A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Closed map issues. I followed HEK tutorial. I still get open edge.:(

Author Topic: Closed map issues. I followed HEK tutorial. I still get open edge.:( (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

didymus

Posted: May 25, 2011 05:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I followed HEK tutorial.

okay so I shall explain to you series of events leading up to error

1. I import the d40f.scenario_structure_bsp.obj (converted by Halo_CE_BSP_Tag_Converter_V2.5)

2. I then make a multi/sub object in the material editor and then I add all of the materials used in the BSP and then I click on the checkered box in the material editor so that they show up in the view port.

3. I give material ids to all objects within the scene

4.. I then create a box and name it level and I make it completely surround the d40f BSP.

5. I attach the BSP to the box so that they are one object.

6. I then link the attached objects to a box named frame.

7. I export using JMS_Exporter_v1-0-1.ms

8. I compile using command >tool structure levels\blablabla blablabla

THE ERROR: ### ERROR edge #54 is open (red).

Problem is that I completely sealed off the map when I created the box I named level. I just don't get it.

http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/

XlzQwerty1

Posted: May 25, 2011 08:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
After reading, I laughed out loud'd.

Creating a box around the level, does nothing, because the level geometry is not sealed, you just basically made a huge level skybox for the level. Seal the entire level.

Omni_Warrior

It Shall Not Happen Again!

Posted: May 25, 2011 09:08 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Hi didymus!

If you would like for me to look at your map and fix it for you let Me know. You can send me an email at krispy1001@kp-coolstuff.com, or send me a personal email here at Halomaps.org.

If you would like to look at some of the maps that I have worked on; go to the search box at halomaps.org and type in krispy1001 and it will bring up all of the maps I have helped with. I have started working on maps with krispy1001 for the last couple of months.

Krispy1001 and I have also uploaded a .scenario file for all new Halo map makers to learn with. It has all of the physics for the map complete all you have to do is put in all the assets that you want in the map. Halomaps.org has not put our file up yet but they should soon.

let me know!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 27, 2020 4:08 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website