A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The new HRCEMT Reach: CE thread

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: The new HRCEMT Reach: CE thread (134 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Petera275

Some things just don't work...

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 06:42 AM    Msg. 1 of 134       
Yeah, sup all. Seeing as the old thread was mainly planning and arguments, which I'm sure isn't very interesting to read, especially with 38 pages of it, I've decided to create a new one. This is for HRCEMT Reach stuff only. The Halo 3 sequel project is currently just me and a group of volunteer voice actors, not specifically HRCEMT work.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 07:15 AM    Msg. 2 of 134       
What makes you think this will be different? Also, what does the tag stand for by the way? It's too long, be more original with the name, it doesn't have to say Reach in, in order to create Reach content. It looks ammaturish, lol.

Update your first post will images too when you have some, i.e. assets and bsp's. Keep it organised, and don't FLOOD it with images. If there are too many images for one object use URL's instead on some of them.

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 07:39 AM    Msg. 3 of 134       
Okeydokey. Thanks. I guess HRCEMT could be shortened to RBM - Reach - based maps - rather than HRCEMT - Halo Reach Custom Edition Mapping Team. I was thinking of RIM - Reach - Inspired Maps, but that sounds like rim- job.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 07:52 AM    Msg. 4 of 134       
You want something easy to remember, such as RIM as it makes a word rather than letters like RBM.

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:28 AM    Msg. 5 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
How about just TEAM: Truely Epic Amazing Maps
Dibs. Fantastic "TEAM" name is fantastic.

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:42 AM    Msg. 6 of 134       
I call next-in-line dibs if Amazingcuziam doesn't use it. XD

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:46 AM    Msg. 7 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: Petera275
I am now, officially in a "one-man" team, called "TEAM". "Yoink!"

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:53 AM    Msg. 8 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: Amazingcuziam

Dammit. :-P

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 11:04 AM    Msg. 9 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: Amazingcuziam

Dammit. :-P
Its better than my old team, "TCMT" is what i think it decided upon (standing for, "The Crimson Mapping Team"). It was just me and a few friends, all of whom lost their computers (in varying ways). Now, back on-topic, any work to show...?

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 11:11 AM    Msg. 10 of 134       
I thought we were done with this.

Quote: Petera said this in the last thread:
I have decided to revert the projects to http://reachcustomedition.webs.com/ instead.

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 11:33 AM    Msg. 11 of 134       
You complaining? I made an amendment saying that I would work on my website, but only discontinue on the old thread, continuing on another thread. If you'd be happy to be done with this, so be it. Naff off. Ignore the thread.

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:03 PM    Msg. 12 of 134       
What does HRCEMT actually stand for? And why did you make a new thread? So we could waste MORE space on Dennis's server?

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:08 PM    Msg. 13 of 134       
HRCEMT stands for Halo Reach Custom Edition Mapping Team.

I made a new thread because the original one was both long and with little progress, mainly arguments. Just like most of halomaps. This thread symbolises a fresh start from what I admit was a disaster before, partly because of my failiures. Also, being honest, Dennis can delete whatever he wants. There's no lack of space on the site, for the love of God. Dennis enjoys it. He made this site for the benefit of others, it's public domain. And let's be honest - text and pictures really don't take up that much memory.

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:10 PM    Msg. 14 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
What does HRCEMT actually stand for? And why did you make a new thread? So we could waste MORE space on Dennis's server?

Halo Reach Custom Edition Mapping Team - For people who cant do anything but use CMT's tag set!

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:14 PM    Msg. 15 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sceny

Halo Reach Custom Edition Mapping Team - For people who cant do anything but use CMT's tag set!
Uhh, in case you didn't read the previous thread, HRCEMT is planning on MAKING their own custom content, but are currently using CMT's as placeholders for the time being.

The Cereal Killer

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:15 PM    Msg. 16 of 134       
You complaining? I made an amendment saying that I would work on my website, but only discontinue on the old thread, continuing on another thread. If you'd be happy to be done with this, so be it. Naff off. Ignore the thread.

I am indeed complaining, quite perceptive of you to notice. It deeply disturbs me that one could make a thread in which nothing was accomplished over a span of about 30 pages and 7 months, then turn around and make a new thread with an identical premise. I will not "naff off," for the simple reason that it is impossible to perform a task whose definition does not exist. The variant of English you must be using is perplexing, and I find it odd to say the least.

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:19 PM    Msg. 17 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Cereal Killer

I am indeed complaining, quite perceptive of you to notice. It deeply disturbs me that one could make a thread in which nothing was accomplished over a span of about 30 pages and 7 months, then turn around and make a new thread with an identical premise. I will not "naff off," for the simple reason that it is impossible to perform a task whose definition does not exist. The variant of English you must be using is perplexing, and I find it odd to say the least.

