A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE Remake!

Page 1 of 10 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · Next
Author Topic: Halo CE Remake! (330 messages, Page 1 of 10)
Moderators: Dennis

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 01:24 PM    Msg. 1 of 330       
Well look what's Back

"Official Boxart from Microsoft and 343 studios"

It was just officially announced at E3 on Monday, June 6th. This post contains everything I can find about the game, and will be updated as new content is found. Feel free to link me to any content you want others to see, and I will put it in this post.

Links to content from other websites can be found at the bottom of this post.

Game Information

• The game will be split into two seperate parts, both with their own seperate engines; Single player, running on the Classic Halo CE engine in conjunction with a new graphical engine Running on top of it.

• The Multiplayer, on the other hand, will be based in the Reach engine. This means that assasinations and armor abilities will most likely be present throughout the multiplayer.

• The game will contain some assets from firefight.

Common Topics

• An assination was preformed in the game's trailer, and a player was also seen using the "sprint" armor ability. This is because the game's multiplayer runs on the Reach Engine. (Personally, I dislike this.)

Release info
Halo CE Anniversary Edition will be comming to stores ten years to the day of the original Halo: Combat Evolved on November 15th, 2011. It will Retail for $39.99 US.

Links

Official Website:
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/halo-anniversary-exclusive/7ed1f10f-349c-4c47-a07a-831d12f94d63

An E3 interview with Frank O'conner, Development director of Halo, about the Remake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW2EC0PzyiU

The Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haAIy5aBMJQ

Picture Comparisons between the old and new games can be found here:
http://splodinator.com/microsoft-unveils-halo-combat-evolved-anniversary/

Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 7, 2011 at 08:29 PM
Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 22, 2011 at 01:00 PM

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 01:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 330       
Saw it, can't wait. $60 is nothing, to be honest, and I've been needing some more fun games to play recently. I know a lot of people will hate on it but they're just poor and/or hipsters (I'm looking at you, Sel).

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 01:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 330       
I know... It actually looks really good. I'm really hoping they don't mess it up, but by the looks of the trailer it'll stick true to the original. Now we just need it ported to the PC, since we're most of the market for this one.

Also, no idea who Sel is. It has been SO long since I've hung around here for a period of more than a week.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:02 PM    Msg. 4 of 330       
Better not nerf the weps

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:05 PM    Msg. 5 of 330       
I agree with this. I want the same game, not "HEY GUYS IT HAS ARMOR ABILITIES IT IS BETTER NOW."

I would cry. Literally.

SeL

https://twitter.com/FalldogStudio

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:05 PM    Msg. 6 of 330       
Looks absolutely horrible.

Also gameplay changes, forget it, not interesting at all.
Edited by SeL on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:06 PM

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:06 PM    Msg. 7 of 330       
no pc ver. no buy.

SeL

https://twitter.com/FalldogStudio

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:12 PM    Msg. 8 of 330       
jcap: it loosk like what we COULD HAVE DONE if we had Halo 3's engine on the PC FOUR YEARS AGO

^^

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:13 PM    Msg. 9 of 330       
@SeL

God, you are a downer. Just give it a chance.

@Dwood

I'll buy it regardless, but I'm going to be really dissapointed if it's not on the PC. We're the ones who kept the damn game alive, we deserve our own version.

NOTE:
The original Rumors were that 343 studios were NOT going to use the Reach engine. Just cross your fingers that this is true.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:15 PM

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 330       
I did notice the Assassination, and that alone would ruin the game unless it was an optional sort of thing you could choose to toggle off in your own match

Now AA's? They may as well quit now.

Does 343 have a website?

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:29 PM    Msg. 11 of 330       
You call the maps in Reach evolution?

That's like me taking a car, making it take up two lanes of the road, and saying it's a better car.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:40 PM    Msg. 12 of 330       
Ah, I've got you now.

At the same time, they can't really go on to design new maps based on previous maps in a game that is supposed to be a remake. But in any case, making Blood Gulch in a game built on the reach engine would be the same as shrinking down Hemorrage. No evolution there.

They mentioned that there would be seven of the original maps. What happened to the rest of them?
Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:43 PM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:44 PM    Msg. 13 of 330       
Quote: --- Original message by: DieHard Bob
They mentioned that there would be seven of the original maps. What happened to the rest of them?

DLC, because they want to milk halo for every cent they can.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:44 PM    Msg. 14 of 330       
yay for judging a game 5 months before its release off of a 1 minute long trailer at E3...

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:52 PM    Msg. 15 of 330       
To the naysayers:

It's Halo freaking Anniversary Edition. What did you expect? A whole new engine for a remake? You know how many resources and money that would cost MS for just a remake? In their perspective, the Reach Engine offers enough elasticity to work with this. Not saying I agree with them, but that's how it is. If you want to see how much Anniversary Editions are cutback in comparison to the modern times, just look at the FF4 Compilation for PSP. It's been 20+ years and they still haven't made that game into Polygons yet.

I'm not going to say anything simply because this was just revealed and there's plenty of time between now and the release date for some good things to happen. All I will say negatively is that I think the Permutation for MC is bad in my opinion.

I do see a lot of graphically and environmentally awesome things in this trailer though. Every level looks fantastic and I adore a whole lot out of the environments. We all also get to see what the Flood look like in the Reach engine, which I'm psyched for.

