A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 4 Information and Plans

Author Topic: Halo 4 Information and Plans (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 10:56 PM    Msg. 1 of 23       
Halo 4 Information and Plans

Campaign

Let's get started, the single player as we know starts off with the master chief being awakened by a frightened Cortana as the frigate is slowly pulled into a large structure of the forerunner planet. We all know about that as we've seen the trailer. Let's talk about the new stuff, shall we?
The Legendary planet as it is nicknamed was known about by the Mysterious Office of Naval Intelligence. They had been studying and classified the planet as "Sigma 7". To give you an inside look at how the interrior of the forerunner planet is planned to look, The planet will have several "Rings" simmilar to those of the Halo Array featuring every terrain known. In addition to this "Ancient Threat", the Forerunners themselves may be returning. To add onto that, There will be hostile forerunner A.I. and technology. As ONI had been studying the planet, there will be several UNSC and ONI structures inside the planet WITH marines.
The marines have formed factions and have begun to fight with each other as a result of isolation on the forerunner planet.

Gameplay

The gameplay in halo 4 will differ from what we're used to. It is planned to have extremely large scale battles, larger than EVER seen before in a video game. Sea, land, and air will "Sync" together flawlessly as hell is unleashed. Halo 4 is planned to have tactical gameplay such as weapon modifications in the heat of battle WITHOUT a menu. One is able to upgrade their weapon in a flash, using it to their advantages in the raging battle.

That's all I have currently, Stay tuned for updates!
Edited by 032 Mendicant Bias on Jun 8, 2011 at 11:04 PM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 11:17 PM    Msg. 2 of 23       
Sources?

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 11:25 PM    Msg. 3 of 23       
The front of the armor seems a small bit odd, but I like the shoulders a lot better. Also, is what you're saying just a compilation of what you speculate?

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 01:09 AM    Msg. 4 of 23       
Makes sense based on the vids I've seen from 343, all they usually talk about is how they want the forrunner contact with people, and in all honesty I've always wanted much larger scale combat in halo, and the on the fly weapon modding makes sense as we see MC slapping a supressor on a halo 3 magnum in the teaser vid. This game might not be all that bad according to my standards, but do you know if we'll fight any covenant rebels/pirates?

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 01:25 AM    Msg. 5 of 23       
i agree the picture looks weird the chest plate doesnt look much like a chess plate anymore and the arm armor looks like elite armor on the arm but green and meets half way to look like a spartan armor. and the visor reminds me of the anniversary edition visor just yeck! no more space battles?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 01:41 AM    Msg. 6 of 23       
Actually I would prefer this visor to the anniversary. The anniversary looks just horrible. Bland.
At least this one has shape and indents.

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 01:46 AM    Msg. 7 of 23       
you can barely see it though i was wondering if the chief would come across a forerunner suit its about time cuz his suit is all beat up from the last 2 games though that would be a huge change to halo fans

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 04:35 AM    Msg. 8 of 23       
so basically...halo meets crysis 2 and becomes bigger... yep

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 05:38 AM    Msg. 9 of 23       
you forgot it meets battlefield.
btw I doubt the scale wil be bigger than battlefield's 64 player (that's if you acutally have a valid source of info). fagbox simply can't handle that awesomeness.

Bokito

Playing ODST since 09-21-09

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 06:41 AM    Msg. 10 of 23       
Weapon in teaser is not a magnum, if you look at it when it shoots it reloads like a grenade launcher.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 06:45 AM    Msg. 11 of 23       
Wait you can mistake a magnum for a grenade launcher?

abkarch

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 06:52 AM    Msg. 12 of 23       
great, now theres like 5 threads.
I swear, if this is made in the reach engine, or made to be like reach, i m gonna be mad.

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 07:38 AM    Msg. 13 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
great, now theres like 5 threads.
I swear, if this is made in the reach engine, or made to be like reach, i m gonna be mad.

New engine.

Delicon20

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 09:36 AM    Msg. 14 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bokito
Weapon in teaser is not a magnum, if you look at it when it shoots it reloads like a grenade launcher.

there are pistols that reload like a grenade launcher

1 example is the flare gun

rassilon

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 10:11 AM    Msg. 15 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: rassilon
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

Yeah...about that.
http://microsoftfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/03-Halo-4-Wallpaper.jpg
Edited by rassilon on Jun 9, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Delicon20

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 10:18 AM    Msg. 16 of 23       

Yeah...about that.
http://microsoftfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/03-Halo-4-Wallpaper.jpg
Edited by rassilon on Jun 9, 2011 at 10:12 AM

okay yeah, I'm pretty sure I never shot a brute in the face with that in halo 3...
Edited by Delicon20 on Jun 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 10:59 AM    Msg. 17 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Sources?

