A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo:CEA some changes.

Page 5 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo:CEA some changes. (306 messages, Page 5 of 9)
Moderators: Dennis

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 09:13 PM    Msg. 141 of 306       
the only thing that i would like is rag-doll physics for the bipeds and that's it all the other physics and stuff the same with of coarse the graphics thing.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 09:14 PM    Msg. 142 of 306       
Dark, it is not switchback preventing them, it's their own cowardice of changing the game that is. Regardless if they had switchback or not, they wouldn't add the stuff we all want in.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 09:21 PM    Msg. 143 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Dark, it is not switchback preventing them, it's their own cowardice of changing the game that is. Regardless if they had switchback or not, they wouldn't add the stuff we all want in.

Eh, true enough. I guess if they wanted to, they probably could. But it's a smart/cowardly move on their part, mainly because they need to deliver a solid entry into the Halo gaming world.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 09:24 PM    Msg. 144 of 306       
lol i wasn't saying that it was limiting them i was stating my opinion.

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 10:58 PM    Msg. 145 of 306       
How is it cowardly of them? Its supposed to be a graphical remake of the original. Have you noticed over the years just how many people on this site have bitched and moaned about having CE with updated textures and models. Just look at the interest in SorrySoldOut's Texmod, and he is doing essentially the same thing that 343 is. Its not cowardice, its specifically meant to be the same game play that the original had, just with a graphical update and the ability to switch back to the same game.

Also take into account that this isn't meant specifically for the CE modding community either, meaning that its not made for people specifically who have played the game every day since it came out on PC :P

Masters1337

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 11:28 PM    Msg. 146 of 306       
SSO texture mod is a texture mod because he's a texture artist, he's not a full fledged game studio with the financial backing to do whatever they want. Don't forget, we're talking about a game studio that's yet to make a game, who's whole line of products so far have been received badly by the Halo community.

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 11:38 PM    Msg. 147 of 306       
SSO texture mod is a texture mod because he's a texture artist, he's not a full fledged game studio with the financial backing to do whatever they want. Don't forget, we're talking about a game studio that's yet to make a game, who's whole line of products so far have been received badly by the Halo community.

I wasn't saying that his texture mod was on par with a full sized game studio, I was only referencing the interest in his work, coming from the community :\

Also, 343 has made... almost nothing so far, and saying that any of it specifically has been badly received is a bit of a stretch. What line of products are you speaking of in the first place?

Masters1337

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 12:02 AM    Msg. 148 of 306       
Halo Legend, Forerunner books, basing Halo 4's story of what happens in the Forerunner books?

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 12:16 AM    Msg. 149 of 306       
Don't forget the Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack!

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 12:34 AM    Msg. 150 of 306       
Halo Legend, Forerunner books, basing Halo 4's story of what happens in the Forerunner books?

Hmm, Halo Legends, I enjoyed them, especially considering 343 did very little of the actual work, and I haven't seen massive protests or organized hate about them, most of the people I know enjoyed them as well. As far as the forerunner books are concerned... I don't know, but I haven't heard awful reviews and organized hate.

Also, I haven't read or heard any information about the plot of Halo 4 yet, and I am fairly certain that no definitive information has been released about it as of now.

@Rooster, there is nothing wrong with the Defiant Map Pack.
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM

DarkHalo003

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 02:50 PM    Msg. 151 of 306       

Halo Legends is a mixed case. I'll easily debate you on it having a negative vibe from the community.

However, I'm pissed that they okay'd Bear's atrocity of copying and pasting his only possible though train into Halo (pile of garbage, hate that horrid action) and Reach has been out for two years (maybe?) and they're already announcing Halo 4 for a release NEXT YEAR. Now that I can agree is bad of them.