Sel, what gameplay changes do you see? Everything looks only graphically superior to HPC, but as far as gameplay there is no indication besides the assassinations that there is any difference. I also want to suggest to those thinking it's going to feature loadouts that maybe the Spartan's speed was turned up for that game? Maybe it's a custom powerup too. I don't know, but considering I didn't see any other Loadouts, I think it's way too soon to be judging this game.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:53 PM    Msg. 16 of 330       
New Info in the First Post. Most of it I would consider bad.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:58 PM    Msg. 17 of 330       

Link please to this "official info"

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 02:59 PM    Msg. 18 of 330       
Firefight, I'm very happy to hear that. Finally I get to play firefight as a Spartan 2 (a firefight I didn't build myself).

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:02 PM    Msg. 19 of 330       
I like the way you put this. I didn't expect a whole new engine just for a remake, but I did expect them to use whatever new engine they were supposedly working on. (One of the team members at 343 was on a few minutes ago talking about Halo 4, and would not say anything about the engine.)

Not quite sure what you meant there about the Permutation for MC being bad, but I agree with you on the environments and the flood. It will be interesting to see what everything looks like in this new engine. Although I would trade every last ounce of graphical capability for a better game.

hjm65

Oyashiro-sama is going to get you

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:04 PM    Msg. 20 of 330       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
no pc ver. no buy.

This.

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:04 PM    Msg. 21 of 330       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Link please to this "official info"

You'll have to wait for a report or video to go up by IGN, ect. One of the team designing the game was on Spike a few minutes ago and that's what he said. I've got it recorded, but it'll take a while to upload to Youtube.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Cereal Killer
Firefight, I'm very happy to hear that. Finally I get to play firefight as a Spartan 2 (a firefight I didn't build myself).

That last part made me laugh. :P
Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 6, 2011 at 03:06 PM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:07 PM    Msg. 22 of 330       
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/halo-anniversary-exclusive/7ed1f10f-349c-4c47-a07a-831d12f94d63

Official Exclusive, shows a lot more. Basically, the Campaign is a graphical remake to the original and the Mutiplayer (as far as I think it is) will be Reach multiplayer ALA Halo 3: ODST style.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:08 PM    Msg. 23 of 330       
I think it LOOKS nice, but they need to use the Halo engine, otherwise it will not feel like Halo. Halo is made by it's engine...

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:14 PM    Msg. 24 of 330       
exact same bsps, in the unmodified reach engine, why the hell would it take a year to make this? all it is is reused content from two games combined.

All it basically is is a mod...

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:17 PM    Msg. 25 of 330       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
exact same bsps, in the unmodified reach engine, why the hell would it take a year to make this? all it is is reused content from two games combined.

You have no idea how game developement works if you think a year is too long to make a game like this

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:19 PM    Msg. 26 of 330       
It does have the same gameplay you idiots. They pretty much took Halo's exact levels, put them in their engine, and made them look better. Hell the ANIMATIONS ARE EVEN THE SAME, FP AND 3P n_n

The pace looked exactly like Halo 1 too. I'm pretty damn sure we're getting our same campaign here guys.

....EXCEPT THAT IT'S 360 ONLY (from what we know so far. It said "through Xbox Live!" and nothing about PC)

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:20 PM    Msg. 27 of 330       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane

You have no idea how game developement works if you think a year is too long to make a game like this

they didn't make new bsps
they didn't make new models
they didn't record new dialog
they didn't make new animations
they didn't make new maps or levels
they didn't make a new engine
they probably didn't even add any new scripts

AND they have a crew of people working every day on it that get paid to make it
Edited by Delicon20 on Jun 6, 2011 at 03:25 PM

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:20 PM    Msg. 28 of 330       

Thats why he calls himself the village idiot in his avatar quote xD

DieHard Bob

i rule

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:25 PM    Msg. 29 of 330       
Damnit, Now I've got to install Silverlight to view that Website. (Silverlight has a long history of screwing up my Laptop. Reinstalling everything at the end of the month anyway, so why not.)

joe55

You are beyond helping, gtfo.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:28 PM    Msg. 30 of 330       
Quote: --- Original message by: hjm65
no pc ver. no buy.

This.

Why would you buy it for the pc while its also coming for the xbox ?

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:30 PM    Msg. 31 of 330       
Watch this and it will make more sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaAiPXvL0eQ

teh lag

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:31 PM    Msg. 32 of 330       
http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/2066f87d32f44c69b1d79d3e49e9d99d/2816737-gallery.png

They did not even bother to close the marines' hands for use with the H1 animations. This is also visible throughout 343i overview video. This is something that even the laziest ripper can fix when porting assets to Halo 1.

Bleh.

I would however like to say that the environments are simply stunning, and leave me disappointed that the same amount of care wasn't put into the animation/asset porting department.
Edited by teh lag on Jun 6, 2011 at 03:37 PM

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:38 PM    Msg. 33 of 330       
Quote: --- Original message by: joe55
Quote: --- Original message by: hjm65
no pc ver. no buy.

This.

Why would you buy it for the pc while its also coming for the xbox ?

Why buy it if it's not for PC and you can't mod for it?

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:42 PM    Msg. 34 of 330       
They are literally using the exact same gameplay, physics, and other stuff from CE. I don't even know whether to love it to death or hate it.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 03:44 PM    Msg. 35 of 330       

they didn't make new bsps
they didn't make new models
they didn't record new dialog
they didn't make new animations
they didn't make new maps or levels
they didn't make a new engine
they probably didn't even add any new scripts

AND they have a crew of people working every day on it that get paid to make it
Edited by Delicon20 on Jun 6, 2011 at 03:25 PM

They should hire you since you'd obviously make things go faster
Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Jun 6, 2011 at 03:45 PM

Page 1 of 10 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 16, 2019 6:03 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website