A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Halo 2 Vista Sapien

Author Topic: Halo 2 Vista Sapien (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

loops

Your local .ASS problem solver :)

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 02:29 AM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Hey, I'm having troubles with my Halo 2 Vista. Im using windows 7 32-bit and the game works fine but when i want to edit a map in sapien it loads and does everything it's meant to do. When i get to edit it, I can't add or remove anything and it will not let me add palettes. I am also running it as admin and the compatability is Windows Xp (Service Pack 2) Any help

Garanas

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 01:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Well, I don't think if it will matter, but Halo 2 is ment for Vista, not for XP.
Meaning, running a service pack that isn't for Vista, won't help make Sapien work.

Nothing more I can say at the moment, sorry.

loops

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 04:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
the compatibility mode is windows xp and it works but if i change it to vista it still does the same thing for some reason.

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 09:49 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
When adding things to your map, you will need to edit the main "palette". I can't remember right now, but in the main TOOL window, if you click on one of the sub-item groups like mach, scen, crate etc.... you will notice a tab above that labeled "Edit Palette". CLick on that, and it will bring up a new dialog box. This dialog box will allow you to pick all the items from the tags directory, that you would like to be able to choose from to place in your map. If you never edit the main palette, you won't be giving yourself anything to choose to place. Hope this helps. If your still confused, I can post up a quick few pics later tonight after work for you.

loops

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:34 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
i just tried it and i get to the edit palletes bit and i cant select add, delete or edit. Plus i cant move anything at all, i run it as admin and select the compatibility to windows vista service pack 2. How can that be fixed? :S
Edited by loops on Feb 5, 2011 at 03:13 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 06:59 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Ok, to help you out with this I will upload a picture tutorial on tuesday at sometime to help you out.

loops

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 04:17 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
when is it gonna be posted?

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 09:13 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Sorry about that man, life gets hectic sometimes. Instead of upping some pics, how about I just list the items you can place by type, and the directory in which you should be able to find them?

loops

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 12:04 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
thats ok, and ye list them if you want to.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue March 31, 2020 9:42 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website