A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT Elite Playable Biped Beta 2 Tag Pack

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT Elite Playable Biped Beta 2 Tag Pack (79 messages, Page 2 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 12:10 AM    Msg. 36 of 79       
you just loooove pushin' Dennis' buttons, don't yah?

......yeh me too :p

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 12:44 AM    Msg. 37 of 79       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Can't wait for a final version. (Bump)

Agreez. Eagerly awaiting.

teh lag

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 10:24 AM    Msg. 38 of 79       
I can't make promises but there will be something significant before the summer is out... I do have an update nearly ready to go (just have to do some more touch-ups to the Beam Rifle tags and compile some new animations that ODX sent to me) which I will hopefully have out in a week or two.

I may as well spill the few beans I have - here's what can be expected for the update:

Quote:
Weapon FP animations added:
Elite:
-CMT Assault Rifle (compatible model supplied)
-CMT Battle Rifle + Grenade Launcher (compatible model supplied)
-CMT Plasma Pistol (works with old FP model)
-CMT Spartan Laser (works with old model)
-Alternate CMT Sniper Rifle (courtesy of ODX)

Cyborg:
-H1 Assault Rifle
-H1 Sniper Rifle
-H2 Battle Rifle
-H2/CMT Brute Shot

Weapon FP animations updated:
-Elite H1 Pistol: added alt fire animation
-Elite H1 AR: added alt melee animation; alt ready animation

Weapons added:
-H2 Beam Rifle

Bugfixes:
-Rifle aiming overlay
-Messed-up vertex weights on alternate FP models

There is one last project that I'm working on in addition to the CMT releases (well, technically they're part of them) - but it will likely see the light of day once the big release is done.

Finally: I'm still looking for a skinner! Please contact me if you can do those last permutations!
Edited by teh lag on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 04:02 PM    Msg. 39 of 79       
Knowing you're good at animating, could you make a biped with both elite and spartan ?

You would just have to get both bonesets in one model, scale all the animations with the same length , tweak stuff here and there and finish up things with a script...

Just submitting an idea tho. I dont know if halo can handle all the bones

teh lag

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 05:04 PM    Msg. 40 of 79       
Quote: You would just have to get both bonesets in one model, scale all the animations with the same length , tweak stuff here and there and finish up things with a script...

"Just"

That's a lot of work with too little potential payoff; the issue of FP arms/animations would remain without a reliable solution. Additionally I don't particularly feel like starting any new projects, especially ones that might not amount to anything substantive.
Edited by teh lag on Jul 7, 2011 at 05:04 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 05:39 PM    Msg. 41 of 79       
Using trigger volumes that gives a specific weapons in the player spawning areas, it could fix it, but only in CTF...
Edit : It would work, because when a perm is attached to 1 weapon, and no other, the perm is kept for any other weapon (noticeable with backpack weaps)

And I think it can also be a great step for players. I can do it with elite's anims source but as you said
Quote: I don't particularly feel like starting any new projects
too.

Maybe one day I will make it.
Edited by bourrin33 on Jul 7, 2011 at 05:42 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 11:53 PM    Msg. 42 of 79       
Lag is already doing you a service. CMT work is open source and if you think it's so easy do it yourself.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 03:53 AM    Msg. 43 of 79       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Lag is already doing you a service. CMT work is open source and if you think it's so easy do it yourself.

Lag is the shi

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 05:22 AM    Msg. 44 of 79       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Lag is the shi

OLD CMT>NEW CMT ???

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 05:53 AM    Msg. 45 of 79       
... this is really getting annoying stop making wars about this and get over it the past is the past leave it behind and and look forward to the new..

teh lag

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 03:14 PM    Msg. 46 of 79       
It's update time!

Check out the update information video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqMAZTvr3A

And the earlier one from a few days back if you missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f6zMd37fDc

And here's the readme detailing all the goodies within:
Quote: CMT Elite Playable Biped Beta 2 Tag Pack *Update*

Authors: Teh Lag & Dano; Bungie Studios

Additional Contributors: CMT (Assorted particles)
ODX (New CMT Sniper FP animations)
Wave of Lag (Br_Grenade model)
Scooby Doo (Br_Grenade textures; Spartan Laser model + textures)
Doom (Assault Rifle model)
CtrlAltDestroy (Original Spartan Laser animations)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an update intended to be installed over the last tag pack release - if you don't have it, please go download it as this update is stand-alone. However, if you do have the tags from the last tag-pack this should be able to function perfectly on a stock tagset.

