A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP] Halo 3 UI

Page 2 of 15 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 15 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [WIP] Halo 3 UI (525 messages, Page 2 of 15)
Moderators: Dennis

Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Jun 25, 2011 07:54 PM    Msg. 36 of 525       
I like it so very much.

If you could add Custom Edition to the end or CE or something like that it would be much more of the Halo: Custom Edition look and feel of it.

Is it possible to edit the Multiplayer UI and Campaign UI?
Kind of like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9SSZTqajA


foan
Joined: Jun 24, 2011

I need a weapon.


Posted: Jun 25, 2011 08:17 PM    Msg. 37 of 525       
Exellent Work. Really, that's the best UI that I've seen on Halo CE.

I hope that you continue this kickass menu !


Hawkeye 117
Joined: Jul 26, 2008

No Fear, Vehicle Noob is Here!


Posted: Jun 25, 2011 10:50 PM    Msg. 38 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
I like it so very much.

If you could add Custom Edition to the end or CE or something like that it would be much more of the Halo: Custom Edition look and feel of it.

Is it possible to edit the Multiplayer UI and Campaign UI?
Kind of like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9SSZTqajA


Yeah, just adding "CE" to the end would be awesome! This is by far the best looking UI I have seen for CE....that I have been able to use that is. Still waiting on the Delta UI :\

Oh, and another thing, the font was better before when it wasn't bolded.
[EDIT] Actually, on second thought, it's not that bad, but I think I still prefer the old font.
Edited by Hawkeye 117 on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM


Hawkeye 117
Joined: Jul 26, 2008

No Fear, Vehicle Noob is Here!


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 04:35 AM    Msg. 39 of 525       
A cursor better fitting to the UI would be great as well :P


milkkookie
Joined: Aug 10, 2010

:)


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 01:54 PM    Msg. 40 of 525       
maybe you should keep the ring in there. just re-texture it and make it look better.


XlzQwerty1
Joined: Aug 6, 2009


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 02:00 PM    Msg. 41 of 525       
Or use waffle's xbox shaders for halo ring. I really like this UI btw. Halo 1 scenario with Halo 3 style layout and user interfaces.


SlappyThePirate
Joined: Aug 24, 2009

You are irritating, I'll release nothing


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 02:24 PM    Msg. 42 of 525       
I have a remodeled ring I can give you. It looks pretty cool...


Mangenkyo
Joined: Jul 14, 2009

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 04:14 PM    Msg. 43 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
If you could add Custom Edition to the end or CE or something like that it would be much more of the Halo: Custom Edition look and feel of it.


like this??


Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
Is it possible to edit the Multiplayer UI and Campaign UI?
Kind of like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9SSZTqajA


yes... the idea is edit ALL the screens of the UI... i repeat... ALL... lol


Quote: --- Original message by: Hawkeye 117
A cursor better fitting to the UI would be great as well :P


i know that.. any suggestions?? i want to add just a windows cursor...

Quote: --- Original message by: Hawkeye 117
Oh, and another thing, the font was better before when it wasn't bolded.
[EDIT] Actually, on second thought, it's not that bad, but I think I still prefer the old font.
Edited by Hawkeye 117 on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM


hmmmm idk.. let me think about that...

Quote: --- Original message by: milkkookie
maybe you should keep the ring in there. just re-texture it and make it look better.



hmmm... maybe i will make 2 versions of this UI... one with the ring as background.. and another with another bsp (h3 ui replica)...
what do you think??
Edited by Mangenkyo on Jun 26, 2011 at 04:21 PM


bourrin33
Joined: Oct 19, 2009

HEK not installed tho


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 04:28 PM    Msg. 44 of 525       
I dont like the "Custom edition" in halo police.


Mangenkyo
Joined: Jul 14, 2009

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 04:32 PM    Msg. 45 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
I dont like the "Custom edition" in halo police.


suggestions??


unggoy
Joined: Jun 23, 2011

Interested only to halo2


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 06:11 PM    Msg. 46 of 525       
can you make a ui for mp and sp.. please its cool like the salvo ones but make it halo 3


Hawkeye 117
Joined: Jul 26, 2008

No Fear, Vehicle Noob is Here!


