A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Zombie Town - Survival in the Post-Apocalypse

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Zombie Town - Survival in the Post-Apocalypse (54 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 10:30 PM    Msg. 1 of 54       
Original BSP: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=974

The Quarantine

The Safe House

The Crash Site

...Salvation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A ruined city overrun by the Infected. Survivors must band together to endure the approaching onslaught. Safe areas are scattered throughout the regions, offering a temporary haven from the walking dead. Players will be forced to relocate in an effort to replenish their rapidly dwindling supplies at numerous outposts.

NOTE: Intended for the multiplayer Zombies gametype.

Other Details: Humans and Zombies alike will spawn unarmed, but will retain their melee ability. The Survivors will generally spawn within arm's reach of a hastily stored weapon, but be on the lookout for the Infected. Keep on your toes, and focus on arming yourself before attempting to engage.

While your weapons may not have their familiar reticles conveniantly overlayed onto the center of your screen, remember to make use of the ADS (Aiming Down the Sights) feature by pressing the zoom button.

ARSENAL:
==USP Pistol==
Fire Mode: Semi-Automatic
Magazine: 15 rounds
Carry Capacity: 300 rounds
Rate of Fire: 300 rpm
Information: A reliable backup weapon for personal defense.

==M16A2 Assault Rifle==
Fire Mode: Automatic
Magazine: 50 rounds
Carry Capacity: 350 rounds
Rate of Fire: 600 rpm
Information: An innacurate, low-power assault rifle with a high rate of fire.

==AK-47 Assault Rifle==
Magazine: 40 rounds
Carry Capacity: 320 rounds
Rate of Fire: 500 rpm
Information: An accurate, high-power assault rifle with a low rate of fire.

==Browning Automatic Rifle==
Magazine: 20 rounds
Carry Capacity: 300 rounds
Rate of Fire: 450 rpm
Information: A heavy-hitting semi-automatic rifle capable of eliminating targets at range.

==M24 Sniper Rifle==
Fire Mode: Bolt-Action
Magazine: 10 rounds
Carry Capacity: 20 rounds
Rate of Fire: Bolt-Action
Information: A high-powered sniper rifle capable of eliminating targets at extreme range.

==M1014 Shotgun==
Magazine: 10 shells
Carry Capacity: 70 shells
Rate of Fire: 200 rpm
Information: A scattergun with a wide cone of fire to deter multiple targets.

Suggestions? Questions?

And one more thing. The default Spartan has 75 points of shield vitality, and 75 points of health. Now, considering the only available weaponry on this map is ballistic in nature, which lessens its effectiveness against shielding, should I remove shields altogether and up the player vitality to 150?
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Echo77

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 10:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 54       
Well, you can't even actually go into that room. The door looks good from the outside, though, so I figured it'd be alright.

And one more thing. The default Spartan has 75 points of shield vitality, and 75 points of health. Now, considering the only available weaponry on this map is ballistic in nature, which lessens its effectiveness against shielding, should I remove shields altogether and raise the player vitality to 150?
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 1, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 11:32 PM    Msg. 3 of 54       
Yes, you should make it so that the humans can only survive 2 melee hits from the zombies.....

Also, we need a few more modern guns here....G36E,G36C and MG36 ?? I'm pretty sure there's a Barret, M4, MP5 and others floating around

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 11:32 PM    Msg. 4 of 54       
I think it would be a bad idea to put a players health at 150 unless it actually IS a spartan biped. If it's just a human biped, use about 50 and no shields

Echo77

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 11:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 54       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skyancez3o4
Yes, you should make it so that the humans can only survive 2 melee hits from the zombies.....
Already set. >:)
Also, we need a few more modern guns here....G36E,G36C and MG36 ?? I'm pretty sure there's a Barret, M4, MP5 and others floating around

I considered the G36E in some of the early builds, but decided to replace it with the BAR. As for modern weapons, I tried to use things that would be somewhat believable to find in a typical urban environment. I'm modifying every weapon so that it has unique statistics and a specific purpose.

