A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Really annoying 3ds max problem.

Author Topic: Really annoying 3ds max problem. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Garanas

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 01:45 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Okay, so I've hit some keys on accident and now I've got something really annoying, when I rotate around an object, or move around it (without rotation) you will see the bounding box of the object, but not the object itself (geometry) which is really annoying.

What is the fix to this?
I did search in the help file, but it didn't end up quite well.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 06:56 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Keys that might help in this situation:

F2, F3, F4 - these hide/show some of the geometry making it easier to see

X - hides the manual drag tool

*Also restarting Max may/could reset it for you which you prolly already know.

Now, if you just mean the objects disappear when actually rotating (and not after) I think thats just how Max works and yes it it annoying.

Garanas

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 10:23 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
It isn't how max just works, I'm using 3ds already for 3 years, and before yesterday (or the day before, not sure) it started doing this, because of something I pressed I think, but I don't know what.

Thanks for your help anyway.

EDIT: Found it.

O Adaptive Degradation Toggle

Shows objects as boxes while moving, rotating, zooming on viewport to increase viewport performance. I hardly ever use this one, but its one of those darn keys you may hit by accident and wonder what the heck is going on with your objects.

(source: http://www.3dvalley.com/tutorials/3d-studio-max-hotkeys-and-mouse-essentials )

Pressing O fixed my problem.

Again, thanks for taking the effort to post.
Edited by Garanas on Mar 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun October 20, 2019 6:58 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website