A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Can't find a program to make levels

Author Topic: Can't find a program to make levels (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Posted: May 7, 2011 07:19 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Ok, so I just installed the map editor, and have been trying to work out how to make maps with it. So far, all I have been able to work out, is that I need to either get 3ds max (which I can't afford) or gmax (which windows 7 tries to install and uninstall at the same time for some reason, and therefore I can't use it either)

Any suggestions? (about how to get gmax working, or an alternative, AND how I should actually make maps afterwards, seeing as the help file was a bit...confusing)

All help appreciated, thanks.

beazt

Posted: May 7, 2011 07:58 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Im afraid Gmax wont support bungies .ASS plugin, meaning that you need 3ds max 6 to 8. .ASS plugin doesnt work on max 9 and later versions.
You could try free trial version of 3ds max, it works for 1 month.

As for the rest of map making I suggest looking at tutorials on this site.
armomans98 tutorial got me started,.

bobbysoon

Posted: May 7, 2011 05:47 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Try this. I'll call it 1.0.1 since the only version I could find was 1.0.0. (TheGhost said he made 1.2, but he never uploaded it, far as I know)
ASS Exporter v1.0.1.ms http://www.mediafire.com/?39m9i8libn71mrn
I don't do H2v, so I haven't tested it, but it should work.

You'll need GrabListener: http://www.mediafire.com/?h917nf9ef498nx0
When the export finishes, a "launch GrabListener" dialog appears, If GrabListener is in gmax's scripts folder, you can right-click it and select Open to run it. If you "Open" grablistener with the "launch GrabListener" dialog, nothing will happen. Gmax can't run GrabListener any more than it can export directly to a file

Let me know if it works
Edited by bobbysoon on May 7, 2011 at 05:56 PM

Posted: May 9, 2011 10:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Ok, thanks, I'll try that out tomorrow, or whenever I next get the chance. I'll let you know then. :)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri February 28, 2020 2:23 PM 110 ms.
A Halo Maps Website