A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Suck Framerate

Author Topic: Suck Framerate (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 07:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Wow, I was playing online on Lockout with like 12 people. The Internet lag wasn't that bad, but my framerate was horrible. Yeah, there are a lot of snowy particles and stuff on Lockout, but you would think that my Dual-Core Processor would be able to handle Halo 2, a 7 year old game quite well. I have all of the settings to low. (Not that there are very many to tweak). I set down the settings of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 to all low, and my computer ran it excellently.

Halo 2- 2004

COD6- 2009

Can I fix this in any way, shape, or form? I think running the program on High Priority should do the job, but I don't want to have to open Halo 2, and minimize it every time to set it to high priority.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:48 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Your graphic card plays a lot into Halo 2. Remember, Halo 2 was designed for Windows Vista, which uses the graphics card above the cpu for graphics drawing processing. Call of Duty games, generally are designed to utilize cpu time above the graphics card. Not saying the card doesnt help, but the game is optimized better for cpu usage. halo 2's design for resource handling was crap...plain and simple.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri September 20, 2019 7:37 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website