A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Quest for power!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Quest for power! (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 02:32 AM    Msg. 1 of 38       
Well I've been lazy for quite some time, and I've had some extra time lately so I have been working on stuff in Halo again and this time I plan on actually doing something with my crap. I plan on releasing a few multiplayer maps in the future.
....and perhaps a campaign modification if I get a new computer than can handle that. I already have a mod in progress, and a replacement level partially done for a Library replacement, since not many people are fond of that level. But if I do get a new computer, this would be way more than just a campaign mod. That's if, though.

But lets focus on what is actually accomplish-able at the moment. The following weapons are all built off of the weapons in the newest H3MT tagset, so not all work is mine on this.

Take note before looking at these weapons: I am in not trying to completely follow what Halo Reach's weapons look like, I am just going for something that looks good, and I like how Reach looks. That is also why they aren't completely like reach's weapons. Mine still look different visually and function differently.
All weapon animations should not be expected in a released version. They're all subject to change.

Pistols
two pistols. Normal one modeled by Hunter with a texture by myself, and the silenced is the same one, with the silencer attachment from the recent CMT silenced pistol. I think I might replace the model on the normal version, though.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssk48tMNLHA

^^Spartan I plan on using. CMT model by Nuggetwarmer (<3) with my own textures.

Plasma Rifle

In the following video, I have two separate plasma rifles. In gameplay, though, I plan on only having the normal overheating plasma rifle that does not reload. As you see, the lights are animated (an effect by myself). The model is the plasma rifle ripped from Halo 3, and the textures were done by myself as well as the effects.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TyD_hviwQs

Assault Rifle

I had a rough idea a few months ago that I didn't do until now and it was combine the ma5c and the ma37 into one model. And here it is. Original ma5c model by Nuggetwarmer, textures by me. And of course it has those new Reach numbers, and they work. Definitely needs a good set of custom animations at the moment.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-yQpgV8KGg

Sniper Rifle
At first it was just a revamp of the Halo 3 sniper rifle, but it progressed beyond that. (Search my youtube videos to see the h3mt sniper as it is after the revamp). I added on some stuff randomly, and came out with this as the product! But I don't know what animations to use currently. The ones everyone is used to for the Halo 3 sniper rifle by ImBrokeRU, and Hdoan's animations for h3mt. So tell me which to use, this video shows both! Halo 3 sniper model originally by Hunter. The screen effect I did myself, then I played Reach for the first time in a couple months and realized theirs had the same effect. That one just happened to be a coincidence.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqtHeGVNjM

I have other weapons I'm working on also, but not in displayable condition. (such as the needler..oh god something went so horribly wrong there)

I have other things I would like to say are included in this project, but I think I should keep them out of the project for the better. At least the multiplayer portion.

And it's just me on this project. Time to revive vteam! http://www.xfire.com/communities/veeteam/

What am I calling this project? HRH2.

Edited by Invader Veex on Jun 29, 2011 at 02:54 AM

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 03:12 AM    Msg. 2 of 38       
This is the best thing I've seen on this site in months. I'd love to help in any way I possibly can.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 03:21 AM    Msg. 3 of 38       
Some pretty awesome looking stuff dude? One recommendation though. Take just a little bit of the grunge out of the textures. Items don't need to look like they are ages old. I am sure that soldiers are not equipped with old weapons and every good soldier knows to at least keep their guns a little clean when in a battle. A little grunge and dirt is okay, but it needs to be used sparingly and mainly in places that will collect dirt or where parts are more apt to rust. Many games today barely use grunge at all unless they are like Far Cry 2 where the more you use something the dirtier and rustier it gets. But they use a mask for that.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 05:35 AM    Msg. 4 of 38       
Weapons Cheddars could only dream of xD

In all seriousness though, it looks really good, I like the lens flare on the screens as well as the models in general, something custom, something different, excellent work :D

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 05:58 AM    Msg. 5 of 38       
i like it :)

btw screw you boble hob and your stupid fuel rod gun :P
theres no need to troll about your opinion

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 06:05 AM    Msg. 6 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars

Hahaha, don't be jealous now

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 07:04 AM    Msg. 7 of 38       
this is funny because only 3 people have the fixed cmt biped that works with people that have bad gfx :)

and only person new how to fix it (me)

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 08:59 AM    Msg. 8 of 38       
I'm really liking the glow and displays. Textures are nice as well, good work.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 11:02 AM    Msg. 9 of 38       
Hmm, great. Now I have to fix that blasted ready on the pistol.

Oh well, I'll get to that later today.

ahmedhalo

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 08:35 PM    Msg. 10 of 38       
this is halo reach not a map like halo reach

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 08:46 PM    Msg. 11 of 38       
I think you should model in some parts of that pistol; it looks like the back relies way too much on the texturing. Just an opinion though.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 08:49 PM    Msg. 12 of 38       
i like it but the psitol needs model work ecause it looks the sames as halo 3. i like textures though :D
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Hahaha, don't be jealous now

im not.........insecure person

Zulu246

-Scripter, Map-Maker, Pro-

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 08:52 PM    Msg. 13 of 38       
I like the Plasma Rifle texture and illumination

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 09:31 PM    Msg. 14 of 38       

im not.........insecure person

Mhmm, Im sure xD

Disaster

ROCKS

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 09:45 PM    Msg. 15 of 38       
Everything looks good except for the sniper rifle.

MMAMONSTERRR

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 09:46 PM    Msg. 16 of 38       
Why does his AR has a little green botton, did you see green botton in reach ar?

