A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Script error

Author Topic: Script error (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

jameboy

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 03:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Im trying to implement the Time of Day option in my map now, so I copied a portion of the script from Coldsnap that has the option for this. When i try to compile, I get this error:

07.07.11 14:06:23 [tod line 3] the "print" call requires exactly 1 arguments.: (print condom removed)
07.07.11 14:06:23 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
07.07.11 14:06:23 [tod line 2] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (begin

This is the script I am using:
(script static void tod
(begin
(print condom removed)
(if
(=
(structure_bsp_index) 0)
(switch_bsp 1)
(switch_bsp 0))
(object_create_anew refresh1)
(object_create_anew refresh2)
(object_create_anew refresh3)
(if
(= gametype 1) tod)
(if
(= gametype 2) tod)
(if
(= gametype 3) tod)
(if
(= gametype 4) tod)
(print condom replaced)))

Is there another script I could use that would work for this?

Pepzee

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 05:15 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
I take it you want to activate night time via the UI. I just looked through the CMT scripts for Snow grove and here is how they changed the time:

(script static void timechange
(begin
(if
(=
(structure_bsp_index) 0)
(begin
(switch_bsp 1))
(if
(=
(structure_bsp_index) 1)
(begin
(switch_bsp 0))))))

(script continuous void sync_time
(begin
(if
(=
(unit_get_health bipedsync) 0.00)
(begin
(object_create_anew bipedsync)
(sleep 100)))))

(script continuous void sync_time2
(begin
(if
(=
(unit_get_health bipedsync) 0.00)
(begin
(object_teleport hog time1)
(sleep 50)))))

If this is for SP you don't need the last two scripts.

If there is no vehicles you don't need the last script.

This is just what I found and I haven't tested it to see if it works. You may need to modify parts of it to work. It may not even work, I don't know.

As for you current script, I cannot tell what's wrong with it. It needs some sort of argument, and I don't know what the command is for that.

Notice that you need two BSPs made for this, they need to be the exact same BSPs, just with different skys and lighting.
Edited by pepzee on Jul 7, 2011 at 05:17 PM

jameboy

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 11:48 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Its a multiplayer map with AI, and I found another script that works even better than that one. My only problem is that now when I try to compile, I get an error saying that there is not enough memory. :( Curse these limitations!!!

Pepzee

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 12:10 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: jameboy
Its a multiplayer map with AI, and I found another script that works even better than that one. My only problem is that now when I try to compile, I get an error saying that there is not enough memory. :( Curse these limitations!!!

Memory? Post the debug here.

As far as I know there is no space limits to scripts in Halo: CE. You could have a script that is one gigabyte large and it still should compile.

jameboy

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 12:56 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
No, i know its not the script. I mean a limit for the scenario size because I added a whole nother bsp and like 5 more Encounters under AI. It doesnt save anything in debug.txt but I get this error that says "Program too big to fit in memory" in tool.

Edited by jameboy on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Edited by jameboy on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Pepzee

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 01:12 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Ah, I wasn't sure if it was the scripts or not.

Just make sure that you have less that 128 megabytes in tags in order for it to compile.

You might need to remove some useless scenery or something.

jameboy

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 03:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
I removed a whole bunch of stuff from the scenario and Im still getting the "program too big to fit in memory" error....

Edit: I fixed that error, apparently i had placed soo many encounters under AI that it overloaded my tool_pro file, so I downloaded it again and now I am able to compile. I got rid of the switch bsp thing, because it will just overload my map. Now I am trying to have two UI options from the main menu to spawn an encounter that kills everybody. I got the widgets to work in game, and when i press the on button for them they spawn, but when i press the off button they dont dissapear and are still there. I put (ai_kill killers) and (ai_erase killers) in my script but still nothing. btw killers is the name of the encounter.
Edited by jameboy on Jul 8, 2011 at 05:31 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 3:50 AM 953 ms.
A Halo Maps Website