I believe what he is trying to do is make a thread that won't get trolled. Which I personally would define as stupid. Considering that is what happen's to just about any team's thread. It's pretty hopeless of him to do so, of course, especially without any custom content.

And you really should have a new name. HRCEMT is too long and just weird sounding. And team's that end in "MT" in general aren't that great. Who all is even on the team?
Edited by Skidrow925 on Jun 2, 2011 at 02:21 PM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:24 PM    Msg. 18 of 134       
I believe it would of been best if you waited until you had some big progress chunk to display, because making a thread to talk about a group, which as far as well all know (from the last thread) is just a troll fest... this is sorta what you would expect to happen. Because all this has lead me to believe that your teams specialty is not making maps or doing things, it is being troll bait... Make some progress first, and try again.

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:45 PM    Msg. 19 of 134       
That's it. Is there one freaking thread without idiots arguing? I suggest you be prepared for an encounter with Dennis. This is getting ridiculous.

Despite this, I am glad that you admit that you are disturbed, Cereal Killer. It shows how narrow minded and truly lonely you are behind that computer screen. You state the obvious, you fail your own points. I made this thread for the apparent conclusions you have given above, so that we actually do more than minor progress, concept art, scripting ideas, scenario suggestions and general planning, not to mention the numerous team roster changes. You people are crazy. You really don't get it, do you? I am glad that you mentioned I was perceptive but not you, for it is abundantly clear that the variant of any form of human language you use is clearly so different to that of the average person that you do not understand the British variant of the English language.

Let me rephrase my intentions in full, so that everybody understands. I will write as if a simpleton, so that everyone may understand:

First of all, I would like to make a basic recreation of a few Halo Reach multiplayer/campaign maps. This is nearly done. There is also a near-complete set of resources for a decent tagset.

Secondly, I would like to create a custom space map for multiplayer. This is unrelated to the team, and is a personal endeavour.

Last of all, I would like to create a custom campaign based on the events following that of Halo 3. This is being worked on as above.

If the tasks I wish to fulfil are still too perplexing, I suggest you get a better education. I believe the definition of my words is clear.

I will now repeat, once again, my reasoning. The previous thread was a disaster. I was a disaster and, let's face it, the team was a disaster with the amount of people who lost interest. It is because I have not been dedicated to the project. The aim of creating the old thread was to create a foundation from which I can fulfil the projects listed above, not to provide constant updates. The thread soon strayed and became a bridge for various trolls to hide under.

This new thread is to fulfil the purpose that the old one failed. Please do not let my efforts be in vain. I realise there has been little progress, not just me not showing stuff, but actual little progress behind the scenes. I have been dedicated to thorough planning. Have and always will be. I am not here to fulfil your desires, I am here to create a foundation for my team, a foundation which was previously eroded away by fellow users. Then, I will go about my business, make the maps, and post them on the site. Even if I do it alone, seeing as communication is clearly not a strong point here. This exstensively long post is so that I need not waste my time with any nonsense again. Please, if you do not understand, I advise seeing your doctor.

--------------------------
This is why I did what I did, Kirby.

This thread is not about constant updates and feeding progress. It is a plea for help and criticism to help build upon my foundations, which I can then use to create something to the best of my abilities.

--------------------------

Cereal Killer, you are, as Shakespeare once said, "a blinking idiot".
Edited by Petera275 on Jun 2, 2011 at 02:48 PM

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:54 PM    Msg. 20 of 134       
Who all is even on the team?
I believe that Petera posted that information on the last few pages on the old thread.

As for not getting trolled...well, sad to say, that's a daily occurance within the confines of any (and I literally mean any) forum.

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 02:58 PM    Msg. 21 of 134       

That's it. Is there one freaking thread without idiots arguing? I suggest you be prepared for an encounter with Dennis. This is getting ridiculous.

BLAHBLAHBLAH WALL OF TEXT

Basically if you have ever been here before (Which I ma sure you have) this happens all the time. However.... Hmm...

And at TCK being a "blinking idiot" that apply's to almost everyone here.

kirby_422

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 03:02 PM    Msg. 22 of 134       
This thread is not about constant updates and feeding progress. It is a plea for help and criticism to help build upon my foundations, which I can then use to create something to the best of my abilities.

This is the first time in this thread I've seen the word help (seriously, hit ctrl+f on this page, search help. that message is the first instance) How are people to know that your recruiting, etc, and what you need?... More so, reasons why they feel this team is a solid thing that is going somewhere, and that you have good leadership skills.

