A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Map Request (Also Needs A Name)

Author Topic: Map Request (Also Needs A Name) (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Night Stalker 0722

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 04:07 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Hey guys, this is my first post here on HMF. Now it isn't the first time i've been here, in fact I used to come here all the time when I had a PC. I used to play Halo CE all the time.

Anyway, I don't have a PC anymore so I can't make maps or play others.
I was hoping someone would be willing to help me out.

I've need up to 7 different names but I can't decide which sounds best so vote:

() equals the # of votes

1. Biota
2. Biovolt (1)
3. Biosynthesis (1)
4. Verve (1)
5. Viability
6. Vitality

The reason I chose those names, is because they are synonyms for life.
The map is all about life. It's a life preserve on Installation 07.
The preserve is one of many built by a Lifeshaper called the Librarian.
Here samples of DNA were preserved and kept in storage till after the Halos fired for the first time.

Ok, most of the map is surrounded by a dense swamp (trees, foot high water, glowing bugs, rain). Through the middle of the swamp is a river that leads straight to a large Forerunner structure (The Library), but right before reaching the building the river splits. One goes to the left, the other to the right, creating a half circle shape around the building. They both go over a cliff that the structure slightly hangs over making waterfalls on both sides.
Patrolling the area outside are Sentinels. (Not hostile unless provoked)

The Library is similar to the Control Room in Halo 2 ( http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/a/ae/Control_Room3.jpg )

When you first enter the building you have to take an elevator down. (Like on the lvl 343 Guilty Spark) Once the elevator ride is over, you proceed through some doors directly in front of you. What you will find there are over a dozen Huragok (Engineers). They are harmless, just floating about going from terminal to terminal. Then through another pair of doors you enter what looks to be a holding cell area. (You can turn the containment shields on and off)

After that there is another set of doors that lead into a long wide hallway. At the end of the corridor is a large set of blast doors. You go to a terminal to open it. Once open they reveal a huge circular room. All around you are boxes in the walls with small lights. These boxes contain specimens gathered from across the universe. A Monitor (Like 343GS) floats around the room saying random things. In the center of the room there is a large hologram of the Halo installation, a region is highlighted. (It's where you are on the ring)

So when you start you're not even on the main map. You're on a Forerunner Warship, that is hovering over the installation. You can walk around the ship if want, but your objective is to "Get to the chopper!" Lol, jk jk. You need to get to one of the shuttles in the hanger bay.
Once in the shuttle you'll fly down to the building, or swamp area, which ever you prefer, to start at.

Once there head inside the building. If you haven't chosen a weapon yet (you can get them in the armory on the Warship too) then grab two of the three there. Sentinels will be flying around preparing for the battle to come. After about five minutes (I might make it less) the Flood will spawn at the back of the main map (in the swamps). Whether or not you're down there the two forces will start fighting. Your main objective will be to defend the Library at all costs. You only have 7 lives for 21 minutes.

NOTE: There WILL be many new tags for this project.

It will easier for me to explain with pictures, though I'm not that great of an artist.
I'll put some drawings up later.
Edited by Night Stalker 0722 on Feb 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Krypt222

My partner, my friend, my girl. Cortana.

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 06:19 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
How about Biovolt? > w >b

Night Stalker 0722

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 06:22 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Ok, I added it to list of possible names. :3
Thanks for the contribution. ^_^
Edited by Night Stalker 0722 on Feb 17, 2011 at 06:23 PM

Krypt222

My partner, my friend, my girl. Cortana.

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 06:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Yaya. I actually really like your idea for a map by the way! ^^ Im actually in the process of getting a couple maps built as well. :) Wanna help? o 3 o lol j/k Not unless you want to. ^^ Is your map a single player thing? I LOOOOOVE single player maps. = w = I grew up playing Halo without LIVE so Im used to playing alone. lol

Night Stalker 0722

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 08:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Krypt222
Yaya. I actually really like your idea for a map by the way! ^^ Im actually in the process of getting a couple maps built as well. :) Wanna help? o 3 o lol j/k Not unless you want to. ^^ Is your map a single player thing? I LOOOOOVE single player maps. = w = I grew up playing Halo without LIVE so Im used to playing alone. lol

Thank you! :3 Yes it's a single player map, and sorry I would help but I have MAC, which is why I'm making a request instead of building the map myself or with help. :/

Quote: --- Original message by: Carter 151
Biosynthesis?

Thanks for the cool name, I added it to the list. ^_^

Diaboy

A self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibility

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 08:38 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
I actually really like Verve. It has a nice ring to it, and I feel it kinda fits in the Halo map naming thing. Sounds good though! Looking forward to seeing some sketches so we can see what you mean better :)

Night Stalker 0722

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 08:51 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Diaboy
I actually really like Verve. It has a nice ring to it, and I feel it kinda fits in the Halo map naming thing. Sounds good though! Looking forward to seeing some sketches so we can see what you mean better :)

Thank you. I added your vote to the list. ^_^
Also, I should have the sketches up by tomorrow. :D

Diaboy

A self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibility

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 10:04 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
If this is an SP map, have you got any ideas for a story for the player, encounters etc?
Edited by Diaboy on Feb 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Night Stalker 0722

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 11:29 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kuwabara
Viability

Thank you for your contribution, there is now only one slot left.

Quote: --- Original message by: Diaboy

If this is an SP map, have you got any ideas for a story for the player, encounters etc?
Edited by Diaboy on Feb 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Yes I do have a story for the player. I just updated the OP.
Edited by Night Stalker 0722 on Feb 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 9:40 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website