A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »[Gravemind] Ai Change Teams... Makes AI disappear?

Author Topic: [Gravemind] Ai Change Teams... Makes AI disappear? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 07:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Every time I change an AI's team with gravemind, when I go ingame, they disappear if they aren't in a vehicle. Like, ok, lets say I change the Meta of the jackals to the grunts, then change their team to Human. They disappear.

The only setting I mess with it the team. I use Mr. Mohawk to change the Metadata btw.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 10:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
I've never tried to change up the AI like that but you must know that neither of those apps where ever finished and lack many features.

Twinreaper

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 09:48 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Ok, here's the problem with editing meta data in a mp file. Meta data is always constantly changing. The meta data for a particular tag is different than the the meta of the same tag in a different map or instance. When you change the meta data on a map file, it also sometime shifts around meta from other tags. Also, when there are instances where there are override defaults in place, so even if you change something in meta, the actual tag flags and the tag defaults will sometimes be used or overwritten.

For changing teams properly, you sometimes have to change tag values in a couple different spots, which means actually changing physical tag data, not just simple meta swaps.

On a side note, I can't believe Dennis actually posted about the corrupt map problem in the other thread. You're right Dennis, it's always the end users fault that the file is corrupt...never halomaps fault, which btw hosts the files. Just sayin...

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 04:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
But it isn't MP...?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 05:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
You're right Dennis, it's always the end users fault that the file is corrupt...never halomaps fault, which btw hosts the files. Just sayin...
That is correct. The maps are tested before archived, the archives are tested when transferred to the file server and again before they are downloaded. If you download a zip archive that won't open then either the download got cut off or something on your system has corrupted it. We do not store corrupt Zip files andwe test them weekly to be sure.

Twinreaper

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 11:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
I meant map file up there, not mp file...lol keyboard fail. Everytime you save an edited map file, the meta data value should change or shift in a map. Open a Halo PC or CE map file, change some stuff, and open it back up, or open multiple maps, and you will see what i mean.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 03:17 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Hey man it happens to me to,only one level did it actually work,also if you change the MC's colors,the mao does the infinite cutscene loop.

I would love for the source or a source to gravemind or mr mr.mohawk,I would like to be given the chance to fix these issues.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 08:34 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
http://www.monstrmoose.com/

PM or leave a thread for Kantanomo. He has the Source for Gravemind and also has a slightly updated release of it that he made. Then there is his new application called Ambiguous which is the first RTE (Real Time Editor) for H2V.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 08:45 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Will do sir thankyou

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 10:37 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website