A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[SP] RPSP Arc1

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: [SP] RPSP Arc1 (130 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: May 7, 2011 09:00 PM    Msg. 1 of 130       
Hello guys, Just a little topic about my upcoming release of 3 single player levels named RPSP_S10, RPSP_S30 and RPSP_S50. That's a little project I started 2 years ago before actually deciding to finish last fall during a 2 months period without internet.

This is basically something I used to teach myself AI and scripting.

I did not spend any particular time making the encounters of the level itself preventing you from exploring as it was not my purpose. What this does mean is, if you're doing something you think is wrong or does not seem to be the expected level behavior, then chances are the rest of the level will not work as expected. Examples: Jumping in orbit, Stealing Banshees ETC.

Originally this project featured 6 maps however for the time being I'm only about to release 3 as I am focusing on Multiplayer stuff at this time.

I also know my campaign is not perfect, has flaws and such but it is indeed fun and epic. Please note I am not competing against Lumoria and it's makers, I easily concede them the spot of best available SP at this time.

This SP is not meant for lower end computers either.

And please, by all means, play this on HEROIC or LEGENDARY. Easy and Normal are WAY too easy :)

You play as ODST Sergeant Damon Dugard, stationned on the UNSC No prayer for the dying,
a beatle-class Insertion class part of Battlegroup Odin. Redirected to Reach after
the initial covenant attack, the UNSC Needs you and your ODSTs to secure vital ground
assets: A UNSC Hydroelectric Powerplant.

Here's a screenshot batch from RPSP, up to be released in the next days:

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789588]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789595]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789604]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789610]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789615]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789619]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789627]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789635]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113789638]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113791064]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113723329]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113723320]</a>

http://www.xfire.com/profile/opsy/screenshots/?view#113723323]</a>
Edited by OpsY on May 7, 2011 at 09:00 PM
Edited by OpsY on May 7, 2011 at 09:01 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: May 7, 2011 09:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 130       
Looks Epic can I interest you in maybe, *cough* CE3 *cough*

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 7, 2011 09:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 130       
The initial cut scene like part with the ships looks pretty neat. It'd be nice to see some better pictures illustrating some interesting parts of the level, rather than just close ups of the characters.

aZn9ja37

....????!!!!!

Posted: May 7, 2011 09:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 130       
Looks pretty epic, never seen a hce odst drop sp level...

SeL

https://twitter.com/FalldogStudio

Posted: May 7, 2011 10:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 130       
I can count the amount of colours in each picture on my fingers.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: May 7, 2011 10:44 PM    Msg. 6 of 130       
You probably can't, but yeah, it is lacking a lot in detail.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 7, 2011 10:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 130       
Well there are only 7 basic colours in the spectrum :)

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 7, 2011 11:22 PM    Msg. 8 of 130       
Looking good! Always looking for good SP maps.

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: May 8, 2011 06:39 AM    Msg. 9 of 130       
ODST Nick was wrong. Opsy is farrrr from being dead.
-Zekilk

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: May 8, 2011 07:30 AM    Msg. 10 of 130       
Why would I be dead? I have more unreleased content than ever, I'm just doing less BSP modelling and more overall stuff. I'll be releasing the Beatle ship scenery soon aswell, I only have one or two content things to add.

cyboryxmen

Posted: May 8, 2011 09:15 AM    Msg. 11 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Why would I be dead? I have more unreleased content than ever, I'm just doing less BSP modelling and more overall stuff. I'll be releasing the Beatle ship scenery soon aswell, I only have one or two content things to add.

Nick said that you raged quit because he riped your RPG Beta 6.2 map.
-Zekilk

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: May 8, 2011 12:13 PM    Msg. 12 of 130       
Lol. I made a statement over the groups that proved him playing intern wars was useless.

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: May 8, 2011 01:08 PM    Msg. 13 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: cyboryxmen

-Zekilk

I don't think he said that, I KNOW he didn't say that. Get me a quote to prove me wrong.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: May 8, 2011 02:54 PM    Msg. 14 of 130       
This looks really nice, I like it :)

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: May 8, 2011 04:10 PM    Msg. 15 of 130       
nice.

Reminds me that i need to make progress on my campaign.... so does Maniac.......

cyboryxmen

Posted: May 8, 2011 08:07 PM    Msg. 16 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: 032 Mendicant Bias
Quote: --- Original message by: cyboryxmen

-Zekilk

I don't think he said that, I KNOW he didn't say that. Get me a quote to prove me wrong.

