A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Halo 2 map creating problem

Author Topic: Halo 2 map creating problem (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

loops

Your local .ASS problem solver :)

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 05:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
(sorry for a long post)

I know this might be a wrong forum or website again but i have problems when i make a map in 3ds max 2007. I have .ASS exporter in and the bungie thing in that comes in map exporter in map editor. When i export the map it works fine and then i want to compile it so i open the folders C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2 map editor\Data\Scenarios\Multi, and my folder i made isn't there for the map. So i check in the 3ds max to open it and the folder has a lock on it so i cant open it. WHY?
Edited by loops on Feb 9, 2011 at 05:25 PM
Edited by loops on Feb 9, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 06:23 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
AFAIK that .ASS exporter only works with Max 6-8 and I recommend using 8. There is a script which works with newer versions of Max but I do not recommend using it unless you want to deal with more errors then there should be.

loops

Your local .ASS problem solver :)

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 02:51 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
no worries now, i got it fixed. i just made the folders going through C:\program files and into the multi folder and that way. Then saved the .ASS file on the desktop then moved it into the structure folder. And it WORKS :D

Purge Trooper 7

"Time to kick ass and chem bubblegum..."

Posted: Aug 15, 2011 12:23 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
You think that's bad. I'm trying to make a halo 2 vista map remake of the Black Tower from loz oracle of ages and I can't figure out the program to save my life!

ODST72

Where's the rest of your platoon?

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 02:33 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
can you give me a link i have max 9 and cannot use that script

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 22, 2017 8:34 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website