And Bobble, they have the resources to do whatever they want to. They're just scared that the oldfolks of the Halo community will disown them, whatever that is worth. Screw entire nostalgia; if I wanted to play Halo 1, I would play Halo 1. At least they could mix it up a little with Boarding, destroyable vehicles, or, I don't know, upgraded physics and animations? I don't envision a remake to be a model/texture/filter swap. I envision a remake being what the game would be like with not only a model/texture/filter swap, but also updated animations, updated physics, and all the other possibilities that modern engines allow (within reason of course).

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 03:19 PM    Msg. 152 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

Halo Legends is a mixed case. I'll easily debate you on it having a negative vibe from the community.

However, I'm pissed that they okay'd Bear's atrocity of copying and pasting his only possible though train into Halo (pile of garbage, hate that horrid action) and Reach has been out for two years (maybe?) and they're already announcing Halo 4 for a release NEXT YEAR. Now that I can agree is bad of them.

And Bobble, they have the resources to do whatever they want to. They're just scared that the oldfolks of the Halo community will disown them, whatever that is worth. Screw entire nostalgia; if I wanted to play Halo 1, I would play Halo 1. At least they could mix it up a little with Boarding, destroyable vehicles, or, I don't know, upgraded physics and animations? I don't envision a remake to be a model/texture/filter swap. I envision a remake being what the game would be like with not only a model/texture/filter swap, but also updated animations, updated physics, and all the other possibilities that modern engines allow (within reason of course).

Once again, there has been no confirmation what so ever of what the plot of Halo 4 and subsequent Halo games will be.

As far as Legends is concerned, even if you could prove to me that everyone hates it, it still wouldn't make a difference, because 343 didn't actually produce them.

And finally, as far as the game goes, they said it was specifically made for fans of the original game. Simple as that, if you don't want the old game with the old gameplay, then go and play Reach, or 3. Once again, it is all a matter of taste in this case, some people want an updated version of the game with some of the fixes you are looking for, where as others want the original game with updated graphics, I personally am fine with what ever they want to make. To be honest, the original BSP's and encounters are not really suited for the changes the newer engines would allow for, specifically, vehicle jacking, (btw, remember that the covenant vehicles are already destructible).

Also take into account that if they had decided to upgrade animations/physics/game features, then there is a good chance they would have to rebuild most of the assets of the original game, as well as up the price considerably.
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 3, 2011 at 03:20 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 04:58 PM    Msg. 153 of 306       
Uh Bobble, as far as the reviews go on the book's (that I've read so far), everyone said they were horrible and a copy paste of some of Bear's older work.

And Halo Legends, 343 didn't even make any of that, all they did was pretty much provide support on the storys in them, and quite frankly that dosen't take a whole development team to do, more like a couple writers.

Oh and by the way, last I heard 343 wasn't doing a whole lot of the Halo Anniversary Remake either.

343 is what some people would call just a figure head that serves no purpose other than to organize other people to make things for them. They are making Halo 4 though apparently, so I guess we will have to use that before we can actually judge them truly.

So far though, I personally don't like them.

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 05:09 PM    Msg. 154 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Uh Bobble, as far as the reviews go on the book's (that I've read so far), everyone said they were horrible and a copy paste of some of Bear's older work.

And Halo Legends, 343 didn't even make any of that, all they did was pretty much provide support on the storys in them, and quite frankly that dosen't take a whole development team to do, more like a couple writers.

Oh and by the way, last I heard 343 wasn't doing a whole lot of the Halo Anniversary Remake either.

343 is what some people would call just a figure head that serves no purpose other than to organize other people to make things for them. They are making Halo 4 though apparently, so I guess we will have to use that before we can actually judge them truly.

Yeah, I haven't read the book so I really can't say... but I know for a fact that there has been absolutely no confirmation of any kind from 343 about the plot of Halo 4 so...

Fhajad034

Triblox.org's Spartanmander

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 05:17 PM    Msg. 155 of 306       
The book was a bit... odd. It felt like it was put together wrong in some places. I'd have to go through it again to give specifics, but that would be spoilerific. Maybe it's because the chapters were much too short... half a page at times.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 08:37 PM    Msg. 156 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

I was just trying to say that to my knowledge, 343 were the ones responsible for the Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack.