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
OH YAY! We're seriously doing this again!!!

For the 1 billionth time!

It's simple, if you put it into the halo engine, even if it's only on your PC, it is now officially Microsoft's property even though it is on your computer. No matter where it goes after that also doesn't matter. Still owned by Microsoft.
Whether Microsoft doesn't care about what we put in halo also doesn't matter.
Any ethical issues do not matter. (ethics are not law)
Any "aw come on man" issues don't matter.

Basic property issues are as follows.

If you think up an idea it is your property.
If you take this idea, don't have a patent, and verbally communicate the idea to someone, no longer your property necessarily if that person wants to do something with it.
If you own the necessary program, meaning bought the full version that says you can sell your stuff in the terms and agreements, then you own what you make and can sell or do what you want with it (I think).
If you try and sell something on a student version of ANYTHING, you may get in trouble, anything made on those is NOT your property and I am positive it is stated in terms and agreements of probably all student version programs.

Basically, with the budgets I am sure MOST people here have and the fact the items in question are wanting to be ripped from user created content ingamed to halo, no ownership issues can possibly arise here unless you happen to be making millions of dollars because you are the owners of the Halo franchise in which case, qwitchurbitchin.

He is right, but just use caution when doing these things. About a year ago, i did this to OpsY's maps, and HE GOT PISSED. He posted a newspost on his xfire page, "RPG_Beta" that he would quit mapping because of me. There was 4+ pages of hate, and some people started a HATE clan aganst me for him quitting. They stalked my sister's facebook, they threatned hacks aganst me, and they all stopped after i apologized to OpsY publically.

I recommend you watch your actions, and do not go down the path i did.

I don't blame you for not following that thread. It was one hell of a firefight. I feel sorry for myself for reading all of the 6 pages in one day.
-Zekilk

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: May 8, 2011 10:37 PM    Msg. 17 of 130       
yes, Yes! ,YES!!

The First Person in about a year that has caught my eye in for me to redownload Halo CE to play a map.

I will definitely play this! A fully constructed level as if Bungie made is (i.e. POA to Halo switch) I love the BSP switching of like entire worlds or space to land)'

Please be a good map! Also, please release it within the year

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: May 9, 2011 01:25 AM    Msg. 18 of 130       
Looks nice, the first screenshots seem a bit like the Halo 1 version of the cutscene where they land on the ark in H3. Is that what gave you the idea?
Edited by The Cereal Killer on May 9, 2011 at 06:16 PM

cyboryxmen

Posted: May 9, 2011 03:29 AM    Msg. 19 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: Daniel

Got a rough estimation on when you plan to release this btw?
Btw: the lone marine looks a bit odd between all the ODST's, what is his purpose?
Edited by Daniel on May 9, 2011 at 02:55 AM

You had just discovered the secret marine. As a reward, here's a cookie!
-Zekilk

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: May 9, 2011 07:25 AM    Msg. 20 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: Daniel

Got a rough estimation on when you plan to release this btw?
Btw: the lone marine looks a bit odd between all the ODST's, what is his purpose?
Edited by Daniel on May 9, 2011 at 02:55 AM

This lone marine is a survivor from a crashed pelican earlier. I think on these sequence he's the only survivor from the about 5 or 6 survivors. Also, to add to the synopsis, These ODSTs on this scene aren't part of your own platoon. ODSTs are Statistics.

As for the opening scene, no I didn't take the idea from Halo 3. I used some of Reach's added plot elements such as when the AI calls for UNSC Fleet reinforcements. You are part as these. As your player wakes from Cryo, he's puzzled to learn where he is.

As for release, over the next weeks this should be out, I have some minor stuff to check. As I said, it's not perfect, most of the BSPs are simplistic but people who tested it considered it fun. But play on Heroic or Legendary

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: May 9, 2011 05:34 PM    Msg. 21 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
That ship looks like that one from that one map Nick made, did you make it first or what? :confused:

For the most part, anything Nick "made" in his previous maps came from Opsy or CMT.
Edited by Echo77 on May 9, 2011 at 05:35 PM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: May 9, 2011 05:52 PM    Msg. 22 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

That ship looks like that one from that one map Nick made, did you make it first or what? :confused:

For the most part, anything Nick "made" in his previous maps came from Opsy or CMT.

So he just rearranged OpsY's tags in OpsY's maps? o-o

Ironic, ain't it? 0_e

tylerp14

Ohai der...

