A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE HD remake coming this fall?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Halo CE HD remake coming this fall? (41 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

someone not important

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 10:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 41       
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/

It's still a rumor, though this article gives much more details on the project.

Quote: Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 41       
10 years seems to be a bit early for a remake, I mean mario's been around 25 years and only recently got his remake.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 41       
if this DOES happen, i hope they remake a pc version with pimped out graphics on an updated engine. (which is still a just dream so far...)

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:14 PM    Msg. 4 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader
10 years seems to be a bit early for a remake, I mean mario's been around 25 years and only recently got his remake.

Nintendo has a much better grasp on making games than Microsoft could ever dream of.

d4rfnader

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:20 PM    Msg. 5 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk

Nintendo has a much better grasp on making games than Microsoft could ever dream of.

This is true.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:48 PM    Msg. 6 of 41       
This would be interesting...

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:51 PM    Msg. 7 of 41       
... and exclusive and lamebox

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:22 AM    Msg. 8 of 41       
If they do port it to PC (and I'm hoping they do), who will be the first one here to create the CE version?

I mean, I'm all for Forge, but I want to create completely new maps with revamped graphics and the whole nine yards instead of just modifying a single, huge map with just a few options.

Spartan314

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:35 AM    Msg. 9 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
I mean, I'm all for Forge, but I want to create completely new maps with revamped graphics and the whole nine yards instead of just modifying a single, huge map with just a few options.

^^This

Might gearbox be able to do it again?

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:40 AM    Msg. 10 of 41       
If they be ninja about it *shifty look*

We all know that G-Box had a falling-out with MS and Bungie - which is why Bungie didn't give a damn about CE until the 1.09 update - and even then, they still didn't give a damn.

d4rfnader

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:47 AM    Msg. 11 of 41       
I think microsoft lost interest in pc ports of halo after the failure that was Halo 2 vista.

Spartan314

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:52 AM    Msg. 12 of 41       
not even all of microsoft was into Halo 2 being ported into pc. if they had all put some effort into it, it could've been a better game. so basically, they were preparing they're own failure. (sorta, not really.) But you know, dreams can come true. 45% of the time

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 01:18 AM    Msg. 13 of 41       

that's why we get things like wii music and the wii speak channel.

also they treat their testers like garbage compared to other companies

nintendo was the best in the snes days. link to the past had the greatest, most epic ending of any zelda game. there's absolutely no reason they can't make games of that quality these days, but they don't.

d4rfnader

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 01:51 AM    Msg. 14 of 41       
Lol, Even though Nintendo's Wii series of games are crap they still have the other awesome first party titles, but I'm straying off topic so...

I hope this remake happens, but I just wish that they improve on halo 1's sad excuse for game-play, and not just make a direct graphics upgrade.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 02:02 AM    Msg. 15 of 41       
It's being developed by Saber Interactive. The team behind Timeshift.
Personally I thought Timeshift's whole time stopping thing was pretty cool, but the actual shooter part of it was pretty boring.
I just don't understand why they couldn't have at least given it to 343. I mean, Bungie would be ideal but that's not gonna happen, so the next logical choice is 343 Industries, not Saber :V

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 02:22 AM    Msg. 16 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
We all know that G-Box had a falling-out with MS and Bungie -
We no of no such thing. Gearbox was hired for a project, completed it to Microsoft's specs and satisfaction and even went above and beyond the call of duty by releasing Halo Custom Edition which would have been the way Halo was to be except that all of it would not fit on a single CDROM which was part of the spec. I don't know where you got your information from but mine came from Randy himself.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 08:00 AM    Msg. 17 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Personally I thought Timeshift's whole time stopping thing was pretty cool, but the actual shooter part of it was pretty boring.
I just don't understand why they couldn't have at least given it to 343. I mean, Bungie would be ideal but that's not gonna happen, so the next logical choice is 343 Industries, not Saber :V
This is where I stop, and just say "no."

Seriously, Saber Interactive isn't a terrible studio, but why would they allow a studio who hasn't really made any noteworthy games to create a remake of Microsoft's main franchise/cash cow's beginning?

Corvette19

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 08:03 AM    Msg. 18 of 41       
Happiness.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 09:02 AM    Msg. 19 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Seriously, Saber Interactive isn't a terrible studio, but why would they allow a studio who hasn't really made any noteworthy games to create a remake of Microsoft's main franchise/cash cow's beginning?

^^I havent even heard of this team before..

Hell I would rather see it in the hands of treyarc :P

then the unknown above.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 09:24 AM    Msg. 20 of 41       
Saber Interactive made Time Shift.

bobz7

Were it so easy...

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 11:02 AM    Msg. 21 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
not even all of microsoft was into Halo 2 being ported into pc. if they had all put some effort into it, it could've been a better game. so basically, they were preparing they're own failure. (sorta, not really.) But you know, dreams can come true. 45% of the time

This.