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
If it's just a human biped, use about 50 and no shields

But this is for multiplayer, meaning that you'll only have a maximum of fifteen zombies attacking at any given time. It seems like a lot more, when you throw in panic and shields, but I think 50 might be a bit too low, considering the damage some of these weapons do. Would 100 health points be a good setting?
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 1, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:05 AM    Msg. 6 of 54       
Well, it's UNSC marines off duty right? sure, why not?

And I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't find a BAR in modern days anymore (except in war museums and other WWII places) so yea...besides, the G36E is awesome :D
Edited by Skyancez3o4 on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Jesse

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:06 AM    Msg. 7 of 54       
Well, you say it's multiplayer, but who are you playing against? I assumed AI, but if you are making a multiplayer map with AI, that is a huge mistake.

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:19 AM    Msg. 8 of 54       

Well, it's UNSC marines off duty right? sure, why not?
What?
And I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't find a BAR in modern days anymore (except in war museums and other WWII places) so yea...besides, the G36E is awesome :D

BAR is awesomer. :O

But in hindsight, I suppose you're right. I needed something to fill the heavy rifle category, though, and seeing as how the G36E fires the same round as an M16, it wouldn't make much sense for it to be dealing more damage. So I went with the Browning.

Well, you say it's multiplayer, but who are you playing against? I assumed AI, but if you are making a multiplayer map with AI, that is a huge mistake.

You'll be fighting against player-controlled zombies. AI + Multiplayer = Fail.

Jesse

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:20 AM    Msg. 9 of 54       
So you play as zombies? :o sounds interesting.

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:25 AM    Msg. 10 of 54       
....You've never played a game of zombies before? O_O

There's usually a server up on CMT Snow Grove. Go there now. But, to put things simply...

Red Team = Survivors
Blue Team = Zombies

•The humans must try and survive to the last man, while the zombies attempt to succesfully infect the entire team.
•There is a single zombie at the start of the match, and while they may or may not be armed, they are not allowed to fire their weapons (some of the fancy gametypes have it set so they can't deal damage even if they fire, but some of us have to improvise), and can only harm a human by melee attacks.
•When a Red is killed by a Blue, he is "infected," and is forced onto the Blue team by fancy gametype scripts or a wave of the banhammer. That zombie goes on to infect more zombies, and so on and so forth until a single Red remains.
•Survivors aren't allowed to use grenades. Again, this is typically disabled by fancy Infection-style gametypes, but I went ahead and removed the grenade ability for those of us who can't figure out how to run the friggin' thing.
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:27 AM    Msg. 11 of 54       
:O
I demand to know which server it is

Jesse

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:28 AM    Msg. 12 of 54       
oh THAT type of zombies! I didn't understand how you were going to implement AI into multiplayer and have two different bipeds for each team. I was like

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 12:32 AM    Msg. 13 of 54       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
:O
I demand to know which server it is

Well, I must have been gone longer than I thought, because it looks like it's been shut down....

T_T

oh THAT type of zombies! I didn't understand how you were going to implement AI into multiplayer and have two different bipeds for each team. I was like

Yeah, there aren't going to be any AI, but I managed to get some dead body tags in .scenery form, so I scattered a lot of those around. I don't think anyone has figured out a simple way of having a different biped for each team, so until then, it's going to use Spartan bipeds.
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:33 AM

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 09:23 AM    Msg. 14 of 54       
And I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't find a BAR in modern days anymore (except in war museums and other WWII places)

Isn't MG36 out too?

Also, I tink there should be 2 bolt-action snipers, with the M24 as the lighter, faster one.

Here's my list of suggestions:
==AWP Sniper Rifle==
Fire Mode: Bolt-action
Magazine: 5 shells
Carry Capacity: 10 shells
Rate of Fire: Bolt action
Information: A slower, stronger and less accurate alternative to the M24.

==SR-25 Sniper Rifle==
Magazine: 20 shells
Carry Capacity: 40 shells
Rate of Fire: 100 rpm
Information: Almost like a cross between the M24 and the AK-47, pistol accuracy, same damage as AK-47, has a scope.

