A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Request] Stationary Mortar Turret

Author Topic: [Request] Stationary Mortar Turret (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 09:45 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
I need some sort of mortar launcher for the single player I'm working on. I want the AI to fire it down onto the beach where the player is, but I haven't been able to get a good projectile. It needs to be powerful enough to create a general nuisance, but not so strong as to kill in a single blast. If someone could set it up using the rocket turret model, it would be greatly appreciated.

ODST72

Where's the rest of your platoon?

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 10:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
use the motor weapon from wrath and add to the turret and ta da

flyingpenguin117

You must Never, EVER leave a SINGLE BOB ALIVE!!!

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 10:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Like he said- Gun tower from Extinction with wraith projectile. Just change projectile type in the vehicles weapon. If you want it smaller, well, shade turret? Stationary wraith? You may need to be creative yourself.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 10:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Is this going to be some re-make of Omaha Beach?
Edited by Skyancez3o4 on Feb 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Echo77

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 10:22 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODST72
use the motor weapon from wrath and add to the turret and ta da

I need a human mortar. And the Wraith cannon generally kills on the first hit.

Quote: --- Original message by: flyingpenguin117
Like he said- Gun tower from Extinction with wraith projectile. Just change projectile type in the vehicles weapon. If you want it smaller, well, shade turret? Stationary wraith? You may need to be creative yourself.

I just need a good projectile that I can fire from my rocket turrets.

Quote: --- Original message by: Skyancez3o4

Is this going to be some re-make of Omaha Beach?
Edited by Skyancez3o4 on Feb 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM

If I get them working, it could be. I've toyed around with the idea on more than one occasion.
Edited by Echo77 on Feb 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 11:18 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
in crease the rocket size a bit and change the way it fires.

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 11:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Ironically enough, I have a vehicle named Artillery as a prototype stationary attack unit for just such a project. I can give you the tags (along with the map). The vehicle base is that of the Gauss Turret (taken from The Great Battle of Asis v2, I believe), but with a modified projectile that is faster and has a heavier weight to force it to curve down - similar to the Wraith Mortar. I'm not entirely sure if the projectile is a one-hit-kill, but I'm sure it'll fit your needs.

Echo77

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 11:40 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Ironically enough, I have a vehicle named Artillery as a prototype stationary attack unit for just such a project. I can give you the tags (along with the map). The vehicle base is that of the Gauss Turret (taken from The Great Battle of Asis v2, I believe), but with a modified projectile that is faster and has a heavier weight to force it to curve down - similar to the Wraith Mortar. I'm not entirely sure if the projectile is a one-hit-kill, but I'm sure it'll fit your needs.

It would be greatly appreciated. Sounds perfect. Is it compatible with the Marines, though? Because they're the ones who are going to be firing these things.

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 12:40 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
The Spartan AI of TGBoA seemed to work fine with it, but I'm not entirely sure about Marine AI. You could give it a whirl though, as I haven't tried it with the Marines yet.

I'll upload the link later - the particular .map file that the Artillery vehicle is in is on my desktop.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 4:45 AM 781 ms.
A Halo Maps Website