A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Brute v2 Hammer Melee

Author Topic: Brute v2 Hammer Melee (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

jameboy

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 03:05 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I'm trying to make an AI mod. I gave a cmt brute a gravity hammer (from the single player map uprising) and every time he melee's, his biped freezes and he dies shortly afterwords. I tried going into the model animations and tweaking, but nothing has worked thus yet. Any suggestions?
Edited by jameboy on Jul 4, 2011 at 03:09 PM

teh lag

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 05:14 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
The latest version of the Brutes' animations that I put together (see: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5666) does not have any hammer animations; if yours do then they're seriously ancient. I do know that depending on how the hammer was implemented AIs might not be able to use them correctly, since AI melees and player melees are in fact different animations and you can't easily pull off a "swing" for firing.

What weapon label does the hammer use, and are you sure it's supported by your version of the Brutes? If so, what label is it? Also check the melee animation slot in the weapon (not weapon label - like I said it's different for AIs) and make sure there's something there.

jameboy

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 08:41 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
I believe I ripped the brutes from the spv2 campaign beta last summer. The gravity hammer has the plasma rifle label, and im pretty sure the brutes should be able to use them. In uprising, they were able to melee the player with the hammer without freezing. The map is protected though and I have to use eternal lightning, so idk which biped tag is the brute. The brute has a melee animation in its slot too, so it confuses me very much that they keep freezing and dying.

teh lag

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 08:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Well, besides suggesting that you use the most recent version of the tags, I'd take a look at your hammer Brute's actor_variant and see if it's allowed to "fire" the weapon... that's my main suspicion: somehow the Brute is using the actual weapon swing and that's causing something to break.

jameboy

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 10:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
It works now! I downloaded the new brute tags you posted and they now melee without freezing. Must have been a setting in the biped or something or something messed up with the animations.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 7:13 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website