A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP] HaloRank

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [WIP] HaloRank (104 messages, Page 2 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

spartin115

Scripter;Level design; AI; Animation

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 12:52 AM    Msg. 36 of 104       
What is the WIP Password?

Hawkeye 117

No Fear, Vehicle Noob is Here!

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 01:52 AM    Msg. 37 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
Lose the background.

Everything else looks alright, but try to keep it simple like this.

http://www.dystopia-stats.com/

I disagree

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 05:23 AM    Msg. 38 of 104       
Take out the about and signup page. They're pretty useless and i hate websites that have too many buttons to press.
-Zekilk

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 06:33 AM    Msg. 39 of 104       
Your CSS skills are amazing :D. Are you using dream weaver?

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 08:22 AM    Msg. 40 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
Lose the background.

Everything else looks alright, but try to keep it simple like this.

http://www.dystopia-stats.com/

I want to give users the possibility to select different color for the website. ( See concept images below)
I'll add a background feature as well where you can set what you prefer there.

Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
WTF IS THE WIP PASS?
For some reason I've lost my old account, so now I'm trying to make a new one.

You old account has been removed like everyone else. This was done on purpose, since the old account system was missing some configuration settings. I did keep the total scores and all old played games in place for now, exp however has been reset.
A Terms of Use has been added for sign up which will also tell you about what I can do with your account. So don't be surprised if it happens again in the future, next time I'll make sure to send out an email.

As for the actual WIP Password.
I'll probably post it here in a few days, still a small few things I want to check and update.

Quote: --- Original message by: cyboryxmen
Take out the about and signup page. They're pretty useless and i hate websites that have too many buttons to press.
-Zekilk

The Sign up link is there only when your not logged in.
I don't see any reason to take it out, since I can imagine some people first browsing a bit to see what the system can potentially do, before signing up.

What I will consider is move the more "useless" pages links (in a much smaller font) to the footer, keeping the top bars for the main features of this system.

Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars
Your CSS skills are amazing :D. Are you using dream weaver?

Thanks, if you check the first page of this topic you can see how much I've been trying to get better at it. Basically at first I was looking for a designer. The people I found usually were busy with other project and couldn't bring up enough time. However they inspired me and shared some examples of their CSS to eventually attempt it myself.

I Started with making concept images in order to refer to.
For example the index.php page when your not logged in (www.halorank.com):

All the code was written in Notepad++ and with the use of the image I was able to slowly build it up. I kinda see CSS as the game Tetris, you just need to make all the blocks fit in line to get the maximum score.

sanni

cake <3

Posted: Aug 11, 2011 04:25 AM    Msg. 41 of 104       
Any news on this?

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 11, 2011 06:33 AM    Msg. 42 of 104       
Yes there is!
Quite a few things have been added since the last comment.
You can now view the website in the color you like a simple drop down menu will change this for you. ( Members only under Settings)

Daily and Weekly Challenges are in place (http://www.halorank.com/challenges.php).
When your logged in as a player you can see your progress. The end time of these challenges are UTC, in other words (+0 timezone)

An overall score leaderboards is in place.
I should still expand this a bit to daily and weekly, even though this is all in place it's just not being showed on the website. http://www.halorank.com/leaderboards.php

A problem resolver has been added, basically this is the place to go to retrieve account details, request new activation links and solve some other problems.

On the main log-in page a few more statistics are displayed, for king, oddball, kills per hour, k/d ratio, k-d spread.

The recent activity now display a correct number based on your last log-in.
The player online script has been updated to show a more accurate number.

Also more statistics are shown on the game pages, including a QUIT tab on any one that left during the game. ( http://www.halorank.com/games.php?game=CE&id=10400 )

Yesterday I removed the WIP Password allowing any one to sign up.
I do want to remind people to read the terms of use so you are aware of a few facts what I do with the data.

Less details are asked on sign-up hopefully lowering the boundary for people to sign up.

Also a new system is in place to link a hash to an account which should be more accurate and pirate free!

So let me give a bit more insight on this pirate free part, basically the server app still allow for pirates to join however on the website they are listed as pirates and can not be tracked due to the system using the hash to identify the player.

