A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »lmt first map pack

Author Topic: lmt first map pack (35 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

LMT Heretic

There are mysteries, that should remain hidden...

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 01:55 AM    Msg. 1 of 35       
me and lmt isaac ive been working on several maps right now i am finishing the details of the maps and possible moded weapons such as a plasma Grenade launcher similar in function to the plasma launcher but less powerfull and alternative sniper rifle
among the maps we will release in the near future, there are a blood gulch variant
,a chill out variant,and to damnation varients
here is the last version and current of the bloodgulch varient
http://www.xfire.com/video/4aadfc/
and a old vid i take using the chill out varient as ai and vehicle test map
http://www.xfire.com/video/4494d3/
And well in other moment i will upload avid of the versions of the damnation ,hope you like my maps and all the credits are for those who make the models ,effects huds,bipeds vehicles and weapons and for bungie
and yes i said map pack but all the vids i got are frome the same maps or attempt of singleplayers
hope that you enjoy them

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:00 AM    Msg. 2 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic

among the maps we will release in the near future, there are a blood gulch variant

here is the last version and current of the bloodgulch varient

*Hiss*

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:05 AM    Msg. 3 of 35       
You could get a bit more in-depth when trying to show things off. What does the needle gun do? Why is that Spectre green?

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:27 AM    Msg. 4 of 35       
well the needle gun its a basic attempt to make the needle rifle that was a rough model make by my modeler lmt isaac he currently has succesfully make a needle rifle that is similar to halo reach one and the green spectre its aheavy variant that shot plasma bolts similar to those of the wraith from cmt spv2
the plasma grenade launcher shots red grenade projectiles tha explode and make damage into the subject similar to the fuel rod gun projectile
kestrel and gauss hog rockets are now affected by gravity useful to destroy enemies hidden in the caves
banshee its destructible as the kestrel
what else...
the map will work on any game type
the final version of the map will have the new version of the needle rifle
and well i didnt make a good presentation because it is late in my home country and i want to show some videos of the maps before i go offline to have an idea of how you may want it to be or if it like to the people of the forum

Echo77

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:38 AM    Msg. 5 of 35       
I think the Fuel Grenade Launcher is a bit.... meh. The projectiles don't look right when they stick to things. Maybe have it fire a red homing Plasma Grenade, similar to the Plasma Launcher?

TehArtyom

:)

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:46 AM    Msg. 6 of 35       
LMT Sucks

DeathKillsPro

Sometimes things get complialeoanef3oan3f

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:48 AM    Msg. 7 of 35       
That stuff looks so good, way better then what CMT and all the other "elite" teams do. Release the bloodgulch mod please? Those are my favrite.

DeathKillsPro

Sometimes things get complialeoanef3oan3f

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:59 AM    Msg. 8 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
What... The... Hell.... is wrong with you?

CMT is possibly- no... WAS! The BEST team around. Too bad they fell. Now this crappy imposter CMT team is up.

CMT just pretends to be all elite and better then the average halo modder but dont understand the basic concepts of modding. The new CMT is like the sarah palin of halo modding. they are the guys who get stuff done around here and actually know dont think their better then every one else.

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 03:05 AM    Msg. 9 of 35       
first thanks for your support death and the release will be immediately as for the needle rifle v.2 its finish as to be presented to the public
2. do not insult the team we are rookies in all of this mod/mapping so you shouldnt criticize us right now ,instead why dont you dou what echo did pointing my fails during the creation
of this topic
3. i have to agree with gold killa i hardly think that someone will achieve what cmt did during its origins because right know the god modelers and hud makers are working on themselves or leaving halo or doing other projects so i doubt that someone will do what cmt did in a few months or years

and please dont say nothing offensive or something that other persons can found as offensive

Bobblehob

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 03:13 AM    Msg. 10 of 35       
Looks like it needs a ton more polishing in general. Got some neat ideas, but so far the implementation is kind of sketchy :P

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 03:18 AM    Msg. 11 of 35       
yeah im not sure if use the heavy spectre or the cheedars ghost or a modified plasma mortar
and in the final version there is no going to be any ai right know its for test weapons such as needle rifle and plasma grenade launcher

Echo77

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 03:24 AM    Msg. 12 of 35       
yeah im not sure if use the heavy spectre

I think I kinda like the idea of a Heavy Spectre. The Spectre is supposed to be their counterpart to the 'Hog, right? So this green one could be like the Covenant equivalent of the UNSC Rocket 'Hog. I'd say make the turret fire fuel rods, and has to cool down after three shots.

