A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Completed Halo 3 Brute Chopper for Halo CE

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Completed Halo 3 Brute Chopper for Halo CE (51 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 05:32 AM    Msg. 1 of 51       
Completed Halo 3 Brute Chopper for Halo CE

Increased speed to match Xbox feel
Added firing sounds
Kept the reticle - its better than others
Added booster flames
Added Speed flame light volumes, and anitgravity light
Added/relocated headlight
Decreased firing radius to 30 degrees
Decreased screen steering from 90 to 45 (it's awesome)

Will be released in upcoming map Mongoose Swamp - very soon, and will be released with my Player model animation.

- Removed: the ability to throw grenades while driving, which affects the mongoose as well : ( Look for it on Halomaps.org

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAoI4NxsaNg

UPDATE 6-4-2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyeuR7X6zOY

Improved firing sounds, lessened engine sounds, working on boost and effects. Attempting to orient boost in the direction of travel - meh. The reason why boost works on hover vehicles, is there is no friction in the physics - so I may end up with boost effects, without the boost.

Update 6/5/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu68LadjoIw

Halo 3 Brute Chopper - Finally Complete (I think)

After 40 versions of firing sounds, about 8 versions of engines, and multiple versions of particle boost effects - yeah, I think I am done.

Since this is NOT a hover vehicle, boosting will not work in Halo CE for ground/friction vehicles. Although I did acceleration particle effects and light volumes, and completed a flaming boost - the boost effect/speed - will not be in the final release although it's shown in the video.

I did change the camera location slightly lower, made it even faster (now slightly faster than a hog) - set a different acceleration and blur speed, and added headlight running lights.

I will clean up the tag orginization so as to not overwrite any other tags/effects.

Thanks for the feedback so far. If you have suggestions, I am open to them - even though I think I am done (I thought I was done before - but I agree the sounds needed improvement)

UPDATE late 6/5/2011

Re-made the engine sounds, and enter/exit. Tested maneuvering and firing on Teletubbies (Cuz they deserve it). I am satisfied. Advancebo: was this your model, or is it ripped? (I would like to properly credit for the model).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMA-1f_X5c0

UPDATE 8/8/2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ9EsVzBVXs

- Reduced firing rate: 3.2516
- lower engine volume
- firing sound balanced
- removed contrail

How about it?
Edited by Slap Happy on Aug 8, 2011 at 09:59 PM

Etrusion

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 06:23 AM    Msg. 2 of 51       
Very nicely made! Haven't seen a Brute Chopper attempted in a while. Once again, very nice work. Can't wait to play the map ^^

Reaper 201

Rezurrected to Kill

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:00 AM    Msg. 3 of 51       
Is it destructible?

Advancebo

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 12:28 PM    Msg. 4 of 51       
Make the flames change intensity based on the speed of the chopper, using the functions. Like on the longsword or pelican.

Switchblade

"Do you believe my threat is ended with my death?"

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 51       
Can you please change the running sound as well; we all love the warthog engine noise but too many vehicles have used it already. (perhaps the tank's diesel-like engine noise slightly modifyed, or a custom sound?)

milkkookie

:)

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 06:10 PM    Msg. 6 of 51       

Edited by milkkookie on Jun 2, 2011 at 06:15 PM

Slap Happy

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:01 PM    Msg. 7 of 51       
Yes, I agree - I will make a custom engine - but if it's not done to perfect pitch stepping for variations in speed, it will suck royally.

Does anyone have a specific type of sound, or does anyone have the actual Chopper sounds? (without ANY ambient noise, firing, friction, etc) ?? if so - please pm me or post a DL link here.

I am pretty good - though not excellent at sounds. So if you have the actual engine or actual firing noise, please post a DL link (no - don't post a video - all of them suck in quality, and normally contain other mixed in sounds). OR - be a lot more descriptive in the type of firing noise, such as "whoosh" or guntype, or "thumpwhooshhhhh." (my son is out of town and took the xbox, lol)

While I do want to mimic the Xbox feel - I also want it custom, for example the actual reticle sucks and looks blocky, so I will use mine.

I agree on the flames Bo - and I am tempted to add a bit too much. VroomWHOOOSH

Spartan_094

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:28 PM    Msg. 8 of 51       
Vroom, vroooom, vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Never thought a chopper could get to be that good in CE. Good job and fix those problems people already pointed out!

Advancebo

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 11:35 PM    Msg. 9 of 51       
That airboat or whatever from Garrys Mod has engine sounds that I think would be perfect for a chopper.