That's basically it for now still lots to improve and do, but I think it's a good start and will keep people entertained for a while.

The server app is still being kept private for now until it contains all the elements needed that HaloRank.com wants to offer. ( I want to avoid rolling out 15 updates on the app every time a small new feature is added. )

As for server you can play on for now:

HaloCE v1.09
---------------------
Fakeworld
Raceworld
Smallworld
Sunburner
Matt's PowerWorld!
3v3 Custom Map CTF - www.HaloRank.com

HaloPC v1.09
----------------
HaloRank.com 2v2 Server

Edited by Sean Aero on Aug 11, 2011 at 06:40 AM

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 11, 2011 07:30 AM    Msg. 43 of 104       
Will you put a system in place to stop aimbots? For example, you could save camera feeds through sightjacking and have moderators check through them.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Aug 11, 2011 08:16 AM    Msg. 44 of 104       
This would really come in handy for dedi's

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 11, 2011 08:37 AM    Msg. 45 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Will you put a system in place to stop aimbots? For example, you could save camera feeds through sightjacking and have moderators check through them.

No I will not, my goal with this website is to have a solid statistics tracker for HaloPC/CE.
That eventually approaches that of the Xbox360 games.

Fighting aimbots, cheat, hacks and such is a whole different ball game and something that I at this point will not attempt. There is an app in the making (not by me) that aims to tackle these problems much more efficiently, but it's for the author himself to decide to bring it to the public.
It's also in my believe that the only efficient bans are those of non-pirates, the rest is mainly useless.

deadlyfighter1000

Constantly a threat.

Posted: Aug 11, 2011 07:29 PM    Msg. 46 of 104       
This is amazing, props to you for creating this awesome site. I can't wait to see what you will add and improve on. Only hope is for more servers on HaloRank.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 08:52 AM    Msg. 47 of 104       
Thanks, currently 62 gamers have signed up. More server will pop-up when the app is released.

A new system has been installed on HaloRank.
This system allows HaloRank to do 2 things.
This first is linking any legit hash key to a registered account with 99.9% accuracy, it's easier, faster and nearly error free.
The second is excluding pirate hashes to be used to sign up at HaloRank.
This might seem a bit harsh, however there is no other way to keep this system as legal and accurate as possible.

So are pirates completely doomed?
No not completely, we will offer a solution soon.
Starting somewhere next week HaloRank will start selling CD-keys fresh out of a sealed box for a reasonable price.
HaloRank hopes that all the additional features that it will offer will even pursue the oldest pirates to buy a legit key.
So there is a way out for a fairly reasonable price. More details on this later.

So back to the freshly installed system.
Unfortunate with the installation of this system HaloRank was forced to unlink all current accounts from their hash.
This to verify all current linked hashes to see if some sneaky pirates made it into the system.
(We know your out there! ARGGG, Matey!)
Meaning that the system currently does not know what hash belongs to your accounts and thus is not able to track you.

In order to resolve this problem we would like to request you to do the following 2 step process.
1. Sign in to your HaloRank account at www.HaloRank.com
2. Join one of the servers listed below, no more than a 60 seconds join is required to complete this process.

Once you've completed these 2 steps your good to go and rank up until your heart is content.
Perhaps try some daily or even a weekly challenge for some additional cR bonus? (http://www.halorank.com/challenges.php)
That is if your not a pirate, since you'll be walking the plank!

As of yesterday the WIP password has been removed and HaloRank can be joined by any halo player.
So feel free to share the website with your Halo friends, forums and news feeds and see what they think about the progress so far.

All with all we hope to see you soon at www.HaloRank.com !

GoldeNTacO

Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 10:43 AM    Msg. 48 of 104       
Don't know if this is already known, but this error message shows up under my avatar:
Quote: Warning: Division by zero in /home/halorank/public_html/website/main/left_column.php on line 165

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:06 AM    Msg. 49 of 104       
Sorry about that :/
That's what I got for being too excited about adding kills per hour stats.
Please confirm if it has been fixed.