(At the time of my writing this, the original pack is available at http://www.mediafire.com/file/9yo1xk1hte4tvsa/CMT_Elite_Beta_2_Tagpack.rar)

I also am going to assume that you know how to install the tags from the previous update, as the same applies to this one and I don't really want to go to the trouble of explaining it again. Make sure that you reference the FP animations appropriate for your FP arms (Elite or Cyborg rigs). If you're using an Elite rig, make sure that you have also selected the appropriate Elite-specific FP model if one is required.

Please note that with the exception of the Beam Rifle there are no weapon tags in this release; if you want to use the CMT FP models/animations with weapons I suggest you acquire one of the CMT tagset releases at:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5144 [SPV2 Beta tags] or
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5388 [MPG3 tags]

The CMT FP stuff in this update is designed to be a supplement for people who already use those tags; I'm not going to be redoing them since the original CMT is back and will be editing them later anyway. (Plug time: visit the reborn team at www.halomods.com/cmt!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This update includes:
FP ARMS
-CMT Elite minor (fixed rigging issues)
-CMT Elite ultra (fixed rigging issues)
-H3 Elite
-H2 Elite
-H2 Arbiter
-Combined FP Arms .max file located under update\data\cmt\characters\elite_v2; contains all the above rigs stored in layers in a single .max file. Compatible with Max 8 and above. Bitmaps are located in the appropriate h2\ or h3\ directories, or are provided in the earlier release.

ADDED ELITE FP SUPPORT
-CMT BRG (animations and updated model supplied; no Elite-specific model needed)
-CMT AR (animations and updated model supplied; Elite-specific model is required and is located in the elite_v2's fp\fp_anims directory)
-CMT Spartan Laser (animations supplied; compatible with standard model)
-CMT Plasma Pistol (compatible with stock Plasma Pistol animations; Elite-specific model is located in the fp\fp_anims directory)
-H2 Beam Rifle (all tags supplied; no Elite-specific model needed)
-Updated nearly every existing Elite FP animation

ADDED CYBORG FP ANIMATIONS
-CMT BRG (animations and updated model supplied)
-CMT/H2 Brute Shot (updated CMT model supplied)
-H2 Battle Rifle (animations supplied; compatible with model in last release)
-H2 Beam Rifle (all tags supplied)

ADDED WEAPONS
-H2 Beam Rifle (all tags supplied)

MISC CONTENT
-Old CMT Jackals (all tags supplied)
-CMT up-scaled Hunters (model/animations/collision and .max files supplied; compatible with Max 8 and above)
-CMT Flood armored Elite (all tags supplied)
-CMT Flood armored Human (all tags supplied)

MISC HUD CONTENT
-Updated the custom items string_list and icons bitmap; both are located under the "hud-optional" folder in this archive

Just to be safe - here's what does (or does not) need a special FP model for use by the Elites
(these models are located under cmt\characters\elite_v2\fp\fp_anims\[weapon name])

-CMT AR: yes; model in "fp_anims\cmt_assault_rifle"
-CMT BRG: no; model found in weapon's fp
-CMT Plasma Pistol: yes; model in "fp_anims\cmt_plasma_pistol"
-CMT Spartan Laser: no; compatible with standard model
-H2 Beam Rifle: no; model found in weapon's fp

And of course here's the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pf4iuuqfv2mjxzz/CMT_Elite_Beta_2_Tagpack_Updateb.rar
Edited by teh lag on Aug 1, 2011 at 04:49 PM

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 03:16 PM    Msg. 47 of 79       
And what else could possibly be missing ;)

H3 Elite PB1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2h34tpy0b2t9ufo

Have fun guys! Oh and remember to download Lag's Tag Pack first. These two were meant to be used together.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 03:25 PM    Msg. 48 of 79       
Weird, I can't download teh lag's new tag pack update. The link is messed up somehow..

NVM: Deleted history and cache and it worked.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Aug 1, 2011 at 03:34 PM

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 03:28 PM    Msg. 49 of 79       
nice sniper animations and i love how the hunters look too

*plasma nade sounds <3
Edited by Wesker on Aug 1, 2011 at 03:30 PM

teh lag

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 03:52 PM    Msg. 50 of 79       
Do the Flood come with Halo 2 Sounds?

