A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Next Halo Game

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Next Halo Game (77 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:13 PM    Msg. 1 of 77       
Well, got my incoming information a few months ago, and it just hit 6 months, so I am allowed to literally "leak" this info (of course thats the whole point of these people giving me information anyways).

The next game has been codenamed/nicknamed whatever: Halo Episodes, the apparent story is behind the beginning of the spartan II program, pre-suit, and pre-augmentation. The ending is supposed to bind with a second disk pack (basically, a second disk that tells the rest of the story), that basis where the previous game left off with the augmentations taking place as an ending cut-scene.

The second disk will feature pre-halo 1 gaming, featuring you as John, before he met Cortana and when he meets Cortana, and as for the first cut-scene, your visited by Dr. Halsey while your in a medical recovery room.

Anywho, when I get some pictures, I'll put them up, figured you guy's would like this.
Edited by KillerKip1 on Apr 10, 2011 at 05:14 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:17 PM    Msg. 2 of 77       
so basically its going to be an even worse game then reach cool

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:19 PM    Msg. 3 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

From the transcripts, it looked good, but who knows?

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:23 PM    Msg. 4 of 77       
They should make a new odst game...

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:24 PM    Msg. 5 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1

In all honestly (and at least; from my opinion), I see most Halo games after Reach rather pointless. Halo is old, overdone and there trying to solve every mystery that they created in the universe, leaving absolutely no room for wonder and imagination for the player to enjoy. If they want to keep feeding us story, do it novels or something else. It's time for something new already.

SeL

twitter.com/TeamFalldog

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 77       
there's only 3 halo games in existance

halo

halo 2

and halo 3

everything else is a spinoff

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:26 PM    Msg. 7 of 77       

In all honestly (and at least; from my opinion), I see most Halo games after Reach rather pointless. Halo is old, overdone and there trying to solve every mystery that they created in the universe, leaving absolutely no room for wonder and imagination for the player to enjoy. If they want to keep feeding us story, do it novels or something else. It's time for something new already.

For some point I agree, but the game is still in its scripting phase, it might be killed off with a new game, a Marathon exerpt, or hell, even another book. My hope is that they use Eric again, he knows how to write.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:30 PM    Msg. 8 of 77       
got a link to where u heard this?

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:33 PM    Msg. 9 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
got a link to where u heard this?

Quote: Well, got my incoming information a few months ago, and it just hit 6 months, so I am allowed to literally "leak" this info (of course thats the whole point of these people giving me information anyways).

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:35 PM    Msg. 10 of 77       
yea I'm not gonna belleive any of this till we have actual proof.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:36 PM    Msg. 11 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
yea I'm not gonna belleive any of this till we have actual proof.

Good for you

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:37 PM    Msg. 12 of 77       
Your ''information'', lol.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:39 PM    Msg. 13 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r
They should make a new odst game...

That failed plans when they found that ODST did not meet their sales quota

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 05:47 PM    Msg. 14 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dancing Mad
They should stop making Halo games already.

Now, with that said, if they released another game, would you play it?

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:02 PM    Msg. 15 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dave Needs A Shave
Bungie will have to pull something new and spectacular out of their behind if they want there to be any chance that I'll be buying their next game. Halo Reach really was a let-down in so many ways, and I am not exactly planning on buying any future Halo games should they continue on their kiddy gameplay road that they have been following with Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach.

Unfortunatly Halo's fanbase seems to have shifted to pre-teens and teenagers in general, and as a result that is the base that bungie will be catering to.

Thats not entirely true, the fanbase is still between 17-23, its actually risen from its first game release of 15-21

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:08 PM    Msg. 16 of 77       
Microsoft should just leave Halo at the 5 games it has now, ODST and Reach were the best in my opinion.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:11 PM    Msg. 17 of 77       
From what i've understood, Halo's never been about realism, but yeah, Armor-lock is the worst thing to happen to Halo since Halo 2.

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 77       
^^ Halo series was always full of preteens.

Reach was not a disappointment IMO, but if they keep spitting out crappy sequels and spinoffs like Call of Duty does every year, their overall quality of gameplay will continue to decline. The Halo series should stop where it is right now.

I greatly appreciate Bungie moving on to their next series because I'm confident that their games will be as good as Halo was.

Note the 'was' in the previous sentence.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:16 PM    Msg. 19 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader
From what i've understood, Halo's never been about realism, but yeah, Armor-lock is the worst thing to happen to Halo since Halo 2.

I agree with that, but the whole purpose Halo has tried to serve was the realistic physics ingame (which for Halo 1 was brand new, Bungie was the first to get it playable), and an arcade-based action. Where it goes by the all known word "WAVE" of enemies at a time.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:18 PM    Msg. 20 of 77       
To me it's mainly the single player beeing so disapointing... it seems every game is a step backward. But they have indeed been improving the MP in general. I haven't tested Reach on XBL but I have to say Halo 3 was such an improvement from Halo 2...

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:19 PM    Msg. 21 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion
^^ Halo series was always full of preteens.