Delicon20

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 11:04 AM    Msg. 18 of 23       
y do u care? you get the info either way

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 12:23 PM    Msg. 19 of 23       

Legitimacy. It's an internet forum. Until I get legitimate sources stating this information, then I won't buy it.

Delicon20

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 02:53 PM    Msg. 20 of 23       

Legitimacy. It's an internet forum. Until I get legitimate sources stating this information, then I won't buy it.

well, in that case, from what I've the original source was someone who leaked it on the bungie forums (not a bungie employee, a user), so there is no way to find out if this is legit, deal with it. I choose to believe it, just because from what I've seen and heard throughout halo media this would make sense to me.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 04:58 PM    Msg. 21 of 23       

well, in that case, from what I've the original source was someone who leaked it on the bungie forums (not a bungie employee, a user), so there is no way to find out if this is legit, deal with it. I choose to believe it, just because from what I've seen and heard throughout halo media this would make sense to me.

What's to deal with? It's non-legitimate information. Whether one believes it's real or not is relatively minute. Not to mention anything that isn't stated on the Bungie forums by an Employee about a game is automatically in need of skepticism.

IE: How the hell can you believe anything like that from the Bungie forums? Like seriously, nothing personal, but you'd really have to be gullible to believe anything straight up from there.

DarkAvengerX

I'll just stick to music as mapping is not for me.

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 05:04 PM    Msg. 22 of 23       
++UPDATE++

TRUE INFO

I've traveled far and wide to bring you some insights on Halo 4. Here's the deal, do not ask where the info came from I cannot reveal it, do not ask for proof cause I cannot give it. If you don't believe me I completely understand, as long as you realize that any requests for a source are wasting your time. If you don't want to take my word on this that's cool, it doesn't bother me if you don't believe me.

This is a bunch of info taken from a pretty secret media blast that's been doing the rounds and is under embargo until the Halo celebration event. This document is for media outlets and they'll no doubt be publishing these details later in August during the event. This is not an exact copy of the document but a paraphrased version from a journalist.

"Halo 4 returns players to the story of the Master Chief and Cortana in the events that follow the conclusion of Halo 3. Players will experience an all new story and introduce a new roster of enemies and weapons to the Halo experience. Set against the top secret Forerunner planetoid known to ONI as Sigma 7, players will encounter a dark new foe and unravel more of the mysteries behind the forerunners and the Office of Naval Intelligence.

At the heart of Halo 4 is a stronger focus than ever before behind story telling and player choice. Players will be offered an unprecedented level of customization and a narrative experience never before seen in a first person shooter. On a technical level Halo 4 pushes the boundaries of the action genre by incorporating larger battlefields than ever before and players will experience conflicts that seamlessly span land, sea and space.

Halo 4 will expand the series trademark arsenal of weapons and vehicles beyond any other title so far. Players can expect fan favorites to return along with new additions. Halo 4 will also feature the revolutionary new Arsenal Improvisation Mechanics that allow for menu-free, creative customization of weapons and vehicles in the heat of combat. Players will take their fight to a new level by dynamically tailoring their weapons and vehicles to suit any situations or enemies."

At the moment it seems 343 are focusing on the new and improved story and weapons system (of which the new AIM mechanic is only mysteriously alluded to) but there was some video shown that fills in some of the gaps. Halo 4 is set on a Forerunner planet that has an inner and outer surface that provides two distinct styles. The outside is very industrial and features a wide range of hostile Forerunner tech and AI. The video showed space combat here. The inside of the planetoid is hollow and is sectioned off in to many tiers/bands (almost resembling Halo rings) that feature a myriad of natural environments not only resembling earth's but many other alien terrains. The video featured combat across a multitude of environments from space to mountains, plains and oceans. Presumably, ONI had been top secretly researching the planet for some. There are UNSC forces on the planet but they look really degraded and disorganized and it was implied that they may be divided into factions and warring with each other. At one point we see a heavily modified warthog that has had the wheels replaced two kind of anti gravity devices. At another point the Chief is clearly sprinting which possibly implies a return of armor abilities. There was no sign of the Flood or the Covenant but at the very end of the trailer the 'dark new threat' was hinted at. The video ends with the Chief standing at a dark cave entrance and from within can be heard some menacing gurgling and grunting. Cortana says "They're coming back ... and there's a LOT more of them this time", the Master chief then readies a new weapon that looks like a cross between a rocket launcher and a Needler and it focuses on his helmet and visor and a number of strange digital effects ripple across his visor then the videos ends.

Anyway, say what you want, fake or real, it doesn't bother me, I know it's very reliable. Feel free to comment or speculate but please keep it clean.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 05:08 PM    Msg. 23 of 23       
There are already other threads on this subject.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 26, 2020 5:58 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website