A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D )

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D ) (73 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Karima Narstrom

Galloping along the hilltop rode the Narstrom....

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 10:39 AM    Msg. 1 of 73       
So I've been working on a model of a Female Crew member, being a women myslef I figured I could give it a go with some amount of Success.

Anyways, Here she is, It's been a long hard amount of work getting her to look right, and it's going to be quite another getting her in game.
Ladies And Gentlemen, I give you...

Khajied!

Minor Issues, Noticed something up on her wrists, Dont know how much halo will like Pony Tails.

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 10:51 AM    Msg. 2 of 73       
Thank you Lod3x. :)

If her pony-tail is static (I might just remove it.) can it go in game? or could it be flexible like the flag

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 11:05 AM    Msg. 3 of 73       
You might be able to animate it with her walking animation, but I dont think you can do anything like the flag. Either way, it go ingame as long as it dosen't have collision and his just a texture I think.

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 11:15 AM    Msg. 4 of 73       
Alright, thanks much Higuy. I'm wondering what would look like with armor on

Ubergoober

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 01:01 PM    Msg. 5 of 73       
hawwwt

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 01:04 PM    Msg. 6 of 73       
xD Thank you.I dunno if I'll need help rigging, But once She's in game I'll put her on Halomaps for everyone. :)

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 01:56 PM    Msg. 7 of 73       
Looks good. Are you going to make a variation of her in Bridge or Engineering uniform or just marines? I look forward to seeing her in game and already have plans for use in the HCEC.

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 02:01 PM    Msg. 8 of 73       
I'll see what I can do. :D

Thanks Dennis.

I've got sevreal versions of with sevreal outfits, I have to upload them

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 03:18 PM    Msg. 9 of 73       
you don't think her....ermm... "chest" is a bit too large?

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 03:26 PM    Msg. 10 of 73       
I think she looks fine, I've seen far worse. Besides, It's not really that bad.
Keep in mind I'm not saying this to be a pervert at all but when I set out to create her this came out feeling the most natrual

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 03:32 PM    Msg. 11 of 73       
Her butt looks pretty big in comparison to the rest of her body. Maybe if you scaled that down it would look better.

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 03:39 PM    Msg. 12 of 73       
Edit, On second thought this is what I got in my school years, I think I'll keep her the way she is.

Besides, with the armor on you'll hardly notice any of it as she's pretty much naked right now modelwise, I just slapped a plugsuit texture on so I wouldnt have to upload a naked person.

Edited by Karima Narstrom on Jul 10, 2011 at 03:56 PM

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 04:48 PM    Msg. 13 of 73       
For the hair, I think you need to use a generally ponytail-shaped thing with a ponytail texture with alpha on it, sort of like the leaves on trees.

Proportions are still within acceptable-without-being-over-the-top limits, imo.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 05:55 PM    Msg. 14 of 73       
you can tell shes black... she's got an abnormal sized ass.

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 06:33 PM    Msg. 15 of 73       
Come on you guys, this is why no one ever makes women charecters for Halo CE. Just give it a rest ok? I thought it would be nice to contribute something and you guys all have to come and say "Oh derp she has a huge ass hur hur hur" You know what? She's a model. I can cnage that in a few minutes, now give it a rest would ya?

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 06:39 PM    Msg. 16 of 73       
Thanks power. :)

She hasnt changed at all, I dont know if I want to change her. In my eyes she's pretty and thats just my taste. Now you should see the men I model :P

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 06:48 PM    Msg. 17 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Karima Narstrom
Come on you guys, this is why no one ever makes women charecters for Halo CE.

It's rare for anyone to actually model a human in this community. It's always more spartans or some other random human [though I barely check the Biped WIP Thread]. To be honest I'd rather not see someone model a female since most people here are guys and it would not turn out pretty...
Quote: --- Original message by: Karima Narstrom
Just give it a rest ok? I thought it would be nice to contribute something and you guys all have to come and say "Oh derp she has a huge ass hur hur hur" You know what? She's a model. I can cnage that in a few minutes, now give it a rest would ya?
I don't know why you're taking such big offense to this, since you posted a thread which clearly states in the title that you "Need Crit" and so I gave you my critique which was that I honestly thought her butt is too large for her overall body proportions.
Edited by ODX on Jul 10, 2011 at 06:49 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 07:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 73       
Get rid of the ghetto ass! :( Nice and small bum please :)

Pepzee

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 07:21 PM    Msg. 19 of 73       
It's interesting how most f the criticism here is on her chest and butt. It says a lot on the type of people that make up the community.

I think she looks fine. But what I will say is to make her hair shorter, in the real navy women must have their hair short, as it may interfere with their ability in combat.