The failure of Halo 2 PC was MS's own fault really. Had they put some more effort into it, it probably would've turned out to be a better port. Heck, they should've just asked Gearbox to do it :\
Edited by bobz7 on Feb 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM

G TheFlea

CANADIAN

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 11:45 AM    Msg. 22 of 41       
any halo game that is not made by bungie is not a halo game. personally i hope that this combat evolved remake does not get ported to PC, i hope it stays on xbox and they actually do it justice. If they ever release another custom edition, i hope its using the reach engine. Chances are if this remake is made with anything other than a 343/Bungie engine the gameplay will be totally screwed up and it will no longer have the simplistic, smooth, non-glitchy perfection that we're used to.

G TheFlea

CANADIAN

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 11:58 AM    Msg. 23 of 41       
i wasn't really referring to the gameplay, more the engine itself. Its just so much cleaner than any other game i've seen. And in terms of gameplay, it is simplistic relative to something like Call of Duty.

ThetianSoldier

Keyboard not found! Press any key to continue...

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:23 PM    Msg. 24 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane

nintendo was the best in the snes days. link to the past had the greatest, most epic ending of any zelda game. there's absolutely no reason they can't make games of that quality these days, but they don't.

What he said, The only game I've liked so far on the Wii is Brawl. Hell, the DS has better titles.

G TheFlea

CANADIAN

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:24 PM    Msg. 25 of 41       
by bloom do you mean scenery LOD? things only rendering when you're close to them?
and i agree armour abilities are rediculous at times. personally i never use anything other than spring :P
i should have been more specific though ( i agree the AI is poorly programmed at times), i meant the rendering engine is very clean

ThetianSoldier

Keyboard not found! Press any key to continue...

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:28 PM    Msg. 26 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: tommyvercettiownz123
Bloom was the greatest thing ever, very necessary, made it more balanced.

Oh god. That is the one thing that REALLY pisses me off about new shooters; they all think they need to add bloom. Bloom is for CoD, not for Halo, Gears, etc.

Gearbox wasn't really a big studio when they ported CE.

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:28 PM    Msg. 27 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThetianSoldier
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane

What he said, The only game I've liked so far on the Wii is Brawl. Hell, the DS has better titles.

If you guys haven't played the Mario Galaxy titles you need to get on that.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:38 PM    Msg. 28 of 41       
better be good

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 04:47 PM    Msg. 29 of 41       
this would probably make halo fans mad, but am i the only one who thinks a Halo game that used the mw2 engine would be fun? had the same graphics and stuff and you looked down iron sights instead. I think that could be a good game.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 05:27 PM    Msg. 30 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThetianSoldier
Bloom was the greatest thing ever, very necessary, made it more balanced.

Oh god. That is the one thing that REALLY pisses me off about new shooters; they all think they need to add bloom. Bloom is for CoD, not for Halo, Gears, etc.

Gearbox wasn't really a big studio when they ported CE.

Bloom is more of a 'warning' to sprayers and prayers, that they should aim precisely instead of spray like hell. That was chaos on the previous Halo's, believe me..

Exactly, I will never understand why people get so mad about bloom. Guns in Halo have always lost accuracy the faster they are fired, the only difference now is that we have a crosshair that reflects it. Besides, there are only two guns that spread really affects any way: the DMR(Simple solution, it's not the BR, don't try to make it one) and the Assault Rifle.(Simple solution, if you are at a distance that spread will affect you, Short Controlled Bursts)

While I do hope that this is true, I kind of doubt it. But who knows maybe Saber Interactive will surprise us.
Edited by rerout343 on Feb 5, 2011 at 05:35 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 05:53 PM    Msg. 31 of 41       
You're horribly wrong on both levels:

No actual weapon in any Halo games had true bloom like Reach. Reach stops you from rapid-firing, while pressing the trigger each time to shoot in all the other Halo's kept your weapon accurate. At least, I can think of nothing that breaks that.

In Reach, there's more than just "the DMR and Assault Rifle" that bloom...the pistol blooms like crazy and so does the Plasma Repeater as well as...other weapons I can't think of at the moment ._.

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 06:40 PM    Msg. 32 of 41       

No actual weapon in any Halo games had true bloom like Reach. Reach stops you from rapid-firing, while pressing the trigger each time to shoot in all the other Halo's kept your weapon accurate. At least, I can think of nothing that breaks that.

In Reach, there's more than just "the DMR and Assault Rifle" that bloom...the pistol blooms like crazy and so does the Plasma Repeater as well as...other weapons I can't think of at the moment ._.

yeah the pistol blooms like crazy when i can kill a fully shielded spartan in 3 seconds by firing as fast as possible ._.

d4rfnader

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 06:45 PM    Msg. 33 of 41       
The pistol has easy kills if you know how to use it.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 07:59 PM    Msg. 34 of 41       

I just meant automatic weapons, sorry I should have been more clear. My bad.

Well, I just meant ones that it drastically affects but I did forget about how wild the pistol gets.

Your right. My bad.
Edited by rerout343 on Feb 5, 2011 at 07:59 PM

leyuen

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 09:01 PM    Msg. 35 of 41       
why isn't 343 industries doing this themselves, wasn't the point of having 343 industries was to make halo games after bungie's halo reach game? why are they giving it to some other group to make halo? microsoft should learn from their failures (example halo wars).

so if i think i read the first post rite they are making the same game but the graphics of the game will bee the same, meaning the MP maps and SP maps should be the same rite plus the weapons rite? the only difference would be graphic wise like reach?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:17 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website