A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »how to make a reach jetpack (for single player)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: how to make a reach jetpack (for single player) (57 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 04:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 57       
Okay, So i'v gotten the request and every time i try to upload to halomaps it has failed, So i guess i'll post it here,

To start out go into guerilla and go to file, make a new. and in the drop down box select effect in our new effect tag add one to Local, Events, and Parts, In parts change the type to damage effect, Now go to new again and. Make a new damage effect,

Now in our new damage effect. make the radius 1.5 to 3.25 world units, Scroll down to breaking effect, make forward velocity set it to 80, Forward radius 1, Forward exponent 2, Outward velocity 1, outward radius 0.2, and leave outward exponent at 0,

Down to damage, check the box that says does not heart friends make the category mounted weapon make damage upper bound 1 to 1 and instantaneous acceleration 0.32, don't change anything in the damage modifiers,save this into characters\cyborg\armor_abilitys\ and save it as jetpack.damage_effect

go back to our effect now, in the damage effect locate your new jetpack one, and once you have found and selected it save it as jetpack.effect in the same place that you saved the damage effect,

open your cyborg tag now, and under attachments find flashlight, in the drop down box beside it select effect rather than light, and locate your jetpack.effect, save this and your done,

if you want to add smoke it's as simple as going into your scorpion tag finding shell contrail.contrail, copy and past it into the same place that you put the other things in this tutorial, open your cyborg tag and go down to attachments and select the jetpack, over beside it you should see duplicate, do that and under the drop down box this time make it contrail, select your new contrail and open it, in point generation rate make it 10 scroll all the way down to the bottom and in width make it 0.05,

so thats it, this thread mite have some updates so you might look at it every once in a while, if you have any questions ask here and i will try to get a script up to make it only last a few seconds soon

first update

ok the community has made some great suggestions, so heres an update, the original jetpack had some bad stuff, if your shields were down you would leave a trail of blood, and while using the jetpack you could not zoom, to fix both of these, simply check the box that says only hurts shields, and the box that says skips shields, this takes out all damage and leaves nothing but the push, now make the radius 0.00001, because this will make it so you can't push people\vehicles ect, now i'm still i'm quite sure that checking the box that says does not ping units will take out the lag, but since i haven't tested it yet. don't hold me to it, but i would check it just because it might work :), so thats it

Edited by grunt_eater on Mar 22, 2011 at 11:44 AM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 04:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 57       
Or remove the damage values entirely and only have the force pushing you (instantaneous acceleration)

Plus, why the hell would you make your radius so big? 1-3 world units? Thats like a grenade crater. It will push other people away, which is not what the reach jetpack uses. I suggest you fix it to like 0.1 radius.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Mar 16, 2011 at 05:00 PM

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 05:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 57       
if you take all of the damage out it will intern not do the push, i'v tried it, and i don't know why i made the radius so big, and if you could read you would see that i said "for single player" so who is it going to push away?, because i said to check the box that says does not heart friends

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 05:11 PM    Msg. 4 of 57       
It causes an awkward push on the AI around you and makes them move back a bit. It's weird to watch.

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 05:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 57       
if you check the box that says does not heart friends, then the only ai it will bother are your enemy's and they wont let you get close enough, they'll jump\run\roll away they don't want to be close quarters, i'v done this and tested it, the ai on your team will not be disturbed if you CHECK THE BOX, so it does work

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 06:02 PM    Msg. 6 of 57       
This affects everything with physics, even vehicles. Just change it down.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 07:01 PM    Msg. 7 of 57       
I actually figured this out a while back. I was too lazy to complete it so it never really got anywhere.

milkkookie

:)

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 08:05 PM    Msg. 8 of 57       
Now in our new damage effect. make the radius 0.1 to 0.1 world units,
and for the damage make damage lower bound 0.01 , upper bound 0.01 to 0.01
check hurts only shields and check skip shields

this will make the damage effect not move vehicles you want to enter
it will not make ai spin like crazy and you wont take any damage when using it
Edited by milkkookie on Mar 16, 2011 at 08:07 PM

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 11:19 AM    Msg. 9 of 57       
yes change the world units fix it, it already doesn't heart you, because it does so little damage that it cant make a big enough dent, i'v sat terning it on when it terns off for an entire round and no shield damage,

as for it shoving you into the ground, did you did you take out the text in the cyborg attachments tag?, go to attachments and select the jetpack, make sure it has no text in the box beside marker contact me back after this if it doesn't work

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 05:38 PM    Msg. 10 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
I actually figured this out a while back. I was too lazy to complete it so it never really got anywhere.

Its not really something new, a friend of mine also figured this out about 8-9 months ago... This version seems rather over powered compared to the ones in reach.

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 12:24 AM    Msg. 11 of 57       
lol, well considering no one shared, then i'm taking credit for it, because i made it by myself. and no one else released before me, (said jokingly)
Edited by grunt_eater on Mar 18, 2011 at 12:25 AM

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 06:10 PM    Msg. 12 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater

(said jokingly)
We figured that much out when you said "lol" at the beginning of your post.

Also, it's HURT, not HEART.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 10:03 PM    Msg. 13 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
It causes an awkward push on the AI around you and makes them move back a bit. It's weird to watch.

Well if you stood at the base of a rocket when it launches you're be blasted away a fair distance.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 10:54 PM    Msg. 14 of 57       
?

