you kill 'em and try to escape by dropship.

So you and your L337 buddies are moving down the street. The worst of the fighting has moved towards the outer edge of the city, so everyone is cool at the moment. Your squad is clearing out the last of the remaining UNSC forces in order to make way for Covenant reinforcements, and upon locating one of the last few outposts, your team quickly dispatches the survivors. Cue the Brutes, flying in via dropship. The CO steps out, talks to your commander for a moment, everything is fine. Until he berserks, screaming something before caving in the commander's skull. Then comes the chaotic firefight, where the player has to take the surviving elites further into the city in order to secure a transport (a heavily guarded dropship). You begin your journey, fighting off Brute search teams and pockets of remaining human resistance, until arriving at the ship, eliminating the guards, and loading up to make your escape.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 11:39 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Basically what I had in mind....you gonna go for it?

Echo77

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 12:53 AM    Msg. 6 of 11       
I thought you would. o.o

I have no idea what I'm doing. I just write stuff. XD

bobz7

Were it so easy...

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 08:35 AM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quite an interesting concept. Should be fun to play (provided it gets to that stage) something non-UNSC for a change. The first idea of the Covenant recruiting new races is cool too. But playing as a grunt (fighting elites and the likes) would feel a little..um..shall we say "underpowered" (is that even a word?)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Elaborate? Ah, ok.

So you and your L337 buddies are moving down the street. The worst of the fighting has moved towards the outer edge of the city, so everyone is cool at the moment. Your squad is clearing out the last of the remaining UNSC forces in order to make way for Covenant reinforcements, and upon locating one of the last few outposts, your team quickly dispatches the survivors. Cue the Brutes, flying in via dropship. The CO steps out, talks to your commander for a moment, everything is fine. Until he berserks, screaming something before caving in the commander's skull. Then comes the chaotic firefight, where the player has to take the surviving elites further into the city in order to secure a transport (a heavily guarded dropship). You begin your journey, fighting off Brute search teams and pockets of remaining human resistance, until arriving at the ship, eliminating the guards, and loading up to make your escape.

Assuming that most of those bits will be cutscenes, wouldn't it be a tad "technically challenging" to make accurate representations of the said scenes in-game, given how making cutscenes is a rather daunting task in general. Ofc, the guys who made Lumoria, made some fairly decent cutscenes, so I guess its not impossible.

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 12:54 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
I remember a long time ago someone tried to start up a Covenant SP mod. Basically it was the Halo campaign played from a Covenant perspective, with new missions and such. It was a good idea, as is this. It just needs a dedicated team to do it :).

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 01:03 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
This would take place on the grunt homeworld, which means they wouldn't need the methane tanks so you would have to model a new grunt. Also is the grunts combat suit and plasma pistol grunt inventions or covenant inventions? Perhaps the grunts had different technology than that of the covenant.

Echo77

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 03:40 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: bobz7

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Elaborate? Ah, ok.

Assuming that most of those bits will be cutscenes, wouldn't it be a tad "technically challenging" to make accurate representations of the said scenes in-game, given how making cutscenes is a rather daunting task in general. Ofc, the guys who made Lumoria, made some fairly decent cutscenes, so I guess its not impossible.

Ah.... I don't think it would really even need any major cutscenes. Aside from the Brute dropship landing, the Brute captain dude walking over and pounding on the Elite commander, the rest of it would happen in-game. I got a little colorful with my description. :P

There won't be any literal skull-caving. The Elite commander will have really low health, and the Brute will just melee him and kill him. The scene cuts to the rest of the Brutes readying their weapons, then you get control of the player back.

olly12345

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 01:31 AM    Msg. 11 of 11       
you wouldn't even need to see him get killed, the camera could turn to face the player, just as a loud roar goes up from the brutes as the camera turns back and the commander is seen lying on the ground. Then everything goes haywire and shots are fired everywhere.

You could have skull carving, but it'd have to be done off camera with a separate biped.
Edited by olly12345 on Jan 24, 2011 at 01:40 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 10, 2020 6:16 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website