Reach was not a disappointment IMO, but if they keep spitting out crappy sequels and spinoffs like Call of Duty does every year, their overall quality of gameplay will continue to decline. The Halo series should stop where it is right now.

I greatly appreciate Bungie moving on to their next series because I'm confident that their games will be as good as Halo was.

Note the 'was' in the previous sentence.

I liked the Reach Beta a lot, it was limited to the locations, weapons, and abilities, but it made playing it that much easier and less distracting, it was fun!

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:29 PM    Msg. 22 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
there's only 3 halo games in existance

halo

halo 2

and halo 3

everything else is a spinoff

and who are you to decide what is spinoff and what is not?

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:34 PM    Msg. 23 of 77       
Exactly. Reach was epic and so was odst imo

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 06:49 PM    Msg. 24 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dancing Mad
They should stop making Halo games already.

Now, with that said, if they released another game, would you play it?

nope

ziko

Raw!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 07:11 PM    Msg. 25 of 77       
They should realy remake halo combat evolved and halo 2 first.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 07:12 PM    Msg. 26 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
I think ODST was a response to all the Special Forces hubbub Call of Duty brought to the table.
No, it was to show what was going on with Earth when the Master Chief left. The game was brilliant for a 1-year development schedule as well, I absolutely loved the campaign.

ziko

Raw!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 07:19 PM    Msg. 27 of 77       
Yes but they should make it for the xbox360 leave the game original fix up the graphics make xbl so every one can play the best multiplayer maps (bloodgulch is the best!) leave the pistol with the scope (best gun in halo series!) Dont change the campaign. I think that would be the best game of all time if they did it.

ziko

Raw!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 07:27 PM    Msg. 28 of 77       
Well thats your book not others...

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 07:53 PM    Msg. 29 of 77       
There is no reason to change the crisp, clean graphics of the original Halo. I just cannot get the same reaction towards graphics these days that I had when I first saw the original Halo. There is also no reason to give XBL capability to it. Playing system link all day with friends makes it more worthwhile than when playing with random people.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 07:56 PM    Msg. 30 of 77       
Well, come to think of it Reach wasn't as perfect as I thought it would be.
Obviously it's an awesome game, but

1. The campaign felt childish in the way that they were trying make it epic, but they missed the target by quite a bit. So the result is an awkward experience that doesn't very natural or believable. The modern warfare 2 campaign on the other hand nails that target and heck rips the whole target to pieces.

2. The multiplayer seems pretty good, I like all of the loadouts, except for invisibility. However there aren't enough maps. Not counting Forge World, there were only 8 competitive mp maps on disk. Halo 1 on xbox had 13. PC had 19. And the Reach maps other than Powerhouse aren't the kinds of maps that you get attached to. Powerhouse is the on disk-map that stands out like Bloodgulch(1) or Ascension(2) or Guradian(3) or Crater(ODST).

ziko

Raw!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 08:06 PM    Msg. 31 of 77       
AGLion i agree i use to have a xbox original and play system link with friends they were the times.. but no one realy has a xbox original any more every ones got a 360 it would be great to put it on the 360 platform and give it a shot..

Xoronatus i agree halo reach the maps are pathetic the campaign was ok mw2 was a great campagin all the cods have a great campaign. halo combat evolved is my favourite game of all time by far also halo 2 and 3 but halo odst and reach is a step out of the story from halo3 and the multiplayer maps!! OMG halo ce had the best multiplayer maps bloodgulch sidewinder and eg. halo 2 i didnt play it that much it it was also a great game and halo 3 had mad maps vahalla guradian and reach..... nothing

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 08:23 PM    Msg. 32 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
To me it's mainly the single player beeing so disapointing... it seems every game is a step backward. But they have indeed been improving the MP in general. I haven't tested Reach on XBL but I have to say Halo 3 was such an improvement from Halo 2...

Yeah but did you notice how Halo 2 was a deprovement even over the first game?

Reach's SP is okay, though even in the total of 2 hours of SP I've played, I've noticed too much stuff ("irrelevant" stuff, like bodies, wreckage or cinematic ships) disappearing in my face. I mean, what the hell Bungie, you used all that effort to make things look realistic then you show us your engine deleting stuff before you unload that part of the BSP?
I liked the storyline though.
But I hate Bungie nowadays.

ziko

Raw!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 08:31 PM    Msg. 33 of 77       
I agree IcePhoenix they changed to quick halo 1 armour to this new armour in halo2 then halo3 then halo reach? they take away dual wield another armour new stuff jetpack armour lock and eg like they delete add delete ...

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 08:36 PM    Msg. 34 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: ziko
I agree IcePhoenix they changed to quick halo 1 armour to this new armour in halo2 then halo3 then halo reach? they take away dual wield another armour new stuff jetpack armour lock and eg like they delete add delete ...

Ziko, what is your point anyways, you keep agreeing to everyone, thus contradicting yourself and you have no statement.

ziko

Raw!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 08:42 PM    Msg. 35 of 77       
REMAKE HALO CE FOR THE 360 PLATFORM!???

Im agreing with others to because they are right they bungie just adds stuff and takes it away.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 9, 2020 9:41 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website