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 03:28 AM    Msg. 13 of 35       
yes,thats a great idea i will do it and change the projectile because the bolt its to big for the turret so i will do like i did with the fuel rod projectile use the cmt plasma pistol overcharge and make it affected by gravity and less powerfull any other advice or idea that i could use?

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 07:01 AM    Msg. 14 of 35       
im a derp and i was drunk dont worry
Edited by Cheddars on Jul 21, 2011 at 09:24 AM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 02:29 PM    Msg. 15 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeathKillsPro
CMT just pretends to be all elite and better then the average halo modder but dont understand the basic concepts of modding.
I was actually part of the original CMT (even though I only did like 4 background things) and I believe I understand every division of halo fairly well.. by the fact I have to use models and animations to get some of scripts to trigger correctly, the tags that obviously go with them, etc. idk.. but you know, if you say I don't know anything, I feel that it would be a rather large insult to those who have yet to learn as much as I have, because that means they are even lower + have an even longer way to go until they reach their goals...

they are the guys who get stuff done around here and actually know dont think their better then every one else.

How does ability and knowledge suddenly slip into delays, laziness, and pride?
I accept that im a lazy fatass. I may not get anything done because of this laziness, but I still explain what the process is to anyone who wants to do it themselves. If I explain the process to others, does that really mean I think less of them? I tell them because I believe that another may be able to accomplish it. Since they are not me and I am not them, I explain my whole though process I had; not to belittle them, but to help them understand me and how I decided these things. I'll probably give you a better explanation in a IM program than on the forums though, since you can more readily respond to the information im giving you.

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 08:47 PM    Msg. 16 of 35       
heres is a pic of the current version of the needle rifle not the best but right know its all we have

hope you like but...
i must ask what do you think about the heavy or green spectre and the gauss cannon
also how do i choose the pick up icon to fix them ingame ?
Edited by LMT Heretic on Jul 21, 2011 at 08:47 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 08:49 PM    Msg. 17 of 35       
Nice rifle!

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 08:51 PM    Msg. 18 of 35       
yes its possible one of the best needle rifles in halomaps forum at least the 3rd or 4th

Cransalad

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 11:03 PM    Msg. 19 of 35       
http://www.xfire.com/video/4aadfc/
and a old vid i take using the chill out varient as ai and vehicle test map
http://www.xfire.com/video/4494d3/

Your map pack looks really good man. Also, can u like put like a lazer gun like sentinel beam it would be like a power weapon
Edited by Cransalad on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:03 PM

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 11:09 PM    Msg. 20 of 35       
sure but i am currently waiting for the final fp to the needle rifle and to the plasma repeator make by isaac and i already have the needle rifle model i will put ingame in a few minutes
http://www.xfire.com/video/4abca8/
that is a map update
http://www.xfire.com/video/4abc8a/
and that one its a vid to show the advantages of the gauss cannon in a bombing due to arc it makes

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 02:35 AM    Msg. 21 of 35       
yes its possible one of the best needle rifles in halomaps forum at least the 3rd or 4th

Yeah the best converted sketchup mOdel

Echo77

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 02:50 AM    Msg. 22 of 35       
sure but i am currently waiting for the final fp to the needle rifle and to the plasma repeator make by isaac and i already have the needle rifle model i will put ingame in a few minutes
http://www.xfire.com/video/4abca8/
that is a map update
http://www.xfire.com/video/4abc8a/
and that one its a vid to show the advantages of the gauss cannon in a bombing due to arc it makes

For a Blood Gulch mod, it doesn't seem all that bad. I think you should make the fuel rod turret have the same amount of arc as the gauss cannon, though, and maybe give both of them a grenade launcher-style reticle, like on the Brute Shot.