==SPAS-12 Shotgun==
Magazine: 12 shells
Rate of Fire: 300 rpm (By the way, doesn't this mean it fires 5 shots in 1 second? You sure you got the statistics correct on your one? I'm only putting 300 because SPAS is an Auto and must be faster)
Information: A weaker, faster firing alternative to the M1014.

==Steyr AUG A1==
Magazine: 55 shells
Carry Capacity: 385 shells
Rate of Fire: 700 rpm
Information: Has a built-in scope, ADS will have zoom as a result. Has much faster animations than the other Assault Rifles, but slightly weaker shots and melee damage. Also very accurate.

==HK416 Prototype Assault Rifle==
Fire Mode: Burst-fire
Magazine: 30 shells
Carry Capacity: 180 shells
Information: Fires in a 3-round burst, otherwise comparable to an M16, slightly more accurate. Fast animations.

==XM8 Prototype Assault Rifle==
Fire Mode: Burst-Fire
Information: Similar to the HK416, but has a built-in scope, more accuracy, and slower animations.

==MINIMI Machine gun==
Magazine: 100 shells
Carry Capacity: 200 shells
Information: A devastating weapon with similar damage to an AK-47, but lacks in accuracy. Also has slow animations. Has strongly climbing recoil. Ammo is heavy, only 2 clips can be held in reserve.

==MP5 SMG==
Magazine: 65 shells
Carry Capacity: 455 shells
Rate of Fire: 750 rpm
Information: A versatile weapon useful for medium-to-close quarters combat. Has a slight climbing recoil.

==MAC-10 SMG==
Rate of Fire: 800 rpm
Information: Inaccurate, should be used in close quarters. Climbs a fair bit.

==PP-19 SMG==
Magazine: 85 shells
Carry Capacity: 595 shells
Information: A strong, moderately accurate weapon for medium/close quarters. Its large clip allows for prolonged periods of firing.

==Colt Anaconda Revolver==
Magazine: 6 shells
Carry Capacity: 84 shells
Rate of Fire: 60 rpm
Information: A slow, strong-hitting revolver.

==RPG-7==
Fire Mode: Dunno how they call it
Magazine: 1 shells
Carry Capacity: 9 shells
Rate of Fire: 30 rpm
Information: Slow animations and fire rate, dangerous to self, but can be the only salvation in some situations.

Yes, I was bored, sleepy and waiting for a 3-hour scan to kill a virus in my computer. Btw your magazine sizes are rather large, I believe. I felt obliged to follow your scale. Also, do not understand what you mean by a semi-auto shotgun doing 200 rpm.

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 04:07 PM    Msg. 15 of 54       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
And I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't find a BAR in modern days anymore (except in war museums and other WWII places)