Criticism.. Well, seeing as how there is no images of progress here, the only thing they can criticize for you is your very person, and the words you speak, which degrades to trolling... You might want to reword that, or give us something you would like to criticize... (the "foundations" even points to your base as a person... you might want to reword that, because it defiantly is troll bait..)

As I said before, you might want to wait a while until something has happened and people have forgotten, then try again..

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 03:02 PM    Msg. 23 of 134       
Here is the updated Roster for people in HRCEMT and/or FRMT:

Petera275 Basic Modeller, Scripter, Tester, .scenario Creation, Story Creation, Concept Design, Organiser

Cheddars - Ripper, Organizer, Map Tester, Uvw Unwrapping

Hiralis (Private Caboose) - Modder, Tester, Map Populator, Concept design, Weapon Modeller

Maniac1000 - Object Supplier, Supporter

ODST_nick - Weapon Textures

Spartan314 - Weapon Modeller

Sphinxbio - More Tag Supplement, Supporter

JEDI - Tester, Supporter

Rub3n - Tester

Xoronatus Tester, HEK Editing, Voice actor volunteer

Grunt_eater Sapien stuff, Custom concept in-game creation (armour abilities), tag editing/modification in guerilla, beta tester, opened edge fixer, BSP's conversion, animator

Amazingcuziam - Modelling volunteer

Superzilla - Beta testing

Monkeypieman9 - Any help outside that using 3ds Max

doubleodoughnut - Theoretical mapper, textures, fixes, recruitment, beta tester

UBE Chief - Voice actor, beta tester, supplier

---------------------------------------

As soon as this thread stops being a s*** fest, I have an updated bsp design I'd like crit on before I model it.

---------------------------

@kirby The word you'd be looking for is 'patience'. It is often an answer in life. I find my avatar quote philosophically pleasing, too.
Edited by Petera275 on Jun 2, 2011 at 03:04 PM

kirby_422

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 03:15 PM    Msg. 24 of 134       
@kirby The word you'd be looking for is 'patience'. It is often an answer in life. I find my avatar quote philosophically pleasing, too.

I don't get how it applies to me. You make a new thread with no information for anyone to do anything about, and when I try to give you suggestions to prevent the trollfest; you get defensive and finally start telling us the meanings of this thread.. I point out a few flaws in the presentation method for these ideas, and you start telling me to be patient?.. Is it not more of, that you should of been patient until you had a reason to create this thread, with a calm collected first post stating all the purposes?..... I don't see how creating a new thread the day after you give up on the old one, while posting nothing of significance in the new one, is logical in any way or form.

If anyone could understand Petera's logic, could you please explain it to me and everyone else?... cause the way things are going, its seeming pointless to give him anymore suggestions, and I am totally starting to understand why his threads are trollbait.

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 03:23 PM    Msg. 25 of 134       
I was referring to patience in terms of releasing stuff to be criticized. I like to establish the thread's goals before asking them to be fulfilled.

I already explained in the last thread that I had a new bsp design I would release for crit as soon as people stop being bloody idiots arguing on the internet.

kirby, I thank you for your advice. My point is, what you have said has been taken on board, and is or is not already being done for valid, rational reasons. Do you understand my logic? I would've thought my massive post above cleared most things up. Yes, I am defensive. Because on these forums, I cannot get ANYWHERE without explaining every minute detail. Not only this, I have to repeat myself on NUMEROUS occasions! It's bloody ridiculous.

kirby_422

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 03:34 PM    Msg. 26 of 134       
Thank you for your explanation.

Although I still feel it would of been better to of waited a few days till the trolls had died out, and that it would of been best to outline all goals and ideas in the first post, as when people come to threads, the first few posts is what they read to see if they want to continue with the topic.

Good luck.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 03:35 PM    Msg. 27 of 134       
Slappy thinks that you should finish the bsp first out of everything, then worry about a team.

Petera275

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 03:39 PM    Msg. 28 of 134       
My team's already been established now. But yeah, Ima start working on those bsps like my life depends on it now.
Edited by Petera275 on Jun 2, 2011 at 03:40 PM

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 04:01 PM    Msg. 29 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Quote: --- Original message by: Sceny

Uhh, in case you didn't read the previous thread, HRCEMT is planning on MAKING their own custom content, but are currently using CMT's as placeholders for the time being.

Well.. Uhh, a reply that sums up what i said.

Placeholders, eh? Chances are, they're not going to use anything custom, other than tags other people and mapping teams have produced. In the end, we'll be looking at another locked thread.

Karima Narstrom

Galloping along the hilltop rode the Narstrom....

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 04:08 PM    Msg. 30 of 134       

BLAHBLAHBLAH WALL OF TEXT

Basically if you have ever been here before (Which I ma sure you have) this happens all the time. However.... Hmm...

And at TCK being a "blinking idiot" that apply's to almost everyone here.