Same principal applies here, unless she's not meant for combat.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 07:31 PM    Msg. 20 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: pepzee
It's interesting how most of the criticism here is on her chest and butt. It says a lot on the type of people that make up the community.
Her face looks fine to me and the hair looks nice (though Halo CE will say otherwise...). Her chest seems alright as well. The only thing that really struck me was, unfortunately, what I've mentioned before.
I didn't think helping out with critique made me a pervert, I was just trying to offer my opinion but it seems to be backfiring as most of the community here have shown to be immature in response.

Quote: --- Original message by: Powerbot
You are attracted to men with flat asses?
No, I'm not.

Co1t3r

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 07:37 PM    Msg. 21 of 73       
The butt is indeed too big. It's just the truth, not some perverted sexual preference.

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 08:15 PM    Msg. 22 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
I honestly thought her butt is too large for her overall body proportions.

You are attracted to men with flat asses?

LOL! Best post of 2011! Congrats

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 08:36 PM    Msg. 23 of 73       
Then, I can safely say that you don't prefer women with large asses.
Your criticism is biased.
True, I do not prefer women with large behinds. I also do not prefer those skinny little sticks that society marks as "beautiful."

If you're honestly so curious, I like a girl with a bit of meat on her so my arms actually wrap around something when I hug them but not so huge like you seem to like, to the point that my hands don't even meet.
Edited by ODX on Jul 10, 2011 at 08:38 PM

SeanTheLawn

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 08:47 PM    Msg. 24 of 73       
Well this got weird fast

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 08:52 PM    Msg. 25 of 73       
>_>

darknesssamurai

It started with a Mew card and now I have all this

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 08:58 PM    Msg. 26 of 73       
the ponytail could be given the physics of a flag, which moves in the wind and flutters

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 09:36 PM    Msg. 27 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: SeanTheLawn
Well this got weird fast
Hormone fueled boys with no self control confusing inappropriate characterizations with an actual critique of the work. Ya think?

Keep it clean people, I know it's a subject your not use to dealing with in anything other than a crude fashion but if you are going to offer an actual critique then telling anyone or even characterizing the model as having a "big butt" is not the way to do it.

halo3n00b

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 10:45 PM    Msg. 28 of 73       
oh, nice model, this community has a minimal amount of biped modelers. maybe multiple skins for perms?
Edited by halo3n00b on Jul 10, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 01:49 AM    Msg. 29 of 73       
Looks a little unproportionate. could be her hair or donk causing an illusion but her arms seem short. You sure really dolled her up go for a more simplistic look plzxD. I haven't seen a female character in halo with that much make up and hair product. Btw have you seen link's cap in halo mods? well the one where it point horizontally. It's not a bad model but its a little too much.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 01:57 AM    Msg. 30 of 73       
alright. **weirdo part of ODST_Nick fires up**

Dat chick is HAWT. 100000/10

But her suit looks like one of those james bond spy suits. im guessing by the thread name, you want her to be a crew member. try putting her in a more POA crewsuit. and change her face jus... a little, and slighter bigger humps, and she'll be perfect. :3
Edited by ODST_Nick on Jul 11, 2011 at 01:58 AM

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 03:20 AM    Msg. 31 of 73       

I mainly worked on the shape of her body though I didn't work on the bewbies
I wish this was a side view pic but I worked with what was in front of me I think her hair should be laid on her back though(gravity)(maybe you spaced from the body temporary) and I made her tail not as much long with wavy strands(you can make her hair longer though I don't know why but it'll give a more mature look).
I also rounded off her butt.
This was the last picture I worked on

In this image, I made her hands an little bigger and her arms a little longer because it seemed short before I also changed her curvatures.

Same image as the first, but I split it in half so you can see that. I actually made 2 different curves.
The second one is a more mature look and the other has higher hips.

I would work on the face but there wasn't enough resolution. I think the face is okay just a bit of a raccoon mask going on there.

If you'd like to consider my suggestions, you can make an image layer over mine with yours and see the difference. I hope this all helps. You don't need to change everything just whatever you think is best for your product. Keep up the good work!

**NOTE** i did not focus on the elbow joints
Edited by Wesker on Jul 11, 2011 at 03:22 AM

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 05:53 AM    Msg. 32 of 73       
I dont care what your prefrence in Women is, When I made this model I was not expecting the only posts to be about her breasts, and honestly I'm a little disspointed. I don't care what your preference is in women- If you want something to your tastes then go model one. But like Dennis said- Grow up.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 06:00 AM    Msg. 33 of 73       
good to see a custom biped, i had been making one a while ago which hasn't been finished yet.
(working on other things has put it on hold right now).

Nickster5000

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 06:08 AM    Msg. 34 of 73       
I lold irl

Karima Narstrom

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 01:08 PM    Msg. 35 of 73       

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 7:54 AM 672 ms.
A Halo Maps Website