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 11:39 PM    Msg. 15 of 57       
Modern Physics: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In other words, rocket (in this case, jetpack) + thrust = movement + force (the force being the one to shove everything away from the point of impact).

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 12:31 AM    Msg. 16 of 57       
sigh, i didn't make this thread so people could tell me it's been done before, i made it because i had figured out how to do it and other people asked me how, so if your just here to tell me that i'm not the first to come up with this. i respectively ask that you stop. and let those who don't know how to do this enjoy, i'm not mad, just trying to help the people who want this out a little bit

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 01:03 AM    Msg. 17 of 57       
Oh! I have an idea! New Armo Ability: Suicide Bomb. replace flashlight with an explosion. Basically Jetpack's effects except the explosion should actually do damage. Would be a bit cheap though.

Volteer55

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 01:47 AM    Msg. 18 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
Oh! I have an idea! New Armo Ability: Suicide Bomb. replace flashlight with an explosion. Basically Jetpack's effects except the explosion should actually do damage. Would be a bit cheap though.

That would be handy on large maps, Extinction for Example.
Loose vehicle, BOOM, respawn.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 03:42 AM    Msg. 19 of 57       
Turn on suicide penalty, I think that will count as one.

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 11:27 AM    Msg. 20 of 57       
lol working on it, but i have to make custom animations and collisions to, otherwise it will glitch in sapien, but yeah, it's coming

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 03:05 PM    Msg. 21 of 57       
Could you model jetpacks onto the backs of a few of the existing bipeds?

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 03:19 PM    Msg. 22 of 57       
i planed on making the cmt mark v with it, because it looks alot like a reach biped to me

hey, hiralis just made a suggestion, if you check the box that says does not ping units will it take out the lag in MP, please test and prove before answering :D

first update

ok the community has made some great suggestions, so heres an update, the original jetpack had some bad stuff, if your shields were down you would leave a trail of blood, and while using the jetpack you could not zoom, to fix both of these, simply check the box that says only hurts shields, and the box that says skips shields, this takes out all damage and leaves nothing but the push, now make the radius 0.00001, because this will make it so you can't push people\vehicles ect, now i'm still i'm quite sure that checking the box that says does not ping units will take out the lag, but since i haven't tested it yet. don't hold me to it, but i would check it just because it might work :), so thats it
Edited by grunt_eater on Mar 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 06:39 PM    Msg. 23 of 57       
What about the part when people shoot you and your shields cant recharge?

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 10:09 PM    Msg. 24 of 57       
Damage effects don't even work well as mancannons or ghost boosts. Have you tried this jetpack in mp as a client? Super laggy.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 04:37 PM    Msg. 25 of 57       
Does it recharge in midair?

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 06:16 PM    Msg. 26 of 57       
YES, stop talking when you have no idea what your saying, the updates fix all problems exept the time limit, and i'll post a script for that in a lil while

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 11:10 AM    Msg. 27 of 57       
Just tested it, still lags in mp, and doesnt recharge in midair.

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 01:27 PM    Msg. 28 of 57       
if you checked the box that says only hurts shields and skips shields then yes it will recharge and it wont leave a blood trail, if not then expect eh last two things listed to happen, and you also wont be able to zoom, if you do check them then you'll be fine, if your not sure where to find these boxes, go to the damage tag and scroll down to where you put it the instantaneous acceleration and find the boxes, and if it still doesn't work. you'v done something wrong because it works fine for me

Alberto

Disillusioned by the internet. Getting a life..

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 01:36 PM    Msg. 29 of 57       
However way you put it, damage effects will always lag in MP if you are not host.

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 01:46 PM    Msg. 30 of 57       
well i said i hadn't tested it. and not to hold me to it. you seem to be pretty hostile about the mater and i take no blame if the updates don't work for you, they work for me, so i tried to share

and another thing, i specifically said it was for SP so i'm sorry if i wasn't clear enough
Edited by grunt_eater on Mar 27, 2011 at 01:49 PM

Alberto

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 01:50 PM    Msg. 31 of 57       
You said was for SP, yet continue to argue it works for MP. I am being blunt, and I do not care for updates.

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 02:14 PM    Msg. 32 of 57       
i did not argue that it worked for MP. i said it might work. and that i hadn't tested it, and if i can get it to work for both SP and MP then yes i'm going to jump at the opportunity, if your not here to discus the jetpack or to help fix problems then you shouldn't be here at all
Edited by grunt_eater on Mar 27, 2011 at 02:14 PM

Alberto

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 02:34 PM    Msg. 33 of 57       
Last I check this was forum, to give opinions on topics.

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 03:13 PM    Msg. 34 of 57       
if your opinion helps make the project better then yes. but if all your doing is saying "this is stupid" over and over then no. that is considered trolling and is against the rules, if you want the jetpack then you have a reason to be on this thread, if not then your just being helpless and that is not needed, i invite and thank any help and\or advice that will intern make the project better but if the only reason your here is to point out the obvious flaw that everyone already knows. then i politely ask you to go away

grunt_eater

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 04:17 PM    Msg. 35 of 57       
1. when is before?
2. what are these?, if your talking about the jetpack then
3. why didn't they release them?
4. everyone keeps saying that i'm not the first to do this. i made mine and released it on Jan 29, 2011 06:51 PM i am sure of this because i posted on the HRCEMT thread, if anyone else made theirs before that and wants credit. then it's there fault for not posting, if they have proof that they posted before me then i'll give them that, but i made mine by myself

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 9:38 AM 672 ms.
A Halo Maps Website