A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Lumoria: Episode Two.

Page 5 of 43 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 43 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Lumoria: Episode Two. (1485 messages, Page 5 of 43)
Moderators: Dennis

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 04:27 PM    Msg. 141 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
Thing is, creating an entire cast of sounds for a character is a ridiculous amount of work.
Not lonly recording them, but compiling + tagging it all.

So don't expect that, we've got basic death sounds for May and that's probably as far as we'll go.

it took me maybe a an hour and a half to get my own dialog tag going, I recorded all the sounds, made up to thirty sound variants for some sound tags, and compiled them.

it's not a ridiculous amount of work at all, especially if you have the cast members make the sounds on their own, using audacity or something similar. then all you'd have to do is compile the tags in tool and reference the sounds in the dialogue tag in guerilla

Uh.... not really. For us its totally different becuase of the following:

1. We'd rather have quality work then a hours work. who says it wasn't quality work?

2. We'd have to type up every single dialouge line thats needed. no offense, but I find that stupid. the whole point of dialog in my opinion is to get pure heartfelt reactions from characters that they would feel in scenarios for combat, and you can't write lines that express the characters actual would - be feelings on pen and paper. it's all about improv.

3. Send those lines to those actors, wait on them (which would probably take a while), then once we have them, convert all of them to the necessary format, get them ingame, set up each tag, and then reference them. formatting them takes maybe a minute on modacity, tool compiliation will take maybe two, setting up each tag takes a few seconds per tag, referencing the sounds in each dialog tag is easy if they're all labelled and organized correctly

Its just alot of work for something that really dosent matter a whole lot, and the time that it would take for it could be used for something that might benefit the mods gameplay alot more, which has always been the mods top priority.

I understand what you're saying, really, and it's your decision, but in all honesty your putting way too much thought into the work it takes to make dialog tags, it is actually one of the most simple tasks I've encountered in modding halo. I'm not going to go on and on about it any longer but I think it's abit unfair to dismiss it as too hard or time consuming, and compared to all the other stuff you're working on in lumoria this is probably the easiest thing you could do.

P.S. if people take awhile to send in tags wouldn't that give you more time to work on the tags of the people who submit tags early?

but yeah do whatever, I just get annoyed hearing a british guy one minute then the same guy talking with a clearly mexican accent :p

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 04:58 PM    Msg. 142 of 1485       
The reason I'd have to type up everything is becuase the character that plays Brandon has probably never even touched Halo CE. Yes its improv, but my VA's need a sense of direction other than "make some ingame dialog".

The time taken for the tagging is mostly converting them to the necessary format, considering how many lines it'd be it could take a while, even if it is easy.

I also never said this was hard at all, its just alot of time being consumed for something that dosent need as much attention.

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 05:06 PM    Msg. 143 of 1485       
Spartan-117 was called Master Chief because that is what his rank is :P. Master Chief Petty Officer.
He was the first Spartan 2 to reach that rank :P. Only 2 other spartan 2s received ranks higher than Chief petty officer (which is the highest rank a spartan can actually achieve).

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 05:39 PM    Msg. 144 of 1485       
I realize that setting up sound tags, let along writing and referencing the dialog, takes time.
Shouldn't there be an app that will convert/record to exactly the correct format and sample rate, place files in the correct folders for permutations, and compile to the correct sound settings all in one?

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 05:42 PM    Msg. 145 of 1485       
The reason I'd have to type up everything is becuase the character that plays Brandon has probably never even touched Halo CE. Yes its improv, but my VA's need a sense of direction other than "make some ingame dialog".

The time taken for the tagging is mostly converting them to the necessary format, considering how many lines it'd be it could take a while, even if it is easy.

I also never said this was hard at all, its just alot of time being consumed for something that dosent need as much attention.

IMO having a guy talking with one accent then the next line as someone completely different's voice is just weird.

That is one of the things I disliked most about lumoria is hearing 2 different voices per character that's voiced.

As delicon said it doesn't take to long.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 06:06 PM    Msg. 146 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Shade117 pro
Spartan-117 was called Master Chief because that is what his rank is :P. Master Chief Petty Officer.
He was the first Spartan 2 to reach that rank :P. Only 2 other spartan 2s received ranks higher than Chief petty officer (which is the highest rank a spartan can actually achieve).

I don't understand what you're saying?

I was thinking May could be called Lieutenant or something.

The marines we have so far address May as "Lieutenant" or "Mam". The only characters that really address her as May is Brandon or Scarecrow.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 06:13 PM    Msg. 147 of 1485       
So I was playing through Episode 1, and you know what I loved the most about it that you better have in EP2?

Those lens flares

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 06:16 PM    Msg. 148 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
So I was playing through Episode 1, and you know what I loved the most about it that you better have in EP2?

Those lens flares

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 10:00 PM    Msg. 149 of 1485       

new mp map yay

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 10:08 PM    Msg. 150 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel

new mp map yay

wtf is this crap

qft

no but seriously, this map has been in teh works for 3 years

surprisingly its become less pretty

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 10:30 PM    Msg. 151 of 1485       
Will Essence be protected?

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 01:49 AM    Msg. 152 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate

I am close to sure that they won't be using custom assets, SO WHY PROTECT IF THAR IS NUFFIN' TO PROTECT?

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 01:59 AM    Msg. 153 of 1485       

new mp map yay

best lol today even if you werent serious btw you guys see a happy face in the map? :-)?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 04:10 AM    Msg. 154 of 1485       

Hope it's a firefight. With elites coming out of drop pods.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 09:24 AM    Msg. 155 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: Shade117 pro
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate

I am close to sure that they won't be using custom assets, SO WHY PROTECT IF THAR IS NUFFIN' TO PROTECT?
I kind of want to rip that awesome bsp.