GoldeNTacO

Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 01:39 PM    Msg. 50 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Sorry about that :/
That's what I got for being too excited about adding kills per hour stats.
Please confirm if it has been fixed.
It's fixed now.

Jaz

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 05:17 PM    Msg. 51 of 104       
I can't find any servers that actually exist or aren't locked.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 05:52 PM    Msg. 52 of 104       
HaloCE v1.09
--------------------------------------------------------------------
® Smallworld 24/7 - RealworldCE.com - 95.211.79.98:2304
® Raceworld - [RULES: RealworldCE.com] - 95.211.79.97:2306 (custom maps)
! Matt® PowerWorld! - 212.187.209.233:2302
3v3 Custom Map CTF - www.HaloRank.com - 95.211.120.168:2314 (custom maps) (mappack 65MB 5 maps: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19720044/Halo/3v3%20HaloRank%20Server%20-%20MapPack.zip ) RTV command can be used for scrims.
{L°E°} www.leclan.de :: We love Halo CE - 95.211.120.168:2306

HaloPC v1.09
--------------------------------------------
HaloRank.com 2v2 Server - 95.211.120.168:2316

Another suggestion I can give is have a look at the "Online" tab.http://halorank.com/online.php to see what servers are currently being played on there is also a server IP address listed there.

As for all our Pirate friends that have signed up ( 10 pirates atm )
I started selling Halo product keys from sealed halo boxes since they have been taken out of stock at most web stores.
I opened one box to keep for myself used the key, they are legit, work and can be installed with any language version of HaloPC/CE. If you want more info on this feel free to PM me or contact me on xfire: seanaero
http://halorank.com/buy.php

On a side note 69 members have signed up so far.

Jaz

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 05:55 PM    Msg. 53 of 104       
HaloCE v1.09
--------------------------------------------------------------------
® Smallworld 24/7 - RealworldCE.com - 95.211.79.98:2304
® Raceworld - [RULES: RealworldCE.com] - 95.211.79.97:2306 (custom maps)
! Matt® PowerWorld! - 212.187.209.233:2302
3v3 Custom Map CTF - www.HaloRank.com - 95.211.120.168:2314 (custom maps) (mappack 65MB 5 maps: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19720044/Halo/3v3%20HaloRank%20Server%20-%20MapPack.zip ) RTV command can be used for scrims.
{L°E°} www.leclan.de :: We love Halo CE - 95.211.120.168:2306

HaloPC v1.09
--------------------------------------------
HaloRank.com 2v2 Server - 95.211.120.168:2316

Another suggestion I can give is have a look at the "Online" tab.http://halorank.com/online.php to see what servers are currently being played on there is also a server IP address listed there.

As for all our Pirate friends that have signed up ( 10 pirates atm )
I started selling Halo product keys from sealed halo boxes since they have been taken out of stock at most web stores.
I opened one box to keep for myself used the key, they are legit, work and can be installed with any language version of HaloPC/CE. If you want more info on this feel free to PM me or contact me on xfire: seanaero
http://halorank.com/buy.php

On a side note 69 members have signed up so far.

k. Btw can you check that I've started being tracked? It says I have 7 kills but I haven't joined either of the two servers yet to start tracking. And I don't think I've played any of the other supported servers since I made my account either. o.O

EDIT: Oh, I think it started tracking me from the server I didn't have the map for. Still dunno why it thinks I have 7 kills though.
Edited by Jaz on Aug 13, 2011 at 05:57 PM

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 06:21 PM    Msg. 54 of 104       
Check the Quit tab.
http://halorank.com/games.php?game=CE&id=9695

There are you 7 kills ;)
Scores are being tracked even when people are not signed up yet.

EDIT: I believe you can click the map images on the right to see your last games?
Edited by Sean Aero on Aug 13, 2011 at 06:27 PM

Jaz

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 06:25 PM    Msg. 55 of 104       
Check the Quit tab.
http://halorank.com/games.php?game=CE&id=9695

There are you 7 kills ;)
Scores are being tracked even when people are not signed up yet.