Isn't MG36 out too?
The G36 series has a light machine gun referred to as the MG36.
Also, I tink there should be 2 bolt-action snipers, with the M24 as the lighter, faster one.
I've only got one type of bolt-action rifle.
Here's my list of suggestions:
==AWP Sniper Rifle==
Fire Mode: Bolt-action
Magazine: 5 shells
Carry Capacity: 10 shells
Rate of Fire: Bolt action
Information: A slower, stronger and less accurate alternative to the M24.
The M24 is my only bolt-action rifle.
==SR-25 Sniper Rifle==
Magazine: 20 shells
Carry Capacity: 40 shells
Rate of Fire: 100 rpm
Information: Almost like a cross between the M24 and the AK-47, pistol accuracy, same damage as AK-47, has a scope.
Similar role filled by the BAR.
==SPAS-12 Shotgun==
Magazine: 12 shells
Rate of Fire: 300 rpm (By the way, doesn't this mean it fires 5 shots in 1 second? You sure you got the statistics correct on your one? I'm only putting 300 because SPAS is an Auto and must be faster)
Information: A weaker, faster firing alternative to the M1014.
If I end up needing an automatic, I have a Pancor Jackhammer on standby.
==Steyr AUG A1==
Magazine: 55 shells
Carry Capacity: 385 shells
Information: Has a built-in scope, ADS will have zoom as a result. Has much faster animations than the other Assault Rifles, but slightly weaker shots and melee damage. Also very accurate.
Don't have an AUG.
==HK416 Prototype Assault Rifle==
Fire Mode: Burst-fire
Information: Fires in a 3-round burst, otherwise comparable to an M16, slightly more accurate. Fast animations.
Don't have an HK416.
==XM8 Prototype Assault Rifle==
Fire Mode: Burst-Fire
Information: Similar to the HK416, but has a built-in scope, more accuracy, and slower animations.
XM8 never saw mass-production, so I don't think it would be common enough to include.
==MINIMI Machine gun==
Magazine: 100 shells
Carry Capacity: 200 shells
Information: A devastating weapon with similar damage to an AK-47, but lacks in accuracy. Also has slow animations. Has strongly climbing recoil. Ammo is heavy, only 2 clips can be held in reserve.
Similar role filled by the BAR.
==MP5 SMG==
Rate of Fire: 750 rpm
Information: A versatile weapon useful for medium-to-close quarters combat. Has a slight climbing recoil.
Might add an Uzi if I end up needing a submachine gun.
==MAC-10 SMG==
Rate of Fire: 800 rpm
Information: Inaccurate, should be used in close quarters. Climbs a fair bit.
==PP-19 SMG==
Magazine: 85 shells
Carry Capacity: 595 shells
Information: A strong, moderately accurate weapon for medium/close quarters. Its large clip allows for prolonged periods of firing.
==Colt Anaconda Revolver==
Magazine: 6 shells
Carry Capacity: 84 shells
Rate of Fire: 60 rpm
Information: A slow, strong-hitting revolver.
I might implement a heavy pistol.
==RPG-7==
Fire Mode: Dunno how they call it
Magazine: 1 shells
Carry Capacity: 9 shells
Rate of Fire: 30 rpm
Information: Slow animations and fire rate, dangerous to self, but can be the only salvation in some situations.
The heaviest weapon will probably be a single-shot pump-action grenade launcher, if I end up needing oneone.
Yes, I was bored, sleepy and waiting for a 3-hour scan to kill a virus in my computer. Btw your magazine sizes are rather large, I believe. I felt obliged to follow your scale. Also, do not understand what you mean by a semi-auto shotgun doing 200 rpm.
It means that if you fire as fast as the weapon can cycle, you'll be capped to 200 rounds per minute.

I'm using a weapons system inspired by the Left 4 Dead series, giving the players a handful of weapons that have very specific roles and traits, forcing them to choose based on the advantages and trade-offs of each weapon. But I'll definitely keep these in mind if it turns out that I need more variety.
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 2, 2011 at 06:58 PM

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 04:10 PM    Msg. 16 of 54       
If you want some good modern weapon tags, you could ask around, i'm pretty sure gamma, jesse, or broke have some.

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 04:15 PM    Msg. 17 of 54       
If they want to share, it'd be greatly appreciated, but I haven't done anything that would differentiate me from any other random modder yet, so they probably wouldn't be too willing to hand them out. I could definitely go for some new animations to my current weapons, though....
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 2, 2011 at 04:25 PM

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 07:06 PM    Msg. 18 of 54       
Th zombie gametype is epicness. Lovin the sound of this

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 07:37 PM    Msg. 19 of 54       
The positive feedback is greatly appreciated, guys. You all can haz cookie. Moar cookies for good suggestions. And yes, that could be considered bribery.

But I have a few more thoughts I need opinions on....

•Seems like everyone pretty much agrees that shields should be disabled. Should I set the health points to 85?
•Include portable health packs for the Survivors?
•Is the BAR believable enough for a situation like this, or should I go with something else? The National Guard used them up until the mid '70s, from what I've heard.
The unarmed melee feature has one problem. While the left-handed punch has visible third person animations, the right-handed punch does not. Can somebody tweak them so that the left-handed third person animations are used when the primary fire is used?
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 2, 2011 at 07:45 PM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 08:08 PM    Msg. 20 of 54       
For the heavy rifle, I think I remember there was 1 FN SCAR model on this site...but that was waaay last year or 2 since I saw it...

