A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE maps in Reach

Author Topic: Halo CE maps in Reach (27 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

bigfoot343

Madness? THIS IS HALO!!!!

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 03:46 AM    Msg. 1 of 27       
Are there any Custom Edition maps that have been remade in Reach?

Are there any of you that are planning to remake CE maps in Reach?

If so then post them here!

Thanks.
Edited by bigfoot343 on Mar 16, 2011 at 03:46 AM

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 05:22 AM    Msg. 2 of 27       
You're getting that backward. He means have any halo CE maps been put into reach not reach maps put into CE.
To answer the question, yes I am pretty sure. I am not sure which ones they were. I think someone did tensity, but I am not sure.

Wolf_

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 11:36 AM    Msg. 3 of 27       
Arteen forged Tensity and Delta Ruins..

kev3344

IMAAA FIRING MAAA LAZAAA!!!!

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 03:14 PM    Msg. 4 of 27       
someone should remake cmt snow grove or sciophobia.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 03:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 27       
I was attempting to remake Yoyorast island when I first started playing Reach back in December (Started playing then because my Xbox had RROD, got a new one for Christmas) but several weeks later, when I got Live for the first time (More of a PC gamer :P) I completely forgot about it.

It's fairly well mapped out track-wise, but it needs to be simplified a ton in order to have the budget to be completed. I might finish it, but I'm honsetly starting to get sick of Reach.. Only Halo game I've ever gotten a bad vibe from. I havn't even finished it yet, to be honest.

Also, it's great to see this place is still going. I don't know what I'd do if I came and found Halo Maps offline. :S
Edited by DieHard Bob on Mar 16, 2011 at 03:33 PM

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 04:45 PM    Msg. 6 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: DieHard Bob

I was attempting to remake Yoyorast island when I first started playing Reach back in December (Started playing then because my Xbox had RROD, got a new one for Christmas) but several weeks later, when I got Live for the first time (More of a PC gamer :P) I completely forgot about it.

It's fairly well mapped out track-wise, but it needs to be simplified a ton in order to have the budget to be completed. I might finish it, but I'm honsetly starting to get sick of Reach.. Only Halo game I've ever gotten a bad vibe from. I havn't even finished it yet, to be honest.

Also, it's great to see this place is still going. I don't know what I'd do if I came and found Halo Maps offline. :S
Edited by DieHard Bob on Mar 16, 2011 at 03:33 PM

Turn off armor abilities and try to play Customs with friends. The game isn't bad, the matchmaking is. Bungie forced so much change into the game and only offered one option, play with it or play Customs.

This month the Classic playlist is coming out though which should fix Reach (No AAs, Higher jump, Faster Speed, Less hits to kill, etc.)

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 04:55 PM    Msg. 7 of 27       
Do original Halo Combat Evolved Maps Count? (Halo CE). I have rat race right now from some bungie user and I believe there are many more. Blood gulch is already in the game (hemmorage). I still like to play those rollercoaster maps though :P and I do wish for yoyorast Island, a multipurpose race map fit for anyone to play with.

I like SWAT.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 05:22 PM    Msg. 8 of 27       
HUGE POST AHOY

Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk

Turn off armor abilities and try to play Customs with friends. The game isn't bad, the matchmaking is. Bungie forced so much change into the game and only offered one option, play with it or play Customs.

This month the Classic playlist is coming out though which should fix Reach (No AAs, Higher jump, Faster Speed, Less hits to kill, etc.)

It's hard to play Customs with anyone I know, because all they want to do is to further abuse AA. Bungie did force way to much change into the game.. It's a shame, really. They had a mostly spotless record until Reach came rolling through the door.

It's more than just the AA's for me, though.. The game just doesn't seem to have that atmosphere the rest of the games do. It seems more like a generic shooter than a Halo title. And I know they were trying to make it look good, but I honestly find the art style of Halo CE more appeasing than Reach. They tried to add a whole new level of graphic complexity to a game which really doesn't need it. (Walk around http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4285 for a few minutes, then go walk around forge world. Which one looks better?)

Good to hear about about that playlist, though... That might actually fix some of this mess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
Do original Halo Combat Evolved Maps Count? (Halo CE). I have rat race right now from some bungie user and I believe there are many more. Blood gulch is already in the game (hemmorage). I still like to play those rollercoaster maps though :P and I do wish for yoyorast Island, a multipurpose race map fit for anyone to play with.

I like SWAT.

Before I say anything, I think hemmorage is a fail, for the most part. (Aside from that little cave off to the side, they got that right.)

I like some of the rollercoaster maps as well, but I'm finding it hard to find a good one these days that's not composed of 20 minutes of complete and utter cahos, trying to drive 10 feet through a fusioncoil minefeild.

Lastly, I ran into trouble with my version of Yoyorast. First of all, the Race gametype in Reach is totally screwed up. It wouldn't work at all in Yoyorast island.. Imagine sitting in the tower atop the middle of the map sniping away, and all of a sudden your on a mongoose.

This post is now diamonds.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Mar 16, 2011 at 05:32 PM
Edited by DieHard Bob on Mar 16, 2011 at 05:32 PM

Noble

"Well if it isn't the big cheese!"