I am slowly loseing my respect for Petera

The Cereal Killer

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 04:08 PM    Msg. 31 of 134       

Why is that? There is no rule in providing criticism as you requested. With no content provided to criticize, the criticism of a lack of content seems appropriate yet it is one warning you repeatedly fail to heed.

Quote: Despite this, I am glad that you admit that you are disturbed, Cereal Killer. It shows how narrow minded and truly lonely you are behind that computer screen. You state the obvious, you fail your own points. I made this thread for the apparent conclusions you have given above, so that we actually do more than minor progress, concept art, scripting ideas, scenario suggestions and general planning, not to mention the numerous team roster changes. You people are crazy. You really don't get it, do you? I am glad that you mentioned I was perceptive but not you, for it is abundantly clear that the variant of any form of human language you use is clearly so different to that of the average person that you do not understand the British variant of the English language.
Mindless insults, eh? Is that what you've got to offer in defense? If you look closely, you'll notice that I said nothing which personally attacks you, yet you respond with a paragraph of exactly such. If you don't wish for your threads to be trolled, then maybe you should stop doing it to them, as I see no other posts possessing such incendiary qualities as yours. Now about the "trolling" and/or "idiotic arguing" you claim I and others "always do to topics." It isn't trolling, do you know what it really is? It's the criticism you dearly wanted and asked for repeatedly. You gave us no content, so that's what's being criticized - the lack of content! Look at my Red Skull thread - what do you see? The same sort of "idiotic arguing?" No, and that's because of the major difference between that thread and this one - it's based on something. Give people something real to criticize, and they will do so politely. That's exactly what you have not done. Two threads, 40 pages, 7 months... what do we have today? Only this:
Quote: First of all, I would like to make a basic recreation of a few Halo Reach multiplayer/campaign maps. This is nearly done. There is also a near-complete set of resources for a decent tagset.

Secondly, I would like to create a custom space map for multiplayer. This is unrelated to the team, and is a personal endeavour.

Last of all, I would like to create a custom campaign based on the events following that of Halo 3. This is being worked on as above.
which is exactly the same vague ideas that were established last December.

Quote: If the tasks I wish to fulfil are still too perplexing, I suggest you get a better education. I believe the definition of my words is clear.
The tasks are simple as all get-out, what's perplexing is that you have managed to do nothing and make two identical threads about them. But keep hurling those insults, babe, I'm sure Dennis will clearly see in the end that it's me who is doing something wrong by pointing all this out, right?
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Jun 2, 2011 at 04:34 PM

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 04:08 PM    Msg. 32 of 134       

Here is the updated Roster for people in HRCEMT and/or FRMT: Why does one team, need 2 names?
Petera275 Basic Modeller, Scripter, Tester, .scenario Creation, Story Creation, Concept Design, Organiser Sounds like pretty basic stuff, unless you're actually good at it. I'm gonna sit back and wait for the day when you're in the Help section asking for some additional scripting help. Hopefully TCK will notice it and i will gladly ask him not to after you insulted him.
Cheddars - Ripper, Organizer, Map Tester, Uvw Unwrapping
Hiralis (Private Caboose) - Modder, Tester, Map Populator, Concept design, Weapon Modeller He can map? news to me
Maniac1000 - Object Supplier, Supporter Sounds more liking ripping
ODST_nick - Weapon Textures Hi Nick :D
Spartan314 - Weapon Modeller If your a good weapon modeler, join a real team
Sphinxbio - More Tag Supplement, Supporter So you're interested it getting Rips, eh?
Grunt_eater Sapien stuff, Custom concept in-game creation (armour abilities), tag editing/modification in guerilla, beta tester, opened edge fixer, BSP's conversion, animator
Amazingcuziam - Modelling volunteer Why man, why?
Monkeypieman9 - Any help outside that using 3ds Max
doubleodoughnut - Theoretical mapper I just don't know..., textures, fixes, recruitment, beta tester
UBE Chief - Voice actor, beta tester, supplier LOLk

---------------------------------------

As soon as this thread stops being a s*** fest, I have an updated bsp design I'd like crit on before I model it. Even if its a s#*t fest, doesn't mean you cant post it.

---------------------------

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 04:11 PM    Msg. 33 of 134       
this new thread would've been a little more exciting if it came with updates.

Karima Narstrom

Galloping along the hilltop rode the Narstrom....

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 04:13 PM    Msg. 34 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337

Overall it felt rather pointless- to be quite honost.

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 04:23 PM    Msg. 35 of 134       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337

This guy needs some achievements. The overall thread would of been better with more than just words and whats gonna happen. Pictures, evidence or something to show that you're team is actually going to do something other than use others tags.

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 7:34 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website