I followed HEK tutorial.
okay so I shall explain to you series of events leading up to error
1. I import the d40f.scenario_structure_bsp.obj (converted by Halo_CE_BSP_Tag_Converter_V2.5)
2. I then make a multi/sub object in the material editor and then I add all of the materials used in the BSP and then I click on the checkered box in the material editor so that they show up in the view port.
3. I give material ids to all objects within the scene
4.. I then create a box and name it level and I make it completely surround the d40f BSP.
5. I attach the BSP to the box so that they are one object.
6. I then link the attached objects to a box named frame.
7. I export using JMS_Exporter_v1-0-1.ms
8. I compile using command >tool structure levels\blablabla blablablaTHE ERROR:
### ERROR edge #54 is open (red).
Problem is that I completely sealed off the map when I created the box I named level. I just don't get it.