BTW the HK416 is out of prototype... :D

EDIT: to answer those questions:
1) ??
2)Should be hidden health packs....so the survivors need to find it...but there should be common ones that takes longer to "respawn" than the hidden ones
3)Pretty sure there's a FN SCAR model here waiting to be textured and animated and.....
4) ???
Edited by Skyancez3o4 on Apr 2, 2011 at 08:11 PM

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 08:22 PM    Msg. 21 of 54       
The FN SCAR is just a model. I need them in .weapon form.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 08:30 PM    Msg. 22 of 54       
that's the problem...*sigh* anyways...could you also do a SP version of this? it sounds interesting as both SP and MP....but I still enjoy MP more (Only that I lag too much x.x)

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 08:36 PM    Msg. 23 of 54       
Well, it'd make a great single player if I could set it up like I have it in my head. Only problem is, I have no idea how to script, or even place AI. Epic fail is epic.

But, if someone would be willing to help* me with that, I don't see why an SP would be out of the question.

*Do the hard stuff while I eat sammiches and tell you what to do.
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 2, 2011 at 08:39 PM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 08:44 PM    Msg. 24 of 54       
Nice this looks awesome I love apocalyspe stuff

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 08:49 PM    Msg. 25 of 54       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Nice this looks awesome I love apocalyspe stuff

Opsy-approved!

*fangirls screech in background*
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 2, 2011 at 08:49 PM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 09:02 PM    Msg. 26 of 54       
Lol, I probably would help with the AI placement if I have enough time with sapien but the other problem is, I still have trouble placing a CMT tag in tutorial LOL... but yea..a SP version would be nice..

Anyways, does destructible scenery work online? cuz you could place some doors or fallen items that blocks the zombies way and they would have to melee it to destroy it before advancing on to the humans..

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 09:08 PM    Msg. 27 of 54       
Destructible scenery doesn't sync online as far as I know. I think I could accomplish a similar effect by using doors that can only be opened via melee attack, though.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 11:03 PM    Msg. 28 of 54       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Destructible scenery doesn't sync online as far as I know. I think I could accomplish a similar effect by using doors that can only be opened via melee attack, though.

If possible, make the doors open through multiple melee attacks...that way, it makes it more like a zombie apocalypse...and also, human players should be able to "repair" the doors

Echo77

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 11:06 PM    Msg. 29 of 54       
I'm not sure if I can set it to take multiple hits, but I might be able to just overlap two or three doors so that it takes longer to bash through. Humans won't be able to repair them, but I've seen doors that automatically close a few seconds after being smashed open, so maybe I can get that to work.

Unless someone has a more efficient method?

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 11:17 PM    Msg. 30 of 54       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Destructible scenery doesn't sync online as far as I know.

I remember a thread somewhere saying that you can use parts to detonate a vehicle since object_attach sync.
-Zekilk

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 10:10 AM    Msg. 31 of 54       
The reason that devices don't sync-- yes, even melee ones-- is that players could have damaged it already, and someone else could join after. That new person thinks that it's not damaged at all.

Echo77

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 12:26 PM    Msg. 32 of 54       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
The reason that devices don't sync-- yes, even melee ones-- is that players could have damaged it already, and someone else could join after. That new person thinks that it's not damaged at all.

Yeah, I knew that doors didn't quite sync online, but seeing as how they'll only remain open for a few seconds, I figured it would be a small enough window of oppurtunity that it wouldn't really make much of a difference.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 12:47 PM    Msg. 33 of 54       
Oh, well, then, yeah. I though you meant doors that melee open permanently, like they totally break.

Echo77

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 12:50 PM    Msg. 34 of 54       
Lol, yeah, that would be a problem.

Could somebody make a door that takes multiple hits to open?

Edit: Better yet, perhaps something along the lines of a Covenant stationary shield generator. After taking a certain amount of damage, the barrier is destroyed. Three to four seconds later, it reactivates, returning to its original state.

Example:
1. Wooden pallet begins to take damage.
2. Wooden pallet is destroyed. Shower of splinters, object disappears.
3. Wooden pallet returns. Repeat step 1.
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 3, 2011 at 01:17 PM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 09:58 PM    Msg. 35 of 54       
so if the wooden pallet takes damage, is there a script that makes it so that there must be a player present to regenerate hp or reset?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun May 24, 2020 6:41 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website