Masters1337

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 09:09 PM    Msg. 157 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Yeah, I haven't read the book so I really can't say... but I know for a fact that there has been absolutely no confirmation of any kind from 343 about the plot of Halo 4 so...

They said it at comic con

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 09:23 PM    Msg. 158 of 306       

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 09:24 PM    Msg. 159 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ro0ster

I was just trying to say that to my knowledge, 343 were the ones responsible for the Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack.

I think the map pack was made by another company, just overseen by 343.

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 09:25 PM    Msg. 160 of 306       
Hmm, I watched those panel videos, but I don't remember them confirming anything,

Also, new waypoint videos :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni9D7lxyG3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16LAohqD8jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wp4RXWo3C4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhfA6y7yyEk

New sounds for main weapons in CEA, judging by the titles, these are supposed to be updates for the SOUNDS ONLY, and mean nothing as far as the weapon models are concerned.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 10:06 PM    Msg. 161 of 306       
the plasma rifle anims are a little different

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 10:39 PM    Msg. 162 of 306       
They look the same to me, and if they look the same to me well...then they're the same.

The only difference that might be throwing you off is Anniversary's is lacking the overheat particles so it looks bland and "different."

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 10:48 PM    Msg. 163 of 306       
ok they're the same they just added the extra hatch locking sounds.

Bobblehob

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 01:22 AM    Msg. 164 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
They look the same to me, and if they look the same to me well...then they're the same.

The only difference that might be throwing you off is Anniversary's is lacking the overheat particles so it looks bland and "different."

I doubt they are just going to leave it like that :P Particles wise that is.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 02:35 AM    Msg. 165 of 306       
I hope not. If HCE engine can do amazing particle stuff to this standard, then HCEA should do it more amazingly to an even higher standard.

sikorsky14

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 02:49 AM    Msg. 166 of 306       
here is an update on Halo: CEA sounds, the games looking and sounding a lot better rocket launcher may be place holder but ignore everything but the sounds in these videos.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-8311-/138375

DarkHalo003

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 11:54 AM    Msg. 167 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX

I doubt they'll leave something as obvious as that unfixed. The video is for sound really.

Digging these new sounds though.

abkarch

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 04:41 PM    Msg. 168 of 306       
What do you guys think of this? It would be pretty easy for them to do (you all here know what im saying, all they have to do is swap sounds models collision and all that stuff...no redoing anything) (thats my thread)
http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/18061.aspx
Edited by abkarch on Aug 4, 2011 at 04:41 PM

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 04:31 AM    Msg. 169 of 306       

Dark Neon

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 04:49 AM    Msg. 170 of 306       
I still wish they would curl the damn fingers on the biped models.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 09:49 PM    Msg. 171 of 306       
lol yea. so i just finished a book and it turns out that the flood is a precursor bioweapon. who would've thought?

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 03:00 AM    Msg. 172 of 306       
the forerunners rose up against the precursors and wiped them out. before that the precursors made the flood but at first it was just a powder the humans found on ancient ships that they tested on animals and seemed safe. then it slowly mutated into the flood.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 02:06 PM    Msg. 173 of 306       
they're the beings that came before the forerunners. they made the forerunners and humans then the forerunners killed them all.

ThetianSoldier

Keyboard not found! Press any key to continue...

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 03:09 PM    Msg. 174 of 306       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
*snip*, magazine scan

I love the new armor; vast improvement over the original trailer.
Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14
lol yea. so i just finished a book and it turns out that the flood is a precursor bioweapon. who would've thought?

source?

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 08:52 PM    Msg. 175 of 306       
Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear. i liked the story and it makes me a little more anxious to see the new terminals.

Page 5 of 9 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 27, 2020 5:53 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website