The Kestral might be a bit overpowered, especially in comparison to the Banshee. Give the chaingun a slower rate of fire (comparable to the Banshee's plasma cannons) and replace the tank cannon with either an unguided rocket or a carpet bomb feature (drops four rockets straight down).
Edited by Echo77 on Jul 22, 2011 at 02:57 AM

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 07:21 AM    Msg. 23 of 35       
That stuff looks so good, way better then what CMT and all the other "elite" teams do. Release the bloodgulch mod please? Those are my favrite.

You, go get an operation from an unqualified brain surgeon. Now.

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 09:54 AM    Msg. 24 of 35       
Nice. I did download all your maps but I never took the time to play them all. Now that all my .map files are gone, which one of your releases are the best in your opinion?
-Zekilk

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 10:45 PM    Msg. 25 of 35       
well i would sa that none because all my favorite maps moded by my own have never seen the forum (except the lmt station lmt Zanzibar and some other crappy maps xD)
well look
http://www.xfire.com/video/4acb82/
that video its from a map i made a will ago its the chill out reshadered with halo 3 and a modified carbine
http://www.xfire.com/video/4acb8e/
and this its and update version of the bloodgulch mod (need to fix the kestrel weapon,and the arc of the heavy spectre (green version)
and tell me about any map that you think should be moded
i will be uploading the map files tomorrow and please give me ideas to mod maps that you think i could make it better
Edited by LMT Heretic on Jul 22, 2011 at 11:11 PM

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 04:19 AM    Msg. 26 of 35       
Perhaps... Hmm. You could mod sidewinder or Ice Fields... that'd actually be good. Mod Ice Fields. Have it so that you can have Hornets and Shees...

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 03:39 PM    Msg. 27 of 35       
well i have already mod the sidewinder and make it into something similar to spring winder so all i will change its the weapons vehicles and scenery and post a vid but right now please tell me what can i change from the bloodgulch mod and what do i left in the beta

Echo77

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 05:11 PM    Msg. 28 of 35       
What about making new variants of the Scorpion for a tank warfare map?

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 06:39 PM    Msg. 29 of 35       
well it is a good idea i will use it but the thing would be which map use
maybe it will be sidewinder and tank and aircraft warfare map but right now i dont know what changes to make
this map is lmt Generator
mod of hangemhigh
http://www.xfire.com/video/4ad677/
and an update of lmt bloodgulch
http://www.xfire.com/video/4ad687/

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 09:52 PM    Msg. 30 of 35       
Niec gulch. It will make a very good map. Cept for the Needle Rifle. Needs work.

Hangemhigh... looks lot like normal hangemhigh. Are therre gonna be any gameplay changes other than weps?

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 24, 2011 05:32 PM    Msg. 31 of 35       
yes there will be i am maybe going to add turrets but i am not sure
well the release of the maps will be on the next friday right now isaac its working on multiplayer maps new bsp etc etc and plasma repeator and needle rifle model

Cransalad

Posted: Jul 24, 2011 06:15 PM    Msg. 32 of 35       
Hey LMT Heretic is the dmr going to be stronger?, because on the maps lmt_powerhouse and hangemhigh the dmr took 12 head shots to kill.

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 24, 2011 06:18 PM    Msg. 33 of 35       
yes it going to be as powerful as the pistol that i have to fix it ihave make my own version of those maps isaac didnt knew how powerful its the dmr

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 04:20 AM    Msg. 34 of 35       
CAn't help noticing that you still do not have spaces in your map.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5803

-Zekilk

LMT Heretic

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 10:53 AM    Msg. 35 of 35       
fixed now all i need to do its add to wait isaac to finish the new Fp the plasma repeator and fix the grenade gun

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun March 29, 2020 8:58 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website