A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »HEK + problem.

Author Topic: HEK + problem. (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

magmar452

The Covenant is the end one day...

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 03:26 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Hi i'm just new to Halo 2

When I extract Halo CE maps it is fine but when I extract Halo 2 maps, All folders, files are all in some random letters and numbers, whats wrong?

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 03:52 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
This is because the HEK+ was made for combat evolved/custom edition. It will not work with Halo 2.

magmar452

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 04:11 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
This is because the HEK+ was made for combat evolved/custom edition. It will not work with Halo 2.

But it says it here :

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 08:21 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: magmar452

But it says it here :

If the programmer is still around, try asking him.:3

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 08:53 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: magmar452

But it says it here :

I just read through the dialog box again.

Quote: This application provides a base for opening and browsing both Halo 1 and Halo 2 maps

It does say that it will open Halo 2 maps, but it does not say that it extract any thing from them. Also, if I recall correctly, the last version of HEK+ was released before Halo 2 Vista.(I might be wrong about that)

Like what Kuwabara said, if does say somewhere else that it can extract files from Halo 2 maps, it is most likely referring to the Xbox version.

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 11:11 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Being the resident Xbox version expert, I will take over. Yes, the HEK+ does open only Halo 1, CE and Halo 2 Xbox maps. At the time this app was originaly written by Steelix, Halo 2 Vista was not yet in production. The reason HEK+ will not open H2V maps, is because the PC version uses a "padding" file to fill in blank tag space. The padding is random, and could not be properly calculated.

It will open the xbox maps, but you cannot use it to extract any usable assets from. If you need asset extraction from the xbox version to use in your maps, then you will want H2Core, H2Guerilla and Entity UEv1.6 and 2.1.8. You can find Entity just about anywhere, but as for H2G and H2C, those are decompiling tools you need to make sp to mp maps. Because of certain bsp structures, and tag dependecies, you ofter have to re-compile a sp map into mp form to get some bsp's extracted.

Currently to date, I believe I am the only person to fully extract every single bsp mesh from the sp maps. If you need something in particular, don't hesitate to ask. It may take me a while to work requests into my busy schedule, but I'll get it for you eventually.

magmar452

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 11:24 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
I'm just Used to Halo CE stuff.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 20, 2020 8:47 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website