Ubergoober

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 11:41 PM    Msg. 10 of 51       
thats a fantastic looking chopper. i agree, definitely needs a different engine and shooting noise. i cant wait to use this in game, looks awesome.
slappys/jesse's missle-pod shooting noise might suit the choppers gun. its obviously not the same as the xbox but it might suit.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 03:45 PM    Msg. 11 of 51       
The sounds are mine, the rest of the missile pod is jesse's.
But they're missile pod sounds. But if you really thought so...

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 05:12 PM    Msg. 12 of 51       
I stopped the video 10 seconds in because the firing sound was so horrible, can't you ask mangenkyo for the sounds for the chopper he was working on awhile back?

Slap Happy

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 06:14 AM    Msg. 13 of 51       
Updated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyeuR7X6zOY

Improved firing sounds, lessened engine sounds, working on boost and effects. Attempting to orient boost in the direction of travel - meh. The reason why boost works on hover vehicles, is there is no friction in the physics - so I may end up with boost effects, without the boost.

Delicon20

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 09:27 AM    Msg. 14 of 51       
firing sounds still suck pretty bad, no offense

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 10:10 AM    Msg. 15 of 51       
Then how about giving some advice?
I think the sound needs:
-Fade out at the end
-Three different permutations (just change the pitch a bit for each)
-To be compiled properly, or at least less volume. Sounds that aren't specified as the right kind of sound tag when you compile tend to turn out loud and dry and stuff. Try recompiling the sound tag to overwrite a copy-pasted stock sound tag (like ghost firing).

Delicon20

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 12:44 PM    Msg. 16 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Then how about giving some advice?
I think the sound needs:
-Fade out at the end
-Three different permutations (just change the pitch a bit for each)
-To be compiled properly, or at least less volume. Sounds that aren't specified as the right kind of sound tag when you compile tend to turn out loud and dry and stuff. Try recompiling the sound tag to overwrite a copy-pasted stock sound tag (like ghost firing).

you didn't see the whole, try to contact mangenkyo and see if you can get his sound tags post from earlier?

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 01:08 PM    Msg. 17 of 51       
Well, I just wasn't sure if you were hatin' or helping. It's cool.
But mangenkyo left halo. Nobody else really has his wips...

Delicon20

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 02:11 PM    Msg. 18 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Well, I just wasn't sure if you were hatin' or helping. It's cool.
But mangenkyo left halo. Nobody else really has his wips...

not even sphinxbio?

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 03:53 PM    Msg. 19 of 51       
Nah. Last I heard, mangenkyo was supposed to give someone his tags, but that didn't happen and the guy was upset about the h3ui project.

Sgt_Johnson

Don't shake the lightbulb!

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 06:24 PM    Msg. 20 of 51       
Here's some Chopper sound effects http://www.mediafire.com/?vjev2938yt6m5ap
They're mp3's so you have to convert them to sound tags first.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 09:40 PM    Msg. 21 of 51       
What about just giving it spiker firing sounds? Doesn't it fire spiker rounds?
Also, is the player meant to be that small in the vehicle?
Edited by IcePhoenix on Jun 4, 2011 at 09:41 PM

Slap Happy

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 03:06 AM    Msg. 22 of 51       
Update 6/5/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu68LadjoIw

Halo 3 Brute Chopper - Finally Complete (I think)

After 40 versions of firing sounds, about 8 versions of engines, and multiple versions of particle boost effects - yeah, I think I am done.

Since this is NOT a hover vehicle, boosting will not work in Halo CE for ground/friction vehicles. Although I did acceleration particle effects and light volumes, and completed a flaming boost - the boost effect/speed - will not be in the final release although it's shown in the video.

I did change the camera location slightly lower, made it even faster (now slightly faster than a hog) - set a different acceleration and blur speed, and added headlight running lights.

I will clean up the tag orginization so as to not overwrite any other tags/effects.

Thanks for the feedback so far. If you have suggestions, I am open to them - even though I think I am done.

Note: I will check out the sounds posted, if they are from a certain site I visited (hope not) then it's crap.

Edit: the sounds are cleaner than the ones I had (had background, and other sounds mixed) - I will see what I can do. (thanks)
Edited by Slap Happy on Jun 5, 2011 at 03:14 AM

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 11:51 AM    Msg. 23 of 51       
http://soundfxcenter.com/sound_effect/search.php?sfx=Chopper

look sounds some not so good
Edited by spiral on Jun 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 12:55 PM    Msg. 24 of 51       
It's really cool so far Slap Happy, but I think you need to add a damage_effect to its grill so that whenever it hits another object (IE player, vehicle, etc) then the object (if it has physics) will be thrown out of the way (so to speak) when hit by the Chopper. That way it won't flip when hitting other vehicles, but exactly the opposite. Just a suggestion though. If you want to know of vehicles that do this, CMT has a lot of their do it later on in the lifetime of the Custom Mapping Team.

new101

All for one and one for all

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 03:59 PM    Msg. 25 of 51       
Looks good. One question though, did the chopper fire both cannons at the same time?
Edited by new101 on Jun 5, 2011 at 03:59 PM

Slap Happy

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 01:24 AM    Msg. 26 of 51       
Re-made the engine sounds, and enter/exit. Tested maneuvering and firing on Teletubbies (Cuz they deserve it). I am satisfied. Advancebo: was this your model, or is it ripped? (I would like to properly credit for the model).

and yes, it fires from both guns at the same time

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:18 AM    Msg. 27 of 51       
omg, you have finished it!
It looks great. Good job Slap Happy!