Ah okay. I'm not actually on that game's player list, but I guess I must have been on a different game sometime before the last refresh. :)

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 04:06 PM    Msg. 56 of 104       
I'm sure its you on the Quit tab under the game info. Look at the date.

I would like to make one more remark regarding people that sign up and are told that they are pirate.

If you are in possession of a legitimate cd key and you would still like to have your cd key linked to your account. You should contact me and I'll help you resolve the issue.

I strongly suggest people stop using the halo portable version. It prevents you from easily linking your hash to your account. Unless you know how to successfully handle the register of your pc. Thanks for all the sign up so far (70+ members atm) as well for the positive comments on Xfire. There is still much to be done, but I hope you can enjoy every step on the way.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 08:24 PM    Msg. 57 of 104       
are you planing on adding the Realworld server to? Cause thats my favorite :D

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 15, 2011 01:37 PM    Msg. 58 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
are you planing on adding the Realworld server to? Cause thats my favorite :D

That's really up to Harbinger and Dwight from www.realworldce.com.
They can install the app on all their server but it's really up to them.
I really wouldn't mind, we just have a few security issues to patch up before releasing stats to the community.

PS. 85 members atm :)
Edited by Sean Aero on Aug 15, 2011 at 01:48 PM

vmt

Posted: Aug 15, 2011 11:21 PM    Msg. 59 of 104       
It doesn't look noobish, it looks better than the site we are currently on lol

and dont listen to SEL your site looks awesome i would rather go to yours then that other boring one he posted any day. I love the spartans on the side how they are faded and stuff.
Edited by vmt on Aug 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM

ethreepoh

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 11:46 PM    Msg. 60 of 104       
So yeah... Why are you using a app on the server machine instead of just querying the servers ip address and grabbing the information via tcp from your web server.

It would make much more since if all people had to do is input their server ip into your ranking system and your server would automatically grab the information periodically and store it.

Having a application that has to run on the game server machine seems like a bad idea when halorank can just grab all the information via TCP.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 04:57 AM    Msg. 61 of 104       
If it was that easy then you would indeed be right that its a bad idea to make a server app.
After all any thing we build could interfere with the performance of the server.

However with a server query you will only be able to grab scores, team, ping and name from the players table.
Kills, Deaths, Assists and such are not send with the query.
If this was the case, I'm sure gametrackers or any other game query website would have been tracking this a long time ago.

This is a typical server query of players info, as you can see quite limited:

Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[num_players] => 14
[players] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[player] => SeanAero
[score] => 46
[ping] =>
[team] => 2
)

The app is also used the verify a few other things, which a standard halo server just doesn't do.

Mystery

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 11:37 AM    Msg. 62 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: ethreepoh
So yeah... Why are you using a app on the server machine instead of just querying the servers ip address and grabbing the information via tcp from your web server.

It would make much more since if all people had to do is input their server ip into your ranking system and your server would automatically grab the information periodically and store it.

Having a application that has to run on the game server machine seems like a bad idea when halorank can just grab all the information via TCP.

It's UDP, not TCP. Even so, the information you can get by querying the server is extremely limited. If it was as simple as you say, you wouldn't need applications like HAC or Gandanur to get detailed statistics from a server and somebody would have done it a long time ago (perhaps made a good job of it too).

HaloRank is fortunate that it can take advantage of Gandanur, an app that server admins might decide to run anyway. It's not as if it's an entirely standalone application or that it doesn't serve other purposes.
Edited by Mystery on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 12:16 PM    Msg. 63 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mystery
HaloRank is fortunate that it can take advantage of Gandanur, an app that server admins might decide to run anyway. It's not as if it's an entirely standalone application or that it doesn't serve other purposes.
Edited by Mystery on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Bingo! You're a winner!
Hence I did not go into creating my own server app, but approached the developer of one of the most promising server apps, at that time, to collaborate into building the foundation for a system like HaloRank.

I truly believe with our small Halo community, competition between Applications is miss placed and should always be followed by a collaboration towards a common goal instead.
Of course if both parties show enough skill and class.
Edited by Sean Aero on Aug 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 12:51 PM    Msg. 64 of 104       
Does these mean you are not just parsing the game logs for the information?

