A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Water triangles missing?!

Author Topic: Water triangles missing?! (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Garanas

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 12:06 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Okay, so second question:

In Sapien the water geometry is doing... strange.
Take a look at the picture below.

You might think already now: Dude, you just need to fill that up in 3ds max and it is fixed, but believe me the water is going past that wall for another meter or something like that, and it is just that triangle (with 4 others) that are missing, but at the edge (you can't see this in the picture) it has a small line where it does show the water again, but not at the rest of the face.
I've tried some things, but nothing worked.

Why is this?!

Edit: I've just put a different shader on the water geometry, then it doesn't show those missing triangles. So, it has to be with the shader and probably connected to my first question, about the packaging.
Edited by Garanas on Mar 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 05:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
It could also be a portal issue, if you are using any.

Don't be afraid to post source sometimes.

Also, what material switches are you using? Such as:

http://www.monstrmoose.com/MMrepository/Halo_Tools/2_Vista/Tutorial/Halo_2V_Map_Editor/materials1.html

Garanas

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 02:51 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
I'm using ?!, for double sided and render only. But the double sided isn't required, so I'm going to put that away and see what happens.

What do you mean by a portal issue?
Are there any?

Edit: I've just readed your other post, and added them back again.
Edited by Garanas on Mar 15, 2011 at 03:00 AM

I got this one fixed, I've made a new plane, added the water shader to it and kept it apart from the main bsp, linked to the b_levelroot and added % infront of the object name and this seem to have fixed it. Not the other problem though, in my other post.

Thanks for helping me ;)
Edited by Garanas on Mar 15, 2011 at 03:09 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue May 26, 2020 7:51 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website