Posted: May 9, 2011 05:52 PM    Msg. 23 of 130       
This...Is...AWESOME. Lol, just had to say that. Keep up the good work OpsY

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: May 9, 2011 08:55 PM    Msg. 24 of 130       

Lol nick just takes stuff, and mods it. He hasnt made anything. Most of the Stuff is already Opsy stuff.

Nickster5000

Posted: May 10, 2011 08:38 PM    Msg. 25 of 130       
Red text = my answers

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick

I just used the same textures.

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Anything you've made custom Mr. Echo?Edited by ODST_Nick on May 10, 2011 at 08:39 PM

**cough cough**

Edited by ODST_Nick on May 10, 2011 at 08:40 PM
Edited by ODST_Nick on May 10, 2011 at 08:42 PM

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: May 11, 2011 12:13 PM    Msg. 26 of 130       
Quote:
Edited by ODST_Nick on May 10, 2011 at 08:40 PM
Edited by ODST_Nick on May 10, 2011 at 08:42 PM
lmao the first six of those are mine, and the monorail is just a troop hog with it speed modified... Nice try though, and don't you dare say "and what have you made" to me, because we both know the answer. Really, it was a nice attempt at taking credit for deleting marker, changing the texture to something worse and changing projectiles...
Edited by Amazingcuziam on May 11, 2011 at 12:16 PM

SeL

Posted: May 11, 2011 03:40 PM    Msg. 27 of 130       
shut up idltp

jesus you're annoying

SeL

Posted: May 11, 2011 03:42 PM    Msg. 28 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: idltp
why don't you shut up? i'm sick of you too.

Because I contribute good content to this site~

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: May 11, 2011 03:43 PM    Msg. 29 of 130       
How about both of you shut it, so that this topic doesn't get locked by Dennis?

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: May 11, 2011 03:47 PM    Msg. 30 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: idltp
you're saying i have to make good stuff to post on this forum? show me where in the rules it says that.
Wasn't even implied... He/She/It just simple meant that He/She/It was a useful member who actually does stuff and so needn't shut up at your command. (my interpretation, of course. I'm probably incorrect though.) Oh, and Idltp, you spelled "sence" wrong, its spelled "sense".
Edited by Amazingcuziam on May 11, 2011 at 03:50 PM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: May 11, 2011 05:05 PM    Msg. 31 of 130       
I'm uploading to Halomaps as we speak, so it may take a few weeks for official upload. I learned I probably will have to go on Hiatus once more for some time in the next few days.

cyboryxmen

Posted: May 11, 2011 10:51 PM    Msg. 32 of 130       
I'm uploading to Halomaps as we speak, so it may take a few weeks for official upload. I learned I probably will have to go on Hiatus once more for some time in the next few days.

I hope Dennis gave this map the red carpet that it deserves.
-Zekilk

FluFFy

Posted: May 11, 2011 11:06 PM    Msg. 33 of 130       
As a RPSP Tester I should warn anyone who doesn't have a very good computer should be warned that the intensity of RPSP may cause some major Lag (Imagine playing the whole thing in slow motion). Also as a tester allow me to say I very much enjoyed RPSP, while some aspects may not look the best, there are tons of moments where you can help but say to yourself "EPIC WIN." Opsy's concepts are really unique but as I said they can cause a lot of lag, Unless you're an obsessed matrix fan, then you should be 2x as Happy
Edited by 007 on May 11, 2011 at 11:06 PM

cyboryxmen

Posted: May 12, 2011 12:58 AM    Msg. 34 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: 007

As a RPSP Tester I should warn anyone who doesn't have a very good computer should be warned that the intensity of RPSP may cause some major Lag (Imagine playing the whole thing in slow motion). Also as a tester allow me to say I very much enjoyed RPSP, while some aspects may not look the best, there are tons of moments where you can help but say to yourself "EPIC WIN." Opsy's concepts are really unique but as I said they can cause a lot of lag, Unless you're an obsessed matrix fan, then you should be 2x as Happy

As long as there is no freeze screen moments at which for my case, there will(Damn you Lagzilla!!!!!!!!!)
-Zekilk

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: May 12, 2011 07:20 AM    Msg. 35 of 130       
Quote: --- Original message by: 007

Indeed it gets laggy for some lower end computer. I don't have a good GFX Card and a mid range 3 years old processor and I don't get lag at all during the maps. this means the thing is more CPU intensive than Graphics intenssive. Imagine, at some point you have 30 marines fighting by your side.

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 6:36 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website