DEEhunter

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 11:55 AM    Msg. 156 of 1485       
A++ 10/10 top quality map 5 stars
America's number 1 map
MOTY would post again

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 12:05 PM    Msg. 157 of 1485       
You should charge 15 dollars for it

DEEhunter

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 12:10 PM    Msg. 158 of 1485       
Check out my new game

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 12:47 PM    Msg. 159 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Check out my new game

What happens at PC stays at PC. :P

DEEhunter

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 12:55 PM    Msg. 160 of 1485       
Yea man PC is such an all exclusive club.

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 01:58 PM    Msg. 161 of 1485       
I hope that you didn't overpower the plasma weapons too much this time. They were extremely noticeable on the harder levels(beat the overpowered pistol by 10 fold).

Also,

Fall...Damage....now...

Seriously, when May retires, the UNSC will have to send her a butler to protect her from being comatose by falling from A 50CM TALL FLIGHT OF STAIRS!
-Zekilk

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 02:15 PM    Msg. 162 of 1485       
IMO Spartan 2s should suffer no fall damage from nearly any fall in Halo. Their skeletons were rendered pretty much diamond-hard by the enhancements procedures, and their internal organs are insulated and protected by sheer muscle mass from the same procedures, so they won't be smashed internally. Not to mention that Mjolnir protects the skin and muscle itself from blunt impacts to an essentially impenetrable level.

milkkookie

:)

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 02:16 PM    Msg. 163 of 1485       
Check out my new game

can you give me the download link. plz

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 02:19 PM    Msg. 164 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Cereal Killer
IMO Spartan 2s should suffer no fall damage from nearly any fall in Halo. Their skeletons were rendered pretty much diamond-hard by the enhancements procedures, and their internal organs are insulated and protected by sheer muscle mass from the same procedures, so they won't be smashed internally. Not to mention that Mjolnir protects the skin and muscle itself from blunt impacts to an essentially impenetrable level.

Actually they organs weren't protected all tha tmuch but yeah. THe suit is almost invulnerbial.

The Cereal Killer

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 03:28 PM    Msg. 165 of 1485       
Well that's what I'm saying, I don't think any falls in any of the BSPs we make could hurt them.

inb4someonemakesabspthatsjustahugecliffwitharockbottomtoprovemewrongbutnotrealizingthatimeant'practical'bsps

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 11:56 PM    Msg. 166 of 1485       
Stay on topic: Lumoria: Episode Two.

ps. The next person that post "inb4" (or any variant of it) in a thread I will ban. Try me. Please. posting that saying is the height of disrespect to others and makes you worse than the spammer/troll.

tylerp14

Ohai der...

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 12:07 AM    Msg. 167 of 1485       
Whats, um, that word we're now not supposed to say, mean?

The Cereal Killer

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 12:51 AM    Msg. 168 of 1485       
@Dennis, sorry if it came across rudely. I only intended it as a joke (as I do with most of my meme posts) about how sarcastic we all are. Someone here would do that to me, we all know it's true ;P

So Higuy is deciding on names :O I won't say for what though... keeping you all in so much suspense...

Gurdy

ron paul did 9\11

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 12:56 AM    Msg. 169 of 1485       
Check out my new game

wow deehunter omg that looks so funny lol :)

cause like, it's all PROPOSTERIS lol because that wouldn't be a fun game at all haha
cool :)))

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 09:48 AM    Msg. 170 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: tylerp14
Whats, um, that word we're now not supposed to say, mean?
"inb4" would turn to "in before" which would then be followed by "lock."

So in full it's "in before lock," which someone will normally post for no reason whatsoever after a spammer or fight starts in a thread that is bound to be locked.

Ubergoober

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 09:58 AM    Msg. 171 of 1485       
i hope u make the last guy kinda like the last guy on subterfuge. the last guy on subterfuge is tough, jumps around, chases u, acts like a complete psycho, give him a massive shield and u got urself a kickarse end of level nasty.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 11:40 AM    Msg. 172 of 1485       
They already did that with EP1, where a Zealot with a shield was the final boss. He wasn't as crazy as Gamma made him in Subterfuge, but he was still semi-challenging.

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 11:48 AM    Msg. 173 of 1485       
They already did that with EP1, where a Zealot with a shield was the final boss. He wasn't as crazy as Gamma made him in Subterfuge, but he was still semi-challenging.

TBQH that was the easiest "boss" I ever faced. I pumped 1 shotgun round in his face and he died. I have a harder time killing grunts some days.

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 02:13 PM    Msg. 174 of 1485       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

TBQH that was the easiest "boss" I ever faced. I pumped 1 shotgun round in his face and he died. I have a harder time killing grunts some days.

He was easy because of his animations, never used that damn shield properly.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 02:20 PM    Msg. 175 of 1485       
I vote for an edited elites that uses a plasma rifle in the left hand, and a sword in the right one. He crouches when low shields, but the crouch anim is edited with a node where the shield is attached, on the left arm.

The elite shots with his plasma rifle when you're far.
When he haves low (personnal) shields he enables his energy shield, but "cant use weapons when crouched". )The shield is supposed to fide his face)
Tho if you approach to finish him he starts slapping you with the sword.

I guess it's an interesting gameplay for a boss.

Page 5 of 43 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 43 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue July 7, 2020 1:47 AM 625 ms.
A Halo Maps Website