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 07:18 PM    Msg. 9 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: bigfoot343

Are there any Custom Edition maps that have been remade in Reach?

Are there any of you that are planning to remake CE maps in Reach?

If so then post them here!

Thanks.
Edited by bigfoot343 on Mar 16, 2011 at 03:46 AM

I had a friend that remade Boarding Action, Beaver Creak and Prisoner, but I don't want to post anything without his consent.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 07:35 PM    Msg. 10 of 27       
Another problem; You can steal someone else's work and claim it as your own.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 08:06 PM    Msg. 11 of 27       
Not if you phase your name into the bsp (Not hovering in midair, like literally past the bsp collision model). You won't be able to delete the name either.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 08:14 PM    Msg. 12 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: kev3344
someone should remake cmt snow grove or sciophobia.

Kinda working on snow grove(It's not going to be snow but metal)...sciophobia I believe is done by someone...

Others I'm working on planned on working on:
Tensity
Sidewinder
Valhalla (Complete)
Chiron (WIP)
Rat Race
Test Run (Complete..not a complete replica but I added more features to it)

EDIT: Will also be accepting some requests
Edited by Skyancez3o4 on Mar 16, 2011 at 09:26 PM

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 08:15 PM    Msg. 13 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
Not if you phase your name into the bsp (Not hovering in midair, like literally past the bsp collision model). You won't be able to delete the name either.

We still talking about Reach here? Or are you talking CE?

Or am I Derping out?

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 08:39 PM    Msg. 14 of 27       
Reach.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 08:48 PM    Msg. 15 of 27       
Alright then.. Now I just need to figure out exactly where your talking about.

I've had the idea to leave my name in the thing somewhere before.. I just never caught on to where I could hide it. Mind going into detail/giving me a link?

Choclate Thunda

My BS meter agrees... -Hud Artist/Creator-

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 09:27 PM    Msg. 16 of 27       
Hey I made a 1:1 copy of Blood Gulch, the only thing I couldn't do is change the textures, but everything is exactly where it was. Oh yeah its the xbox version so no flamethrower or fuel rod. I also made game types like KOTH, Slayer, Oddball, CTF, and Race that are as close as possible to the Halo CE version. Ill post it up if you guys want?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15200825&player=h3freak09
Edited by Choclate Thunda on Mar 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 09:39 PM    Msg. 17 of 27       
I'll take a look, see if I can use it to replace hemmorage. :P

bigfoot343

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 01:32 AM    Msg. 18 of 27       
I found and downloaded Tensity and Delta Ruins, thanks. I hope the Yoyorast Island gets done along with Snowgrove.

I hope someone remakes No Remorse and Augur, if not then I will have to wait until I get my laptop fixed and reinstall CE so I can get references and try to remake them myself. I'm not the best forger..

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 01:49 AM    Msg. 19 of 27       
Reach is going down, people are getting burnt out on it, bungie failed there. >.> So sad bungie, your just horrible now :(

bigfoot343

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 02:02 AM    Msg. 20 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: pakar45
Reach is going down, people are getting burnt out on it, bungie failed there. >.> So sad bungie, your just horrible now :(

Im afraid I'll have to disagree I enjoy Reach very much.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 02:09 AM    Msg. 21 of 27       
Anyone else completely hate the ranking system?

All I want is the armour. You can all shun me, but I've boosted (In an "okay with bungie" way) before to grab enough credits for my next armour piece. I'd much rather have no rank at all beside my name and all the armour than have to blow 2 years to hit whatever rank it is you reach when you can afford everything.

bigfoot343

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 02:14 AM    Msg. 22 of 27       
Can we get back on-topic please?

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 02:16 AM    Msg. 23 of 27       
Some kind of double posting error here.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Mar 17, 2011 at 02:16 AM

Hawkeye 117

No Fear, Vehicle Noob is Here!

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 02:53 AM    Msg. 24 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: DieHard Bob
Another problem; You can steal someone else's work and claim it as your own.

No you can't, it keeps record of the creator in the file. If you look at the details of the map it will have 2 creators, the original and the edit.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 03:28 AM    Msg. 25 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hawkeye 117
No you can't, it keeps record of the creator in the file. If you look at the details of the map it will have 2 creators, the original and the edit.
You sure about this? I've checked before, and I don't remember anything about the original creator..
Edited by DieHard Bob on Mar 17, 2011 at 03:28 AM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 10:00 AM    Msg. 26 of 27       
What happened was this, I was trying to make a skull run/indiana jones map (Success!) and put obstacles everywhere. I accidentally phased a ramp into the ground with the center point going through the ground (Past bsp collision). Somehow, it did not delete the block like reach should have and that created an un-deletable block object.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 04:30 PM    Msg. 27 of 27       
So all I need to do is find a reliable method I can use over and over to phase me name into the ground. Works for me. :P

A problem with this is that it is possible to glitch yourself into the ground.. Although weather you can delete things while down there is unknown to me.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Mar 17, 2011 at 04:38 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 5:54 PM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website