A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Why can't I win?????

Author Topic: Why can't I win????? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: May 13, 2011 05:20 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Alright, so whenever I am on any server, if I get into a battle rifle duel, I always lose, even if I have a head start. I can't even kill them if they don't shoot back. When other people br me, it takes them like 3 bursts. For me to kill them, it takes literally like 10. How do I actually wina br duel?

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: May 13, 2011 05:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
ping/lag/lead.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: May 13, 2011 07:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Oh, because I always aim for the head. Maybe that's why.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: May 13, 2011 07:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
You always aim towards where the person would go, not directly at them.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: May 13, 2011 10:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
H2 Battle Rifle Tips:

If you have a good ping (of between 50 to 100) you can kill with a BR in four shots, especially if the last shot is at the head.

Always aim the last shot at their head. You know its the last shot because their shield is depleted and about to recharge.

Have full BR ammunition as often as possible, always take a dead enemy's bullets when possible.

Melee unaware enemies first then finish em off with the BR, if the original attack was not fatal.

Faster weapon reload (works for many other weapons as well): During the reload animation, just as the ammo has entered the weapon you would weapon switch twice. This skips part of the reload animation and allows you to get back to shooting sooner then your enemy may anticipate.

Do not use the BR on most vehicles, use two SMG.

Never have your Sword out unless you are about to use it, a ranged weapon is ready for immediate use when engaging near and distance fighting while the guy running around with his Sword out is just asking to die. Also, having your Sword (or other power weapon) out lets the enemy know what to expect from your attack and who to go after for whatever power weapon advantage. In other words: Always have your BR out unless you plan to use another weapon.

Twinreaper

Posted: May 14, 2011 11:42 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Ping does play an important part of br battles, but also you have to remember that the battle rifle in halo 2 is the only weapon to be a "hitscan" weapon. Meaning that if your ping is low, lets say somewhere between 64 and 120, no matter where you are in relation to your enemy, the battle rifle bullet burst will instantly hit the target.

Of coarse most of us had gotten use to the battle rifle of Halo 3, which was tweaked to operate more like pistol from halo 1 in terms of range and collision calculation from ping.

The best advise I can give you is to constantly move around. Do not stop or run directly at the enemy. Always keep a good distance when using the br, and always keep the opponent guessing as to the direction you are heading.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: May 14, 2011 12:13 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Yeah, I had considered slowing down my shots before, because it worked in CE, but I always got killed before I could get 3 bursts out. Ok, so it's the body you want to shirt first, and finish them with the head. Alright I'll try that.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 4:51 AM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website