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 02:28 PM    Msg. 65 of 104       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Does these mean you are not just parsing the game logs for the information?

That is correct, instead we hook into the haloceded.exe to get the information we want and are thus able to provide more accurate and more in depth statistics.

Currently HaloRank only displays scores, kills, assists and deaths.
You might be wondering why the collection of statistics is currently so limited.

Previous announced statistics projects seemed much more promising on their large collection of statistics and I totally agree. I was personally nearly drooling on my keyboard when I saw the promises some of these projects made. Many of the features were things we all have longed for with the release of newer versions of the game.
However I ask you this, where are those projects now?

I believe most projects have "died/boxed/shelved" due to being overambitious.

(This statement is nothing personal towards any of the programmers of previous projects, most of these are people I talk to and ask questions/advice to, it's just a conclusion I have drawn based on reading forums, asking question and unfortunate personal experience.)

Thus Goemitar/Omega and I have decided stick to basics statistics for the first release.
In my opinion it is best to build a strong foundation first that is stable, secure, performance optimized and bug free before building all kinds of fancy features on top of it.
A strong foundation leads to great and stable expansions.

So our main focus for this first public release is performance and stability and not a huge collection of statistics. Once the community has confirmed that the foundation is solid we move on to the next round of adding statistics. This process will continue until either Goemitar or I get tired of working on this. When that point arrives we still have a nice and solid statistics system up and running.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 02:35 PM    Msg. 66 of 104       
Please keep this going, it's a good addition to HCE.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 04:22 PM    Msg. 67 of 104       
Sure will do. I'm far from done!

Today is a good day for me since I've just sold the first cd-key to I believe and admin of modacity (orange/yellowish color profile name). I hope he'll post his experience somewhere so most of you get a better impression this extra service.

As for the website, I've updated the banners that are rotating, hopefully giving a better first impression on how easy HaloRank is to use as well as what it currently offers.

The daily and weekly achievements have finally been fixed. Got a bit fed up with the script failing over and over again. Eventually I found the right method and it now runs smooth.

I would like to point out that the overall statistics including the points towards the challenges are updated every 30 minutes. So don't go beserk when it doesn't show your progress right away. I hope to cut this 30 minutes time down soon to let's say every minute or so.
(old script needs revision)

Other then this, I'll probably take a small break soon, just to step back and have a good go at designing the website (offline). I believe a lot things could be better placed or displayed in a different matter.

I would like to thank the current 108 members that have signed up so far. Your sign ups have give me the motivation to make this system a true keeper.

Just one more note, don't share your cd-key with your friends this will eventually lead to your legit key being banned from the system. (Yes, it has happened)

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 03:27 AM    Msg. 68 of 104       
i think your website looks spot on tbh,i haven't tried this yet but i will try it later today.

edit: my spelling has gone crazy today
Edited by ally on Aug 25, 2011 at 03:28 AM

Jaz

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 05:54 AM    Msg. 69 of 104       
Turns out that cd key buying page could be very helpful. Added a link to it on my clan as there's a rule stating that nobody can get past the rank of corporal with a pirated copy of Halo. ;)

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 09:35 PM    Msg. 70 of 104       
Sweet but I wouldn't share the link around here to much Dennis is not too fond of it.

Any how, there is news.
Gandanur v11.9.0 ( http://www.gandanur.com/2011/10/gandanur-v1190.html ) has been released with a few new features and a huge performance boost, within this version of Gandanur HaloRank tracking is offered.

So from today onward anyone who's running v11.9.0 of this app can have their server tracked by HaloRank.com if they wish to do so.

The site is far from ready but the basic feeling is there for anyone interested to see their game in a different light.

For information on how to get HaloRank enabled on your HaloPC or HaloCE server I would like to refer you first to the Gandanur manual.
http://manual.gandanur.com/index.php/Stats_(HaloRank)

Any questions after that you can freely ask here.

Enjoy!

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed August 21, 2019 7:43 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website