A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Rocket Marines

Author Topic: Rocket Marines (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

WSYD Zeta

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 11:36 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Is it possible to make marines hold rocket launchers? Mine end up spawning with assault rifles. Even though I'm modding them via guerilla and saving them.

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 01:48 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Marines have no rocket launcher animations, I suppose bungie thought it would be a bad idea to let them have that thing, but if you want to make them hold it you'll need to add animations for them.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 01:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Can't you just use the cyborg animations? Or... will that not work? I'm not too good with animations...

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 02:08 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
It won't work. There are some ways to transport those animations between the two graphs, however. I'd suggest finding a tut about it.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 06:12 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Marine.model_animations
Find the 'stand' stance, and find the list of weapons in it. Duplicate the one called ar and name it rl.
Do the same for the 'crouch' stance.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 06:48 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
But then players hold the rocket launcher like the ar, because it's the same weapon. For what it's worth, just edit the field in the animation tag rather than the field in the weapon tag.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 07:01 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
1) Open the .model_animations file
2) Under unit, select stand
3) Scroll down to weapons. In this example, I'm using the marine model animations, and the first item here is rifle. This is the 3rd person rifle animation. Now, assuming you want your biped to hold a rifle, you would leave this at rifle. Otherwise, you'd browse to pistol for a pistol animation, and so forth
4) Scroll down to weapon types
5) Here, you will see a 2 or 3 letter string. In the marine, the default under rifle is ar. This is the assault rifle animation. Now, open the weapon you want the biped to hold and scroll down until you find the weapon label. Go back to the marine model animations and weapon types, and click duplicate. Rename the string in the duplicate to the weapon label you just found
6) Save
7) Repeat for units W-passenger, crouch, and alert

You're done
Edited by Gamma927 on Apr 4, 2011 at 07:02 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 24, 2019 7:05 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website