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 08:33 PM    Msg. 47 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
I dont like the "Custom edition" in halo police.


suggestions??


You could do something like this, or just have the CE on the end of Halo. Also, the cursor in this is nice although a bit broken.


Or even something like this :P

Edited by Hawkeye 117 on Jun 26, 2011 at 09:04 PM


XlzQwerty1
Joined: Aug 6, 2009


Posted: Jun 26, 2011 09:41 PM    Msg. 48 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo

Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
If you could add Custom Edition to the end or CE or something like that it would be much more of the Halo: Custom Edition look and feel of it.


like this??


Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
Is it possible to edit the Multiplayer UI and Campaign UI?
Kind of like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9SSZTqajA


yes... the idea is edit ALL the screens of the UI... i repeat... ALL... lol


Quote: --- Original message by: Hawkeye 117
A cursor better fitting to the UI would be great as well :P


i know that.. any suggestions?? i want to add just a windows cursor...

Quote: --- Original message by: Hawkeye 117
Oh, and another thing, the font was better before when it wasn't bolded.
[EDIT] Actually, on second thought, it's not that bad, but I think I still prefer the old font.
Edited by Hawkeye 117 on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM


hmmmm idk.. let me think about that...

Quote: --- Original message by: milkkookie
maybe you should keep the ring in there. just re-texture it and make it look better.



hmmm... maybe i will make 2 versions of this UI... one with the ring as background.. and another with another bsp (h3 ui replica)...
what do you think??
Edited by Mangenkyo on Jun 26, 2011 at 04:21 PM


I LIKE this ui size but I think that the letters Custom Edition should be bigger. not that small


cyboryxmen
Joined: Nov 7, 2010

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!


Posted: Jun 27, 2011 09:02 AM    Msg. 49 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
I LIKE this ui size but I think that the letters Custom Edition should be bigger. not that small


The length of "Custom Edition" shouldn't be any bigger than "Halo"'s and it already is.
-Zekilk


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Jun 29, 2011 01:43 AM    Msg. 50 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
For the ring, use better shaders. Xbox shaders.


Hawkeye 117
Joined: Jul 26, 2008

No Fear, Vehicle Noob is Here!


Posted: Jun 30, 2011 09:15 PM    Msg. 51 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: cyboryxmen
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
I LIKE this ui size but I think that the letters Custom Edition should be bigger. not that small


The length of "Custom Edition" shouldn't be any bigger than "Halo"'s and it already is.
-Zekilk


I agree


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Jul 1, 2011 04:38 PM    Msg. 52 of 525       
So... looking good after using it for a while.
Waiting for updates...


Skyancez3o4
Joined: Apr 6, 2010

I miss CE


Posted: Jul 1, 2011 04:50 PM    Msg. 53 of 525       
I especially like the font, it looks great :)


Slayer117
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Host of CE3 2010-forever!


Posted: Jul 1, 2011 05:00 PM    Msg. 54 of 525       
Looks Nice, Can I expect to see you at CE3 with this?


Mangenkyo
Joined: Jul 14, 2009

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..


Posted: Jul 2, 2011 02:43 PM    Msg. 55 of 525       
sorry guys.. i was a little busy with school.. now i can continue with the campaign screen... idk how to do it.. any ideas?? i want something like the SOLO GAME LOBBY.. ill make a concept now

some minutes later...


ok.. here is the concept...



well.. i dont like this.. i need suggestions.. it looks too empty (ingame the colours should look better)... any ideas??
Edited by Mangenkyo on Jul 2, 2011 at 03:51 PM


SlappyThePirate
Joined: Aug 24, 2009

You are irritating, I'll release nothing


Posted: Jul 2, 2011 04:29 PM    Msg. 56 of 525       
More gradient on the backround box? See your older pictures above.


cyboryxmen
Joined: Nov 7, 2010

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!