If so. **** YEAH!

Why, yes.

Yes they do.

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 04:01 PM    Msg. 51 of 79       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

If so. **** YEAH!

Why, yes.

Yes they do.

snarls...*leaps*burp

Delicon20

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 07:05 PM    Msg. 52 of 79       

If so. **** YEAH!

the halo 2 flood dialog has been out for almost a year now :/

open up the cmt d40 beta in hek +
Edited by Delicon20 on Aug 1, 2011 at 07:06 PM

teh lag

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 08:42 PM    Msg. 53 of 79       
Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
Still missing files for the corpse.
skin main and gutted torso.

Bleh... silly me, kept forgetting up update that gbxmodel's shader references. I've fixed it in the archive; if you don't want to re-download just change the "skin main" ref to "armor main light" and "gutted torso" to the stock Elite corpse's gutted torso shader.
Edited by teh lag on Aug 1, 2011 at 08:42 PM

Delicon20

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 10:05 PM    Msg. 54 of 79       
It corrupts itself if you rip it.

didn't for me,

did you try ripping the files only and not the folders? That's how I got it to extract.

teh lag

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 10:27 AM    Msg. 55 of 79       
It varies from scene to scene as sometimes I want some ambient illumination or less brightness but:

-6 omni lights, pure white at 1.0-0.5 power, at axis ends surrounding model + shadow mapping
-catmull-rom AA filter
-Specular +falloff and normalmaps and cubemaps and all that in the 3ds material (but iirc those weren't even included in the pack)

It's really quite simple, I think most of it I picked up from this ancient tutorial back at Modacity.

Also it helps if your model was skinned by a fantastic texture artist.
Edited by teh lag on Aug 3, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 02:25 PM    Msg. 56 of 79       
h1 - flamethrower: W-Passenger unit, the weapon floats above the vehicle in 3p.

teh lag

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 03:09 PM    Msg. 57 of 79       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy
h1 - flamethrower: W-Passenger unit, the weapon floats above the vehicle in 3p.

Interesting. Looking at it in sapien with render_model_markers on the markers aren't screwed up...

The problem goes away when I set the flamethrower weapon pose to not use the "right hand fixed" marker to attach on the gun - I did this because the stock flamethrower is tilted ~50 degrees up for the Cyborg animations and I didn't want to have to make more changes for the Flamethrower than I had do. Of course, if that marker isn't used then the flamethrower points 50 degrees up... and since the weapon has the "projectile uses weapons origin" flag the projectiles come out at an angle too.

I'm actually stumped as to what causes this or how to fix it without going in and tilting the hand of the Elite down in all the animations.

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 12:49 AM    Msg. 58 of 79       
Could we get a list of CMT weapons this is supposed to be compatible with? At the moment, my copy of the CMT shotgun, PR, Pistol, and Needler isn't showing up in FP.

Edit: Also it seems the meter on the Splazor is showing up in the wrong location...

(Little blue line to the bottom left of the red orb thingy)

Edit2: AR Melee seems to be broke. Gun twists the wrong way (Any weapon that uses the AR melee does this btw).

Edit3: SMG caues the elite's body to face the other way when firing. In the following picture the elite is supposed to be facing the screen...

Edited by chrisk123999 on Aug 4, 2011 at 09:15 AM

teh lag

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 02:09 PM    Msg. 59 of 79       
Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999

Could we get a list of CMT weapons this is supposed to be compatible with? At the moment, my copy of the CMT shotgun, PR, Pistol, and Needler isn't showing up in FP.

AR, BRG, Brute Shot, Carbine, Plasma Pistol, Sentinel Beam, SMG, Sniper Rifle, Spartan Laser, Spiker. I am very surprised though that the shotgun or PR would not work though (the pistol wont work because it has an extra node for no good reason and the needler... idk if I'll go to the trouble of porting its animations).

Quote: Edit: Also it seems the meter on the Splazor is showing up in the wrong location...

(Little blue line to the bottom left of the red orb thingy)

I will do what I can to fix this, thanks.

Quote: Edit2: AR Melee seems to be broke. Gun twists the wrong way (Any weapon that uses the AR melee does this btw).

"Broke"? I don't see anything wrong with what's in that picture or with what happens when I melee in-game. I'm not a fantastic 3p animator.