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 09:46 PM    Msg. 17 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: idltp
Gtfo, troll. You are deliberately trying to start a fight. IMO, cheddars' AR is better than anything I've seen from you.

Hey, you mad bro? I stated a fact, if you disagree fine, but I don't want to hear it, his AR is absolute crap and you know it. If you really want to continue to defend his sorry ass, go right ahead, but be ready to continue to receive crap from me about it.

Quote: Why does his AR has a little green botton, did you see green botton in reach ar?

Because it isn't an exact Reach copy?
Edited by Bobblehob on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 10:00 PM    Msg. 18 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: MMAMONSTERRR
Why does his AR has a little green botton, did you see green botton in reach ar?

lol

The green button is obviously a reference to Halo 1 and 3, which both had a green button on the assault rifle. Things dont always have to be perfectly the same ya know!!

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 10:18 PM    Msg. 19 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Gtfo, troll. You are deliberately trying to start a fight. IMO, cheddars' AR is better than anything I've seen from you.

Hey, you mad bro? I stated a fact, if you disagree fine, but I don't want to hear it, his AR is absolute crap and you know it. If you really want to continue to defend his sorry ass, go right ahead, but be ready to continue to receive crap from me about it.

Quote: Why does his AR has a little green botton, did you see green botton in reach ar?

Because it isn't an exact Reach copy?
Edited by Bobblehob on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM

like seriously bobble head just get over your self. my works better than your 3 shot fuel rod gun. i hate people that think there so awesome where there not...
Edited by Cheddars on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 10:22 PM    Msg. 20 of 38       
I know what this is about now. You are pissed that he didn't make the model. I bet that if he was the one who made that model you would be kissing his ass like you are doing with Veex atm.

Hahahaha, oh yes sir, because Veex hasn't shown his worth as an extremely advanced member of the community over and over again, so I definitely can't think that his work is superior. Cheddars on the other hand, not so much. If he had made the model or the skin, I wouldn't care, but since he made neither, and then expects people to love his work, I give him crap about it. So stop, in your own words, kissing his ass.

Quote:
like seriously bobble head just get over your self. my works better than your 3 shot fuel rod gun. i hate people that think there so awesome where there not...

Did I ever say I was? You wanted me to show you the work that I do, so I did. Simple as that.
Edited by Bobblehob on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 10:23 PM    Msg. 21 of 38       
ummm hes not kissing my ass and i didnt expect people to love my work. i just want critique but not flames from nubs like you
Edited by Cheddars on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 10:25 PM    Msg. 22 of 38       
You are both "nubs" in my eyes, so I suggest you drop it.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 10:25 PM    Msg. 23 of 38       
These look really good, I especially like the plasma rifle that can reload :D

but then, imo, the assault rifle's melee animation looks bad/ I don't like it.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 10:27 PM    Msg. 24 of 38       
Oops wait, actually decided to watch the video again and the melee animation is not my doing...
Edited by ODX on Jun 30, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 11:06 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       
Good work Veex. I think the scope on the sniper could use a little tweaking here and there, but other than that, looks good!

Edited by Sergeant 1337 on Jun 30, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 11:36 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
I think you should model in some parts of that pistol; it looks like the back relies way too much on the texturing. Just an opinion though.

and to all haters, of course it looks like Halo 3, it's the newest version of the H3MT magnum with different properties. But maybe I'll change the model sometime soon. When I was even worse at modeling, I made this out of it nearly a year ago.....http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/102225237-3.jpg

And keep it down, children. I would rather not have this thread locked.
Edited by Invader Veex on Jun 30, 2011 at 11:46 PM

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 12:45 AM    Msg. 27 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: MMAMONSTERRR

lol

The green button is obviously a reference to Halo 1 and 3, which both had a green button on the assault rifle. Things dont always have to be perfectly the same ya know!!

You two should read my signature!

@Veex, good start, but I think you should also model out the indentions as well around the red thing. I think it'd compliment the texture a lot better that way too, not to mention people are looking directly at it.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 01:48 AM    Msg. 28 of 38       
It's a node used for animating. It's most likely either the Frame_gun or for the small safety button.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 02:14 AM    Msg. 29 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4640/magnumn.jpg
Why does the pistol also have a little green button?

In other news...I have nothing to show at the moment. But I'm working on it, guys. I think you'll like what's coming, though.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 05:10 AM    Msg. 30 of 38       
plus you might not have ever done anything with weapon tags.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 03:10 PM    Msg. 31 of 38       
Haha, sorry. I've known it for so long that I think of it as common knowledge.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Jul 2, 2011 02:21 PM    Msg. 32 of 38       
Very nice work. I especially like the Plasma rifle and the AR. On the sniper, it looks like the ONLY thing you changed was the scope and the textures are ddarker. IMO, its not that great. The silenced pistol is pretty cool. I think for the normal pistol, you might wanna remodel it at least somewhat, (imo).

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jul 2, 2011 03:23 PM    Msg. 33 of 38       
Are the pistols different gameplay-wise or are they just visually different to accompany different maps?

Also, is it your screenshots or is everything besides the AR lower res?

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 11:15 AM    Msg. 34 of 38       
Hey guys, just here to say I will update again eventually. Not soon I'm afraid because I am currently in the hospital recovering from surgery because a vehicle crashed into the one I was driving and my skull was fractured. The surgery removed some of my brain and a titanium plate was attached to my head. Hopefully I will be home someday soon to continue this project.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 01:23 PM    Msg. 35 of 38       
you gonna be ok?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 4:48 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website