Posted: Jul 3, 2011 01:36 AM    Msg. 57 of 525       
It needs to be placed to the left corner(there is a term for this but I forgot what it is).
-Zekilk


SlappyThePirate
Joined: Aug 24, 2009

You are irritating, I'll release nothing


Posted: Jul 3, 2011 12:13 PM    Msg. 58 of 525       
Justified, or anchored?


Mangenkyo
Joined: Jul 14, 2009

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..


Posted: Jul 3, 2011 04:21 PM    Msg. 59 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
i think either blend it more with the background or stretch the left side all the way over. also i think that adding a border or some kinda of indicator around or near the "back" and "system settings" widgets would be helpful. it just kinda seems like text, not really a selection...


are you saying an icon on that widgets will looks fine??


cyboryxmen
Joined: Nov 7, 2010

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!


Posted: Jul 3, 2011 10:50 PM    Msg. 60 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Justified, or anchored?


I choose anchored. Anchor the box to the left.
-Zekilk


Wesker
Joined: Jun 8, 2011

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!


Posted: Jul 3, 2011 11:30 PM    Msg. 61 of 525       
isn't contibue and load check point the same?


TauSigmaNova
Joined: Jan 31, 2011

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane


Posted: Jul 3, 2011 11:48 PM    Msg. 62 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
isn't contibue and load check point the same?

continue-load last checkpoint

load checkpoint-load any saved checkpoint


Wesker
Joined: Jun 8, 2011

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!


Posted: Jul 3, 2011 11:58 PM    Msg. 63 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279
Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
isn't contibue and load check point the same?

continue-load last checkpoint

load checkpoint-load any saved checkpoint

ah ty spartan


TauSigmaNova
Joined: Jan 31, 2011

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane


Posted: Jul 4, 2011 09:12 AM    Msg. 64 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279
Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
isn't contibue and load check point the same?

continue-load last checkpoint

load checkpoint-load any saved checkpoint

ah ty spartan

yw


Mangenkyo
Joined: Jul 14, 2009

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..


Posted: Jul 4, 2011 04:42 PM    Msg. 65 of 525       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
i think either blend it more with the background or stretch the left side all the way over. also i think that adding a border or some kinda of indicator around or near the "back" and "system settings" widgets would be helpful. it just kinda seems like text, not really a selection...


are you saying an icon on that widgets will looks fine??


not exactly an icon, i only meant that something should signify its existance of a widget. and not just text. like a highlight? or box? idk. just a suggestion.


yes. i know, i like that idea. but, what can be??


TauSigmaNova
Joined: Jan 31, 2011

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane


Posted: Jul 4, 2011 10:37 PM    Msg. 66 of 525       
slightly modded, but still useful.






Use those for ref.

-edit-

this is also really good look
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/30670-how-to-boost-in-halo-3-with-pics/
Edited by Spartan 279 on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:46 PM


SlappyThePirate
Joined: Aug 24, 2009

You are irritating, I'll release nothing


Posted: Jul 4, 2011 11:18 PM    Msg. 67 of 525       
I made that earth, if you want it. It has a scrolling texture on it.


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Jesse#4500


Posted: Jul 7, 2011 03:59 PM    Msg. 68 of 525       
Hey Mangekyo, I really want to learn how to edit UI widgets and stuff. I can make any and all bitmaps myself, but I have no idea how to use the widgets tags because they are pretty darn locked. How is it that you modify these so well?


XlzQwerty1
Joined: Aug 6, 2009


Posted: Jul 7, 2011 04:02 PM    Msg. 69 of 525       
Locked? Don't you use Kornman v2?


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Jesse#4500


Posted: Jul 7, 2011 04:06 PM    Msg. 70 of 525       
Ahh... I use Kornman00

I knew I've seen them unlocked before! :D

 
Page 2 of 15 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 15 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Sat December 16, 2017 3:52 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website