Quote: Edit3: SMG caues the elite's body to face the other way when firing. In the following picture the elite is supposed to be facing the screen...
Edited by chrisk123999 on Aug 4, 2011 at 09:15 AM

I am unable to reproduce this issue. What weapon label is your SMG using?
Edited by teh lag on Aug 4, 2011 at 02:11 PM

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 03:02 PM    Msg. 60 of 79       
With the AR, the elite's right hand doesn't go far out enough, it just looks like he's giving himself CPR instead of hitting something with the butt of the gun, in my opinion.

http://www.xfire.com/video/4b80d8/

SMG:

http://www.xfire.com/video/4b80da/
Edited by chrisk123999 on Aug 4, 2011 at 03:04 PM

teh lag

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 03:24 PM    Msg. 61 of 79       
I am unable to reproduce this issue. What weapon label is your SMG using?
Edited by teh lag on Aug 4, 2011 at 02:11 PM

I understand the problem but I need more information to solve it.

As for the AR I'll edit the animation if you think it is a problem.

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 04:08 PM    Msg. 62 of 79       
I'll look at the label, but it should be the one right from the CMT tagset release. Edit:

The label is: ar
Edited by chrisk123999 on Aug 4, 2011 at 04:10 PM

teh lag

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 05:30 PM    Msg. 63 of 79       

I'll look at the label, but it should be the one right from the CMT tagset release. Edit:

I am still unable to reproduce this. Can you possibly PM me your SMG tags so I can see if there is anything else that may be causing this problem?

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 05:44 PM    Msg. 64 of 79       

I am still unable to reproduce this. Can you possibly PM me your SMG tags so I can see if there is anything else that may be causing this problem?

Honestly at first i thought of a damage_effect..

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 06:13 PM    Msg. 65 of 79       
Ok, I figured it out, it was when I modified the trigger for the Halo 3 HUD.

I was using it to force the player to un-zoom if they attempted to shoot while zoomed in. Why would it be causing such a weird effect on the biped for only that gun? Setting the damage back to 0 seems to stop it, at the cost of loosing the un-zoom ability.
Edited by chrisk123999 on Aug 4, 2011 at 06:22 PM

teh lag

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 08:16 PM    Msg. 66 of 79       

I was using it to force the player to un-zoom if they attempted to shoot while zoomed in. Why would it be causing such a weird effect on the biped for only that gun? Setting the damage back to 0 seems to stop it, at the cost of loosing the un-zoom ability.

Then it's probably a ping thing (heh). That is, somehow that damage is causing the Elites' damage ping animation to play. I'll look into it.

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 12:10 AM    Msg. 67 of 79       

The G-Driver unit maintains the elites slouched posture, which in the ghost and the chopper make him appear to be looking at the dash. Maybe a bit of "chin up". Also left/right looking when in a vehicle tends to swivel up/left and up/right. Since I don't know halo lore, or any "what it should look like" notions, I just thought you might consider a chin-up aware kind of look when he is driving the warthog/ghost - or turret

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 05:19 AM    Msg. 68 of 79       
After I install everything, I get a debug. I can't even compile a normal map since I put these tags in my directory. And without using the elites as the player in globals.globals

Debug:

08.05.11 21:18:15 tool pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
08.05.11 21:18:15 reference function: _write_to_error_file
08.05.11 21:18:15 reference address: 42ca20
08.05.11 21:18:15 Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
08.05.11 21:18:15 EAX: 0x068FA550
08.05.11 21:18:15 EBX: 0x00000001
08.05.11 21:18:15 ECX: 0x00000100
08.05.11 21:18:15 EDX: 0x00000001
08.05.11 21:18:15 EDI: 0x00129AE8
08.05.11 21:18:15 ESI: 0x00000000
08.05.11 21:18:15 EBP: 0x001299C0
08.05.11 21:18:15 ESP: 0x001299B0
08.05.11 21:18:15 EIP: 0x775F70B4, C3 8D A4 24 ?????
08.05.11 21:18:15 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157: #1 is not a valid bitmap_data_block index in [#0,#1)

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 09:43 AM    Msg. 69 of 79       
One of your bitmaps is corrupt. If it's from the elites, try downloading it again.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 02:10 PM    Msg. 70 of 79       

Then it's probably a ping thing (heh). That is, somehow that damage is causing the Elites' damage ping animation to play. I'll look into it.

Yea, on the first MP elites I had (certainly yours) I had to delete some animations because i couldnt react when getting hit

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri September 20, 2019 7:36 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website