A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »A newb making a map.

Author Topic: A newb making a map. (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Angel Natavi

When all else fails, hit it harder.

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 12:38 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
As the title says, I am a newby at making a map in halo CE. I finally have a computer that will allow me to complete a map from start to finish, but I find that I need assistance. My plan is to create a map all the way from start to finish using very little of items that are already in game. Meaning, new or modified vehicles, a new map as well as new bases.

However, my first problem is with a model that I am working with. The problem is that I cannot seem to compile the thing using Tool. I have the physics model down, it is the model itself and the collision model that I am having trouble with.

The model command prompt does not read the model itself, even though I have followed the tutorial by Nero and Haloman from this site. The errors I get with the collision model is simple, yet frustraiting as I keep getting the same one. It cannot update the edges, it cannot import the Collision BSP, and it fails to import the permutation "Fighter physics" of the node "frame Hull01".

Now, I would appreciate some help here if anyone would be so kind as to answer my problems.

Edited by Angel Natavi on Feb 12, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 01:19 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
The collision is the problem, because it must follow the sealed world rules of halo.
You need to import the name of model.wrl into max, and fix the edges shown.
This is as well as i can explain a could not update edge error.

Edited by Maniac1000 on Feb 12, 2011 at 01:21 AM

Angel Natavi

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 01:22 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Huh. That is odd, because I didn't use more than spheres and cubes to make the model itself. So what would cause that kind of error to come up. Also, I'm not sure that I had one of those documents pop up in anything other than the physics.

EDIT: Okay, this is annoying. Since I can't post again or bump, I have to remake this post.

Okay, previous problem fixed, but now I am coming up with various errors when trying to convert the physics model. Could anyone help me with this one?

Edited by Angel Natavi on Feb 13, 2011 at 03:58 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 07:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Well, Generally the Closed World rule applies for physics models as well. What you want to do is open up 3DS max (or GMAX, dependingly) and go to the face selection tool. After that, select all the faces by pressing Control+A (make sure no faces are hidden) and then go to the modifier list and look for something called STL Check. hit the checkbox Everything and then select Check. It'll Tell you what you messed up on, press F3 to look at the model in wireframe and see where the red edges are, you'll have to fix those specifically. it can be painstaking but done right, you can have a pretty damn nice physics. Same goes for Collision.

Angel Natavi

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 07:33 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Huh, I did not know about that check. I'm still quite a novice at the whole modeling thing. But, thanks for the tip!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 26, 2020 6:19 PM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website