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 04:25 AM    Msg. 28 of 51       
SLAPPPYYYYYY!!!! I have some MP3's of the Chopper sounds if you are still interested in messing with them o.o

http://www.bobble.tucker933.com/chopper.rar

Ubergoober

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 04:47 AM    Msg. 29 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy

I think thats great slaphappy, the engine and firing noises are fine :) as good as ur gonna get without using the exact xbox sounds, good work, cant wait to see this in game.
still gonna go for boost? im not a huge fan of boost, usually just makes the vehicles lose control and you usually would have gotten to ur destination quicker if u just went normal speed, unless ur on some massive open map like coldsnap.

Switchblade

"Do you believe my threat is ended with my death?"

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 11:23 AM    Msg. 30 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy

Did i really just see you try running over teletubbys and them not die? (whats with that?)

Other than that it looks great (seems to handle like a plate full of jello but all well i guess XD), can't wait to play bumper cars with this thing.

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 08:02 PM    Msg. 31 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
SLAPPPYYYYYY!!!! I have some MP3's of the Chopper sounds if you are still interested in messing with them o.o

http://www.bobble.tucker933.com/chopper.rar

I hope this is used

Slap Happy

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 01:28 AM    Msg. 32 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: spiral

http://soundfxcenter.com/sound_effect/search.php?sfx=Chopper

look sounds some not so good
Edited by spiral on Jun 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM

These are the exact same sounds that Sgt Johnson posted. For now, I will use mine until/unless there is some better sound sampling. For example, listen to the gun. It has both the ambient background noise, and the engine noise mixed in among multiple rapid fires, hence, even after an hour of filtering - the gun is still a rapid fire. The engine sound also has background noise.

Moral of the story: garbage in = garbage out. When I sampled the sound from xbox, it has both the "phwing" similar to the plasma rifle, and a "ching" sound similar to the spikers impact - similar to a sword fight. This does not equal "schwing" which is what I was going for (pun intended) but the xbox sounds like a "ka-schwing" - and in rapid fire it sounds like "ka-shing-ka-ka-shing when examined in both Adobe Soundbooth, and Goldwave.

The engine and enter/exit sounds are all taken from the same sample I made, with exponential fade in/out, and then mechanized then amplified and volume shaped. Reproducing solely from sampling (not being an experienced sound tech/mixer to create my own) the firing noise is as close as I can get it, and the engine is 100% custom - but similar. The engine has 2 sounds that alternate, 4 in all; enter, loop 1, alternate loop, exit. a total of 9 permutations that all match in frequency, and tone. Then tagging is what allows variations of pitch, volume and dynamics (direction, doppler) of each permutation.

I have dowloaded every ground vehicle, and there seems to be a reason why there are only 4 hog variations, 2 ghosts and 3 wraiths (public) - not alot of variety, why? because it's very difficult. Add to that I am 60% deaf (can you tell? lol) so I edit at full volume. I think I did okay, but I admit there is room for improvement.

YES - you did see me bouncing some Teletubbies, I used a modified global tag for vehicle_collision.damage effect - meh, don't like it - but it was fun for the video.

BTW: good sound variety sites with GNU public license: http://www.freesound.org/

Thanks for the feedback

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 04:33 PM    Msg. 33 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Bump, because slap happy told me to :D (he cant doublepost)

double bump ._.
Can't wait to see whatevers going to happen

Slap Happy

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 09:07 PM    Msg. 34 of 51       
Thank you both . . .

Halo 3 Brute Chopper - Improvements:

- projectile Impact explosion & contrail
- material effects on earth, explosions on metal & units only
- enabled elite driver (CMT elite, added IK points)
- muzzle flash
- custom engine (yes, again)
- Mangenkyos gun sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJ6lmqjnkg

On 2ns watch of the vid, it seems too loud (I'm hard of hearing, so I cannot gauge volume well)

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 09:48 PM    Msg. 35 of 51       
Two things:
-The Projectile should not reflect off of anything.
-Decrease the firing rate.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 5:06 AM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website