A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside!

Page 300 of 301 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 294 · 295 · 296 · 297 · 298 · 299 · [300] · 301 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! (10525 messages, Page 300 of 301)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.


Posted: Jan 9, 2017 02:37 PM    Msg. 10466 of 10525       
I've never liked that shotgun tbh every thing else looks decent. Also not sad for the loss of the knights.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Jan 9, 2017 09:11 PM    Msg. 10467 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Also not sad for the loss of the knights.

Ditto


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 6, 2017 01:29 PM    Msg. 10468 of 10525       
I feel as though I am unworthy to be in the same thread as a developer whose more compatant (and possibly better looking) than those at 343. But I come to you with but one request from a long-time yet nooby Halo player with the hopes your humble humbleness will at least respond to with a honest answer: bring back the easy dificulty, Im terrible at Halo considering Ive been playing for 12 years now.


TheHaloKnight
Joined: Jun 11, 2015


Posted: Mar 6, 2017 01:43 PM    Msg. 10469 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED
I feel as though I am unworthy to be in the same thread as a developer whose more compatant (and possibly better looking) than those at 343. But I come to you with but one request from a long-time yet nooby Halo player with the hopes your humble humbleness will at least respond to with a honest answer: bring back the easy dificulty, Im terrible at Halo considering Ive been playing for 12 years now.

The normal difficulty is pretty easy.


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 6, 2017 02:29 PM    Msg. 10470 of 10525       
Is there any official release date for part 2?


SBB_Michelle
Joined: Nov 4, 2015

Dumb, sometimes..


Posted: Mar 6, 2017 02:43 PM    Msg. 10471 of 10525       
Easy difficulty is replaced with a difficulty harder than legendary. You can only have 4 difficulties in CE.


lolslayer
Joined: Mar 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU


Posted: Mar 6, 2017 03:02 PM    Msg. 10472 of 10525       
Is this a new negan?


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 6, 2017 03:13 PM    Msg. 10473 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Is this a new negan?


What?


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 6, 2017 06:48 PM    Msg. 10474 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED
Is there any official release date for part 2?


This summer.

As far as Easy coming back, SPV3 is geared more towards people familiar with the franchise, and Noble difficulty has been something people have sunk countless hours into which to me outweighs any benefits of having an easy difficulty. Normal isn't that hard for anyone experienced with the series.


Halonimator
Joined: Dec 15, 2014

Halo5gsucks.com


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 02:28 AM    Msg. 10475 of 10525       
There many problems with this mod... ugh...


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 03:42 AM    Msg. 10476 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
There many problems with this mod... ugh...

List them.


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 10:33 AM    Msg. 10477 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED
Is there any official release date for part 2?


This summer.

As far as Easy coming back, SPV3 is geared more towards people familiar with the franchise, and Noble difficulty has been something people have sunk countless hours into which to me outweighs any benefits of having an easy difficulty. Normal isn't that hard for anyone experienced with the series.


So humble. Thanks man, I should probably just invest in a better computer. I think most of my problems come from lag. Also yay summer isnt to far away by time standards. If your going by weather we are never seing this game.


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 12:01 PM    Msg. 10478 of 10525       
You can always do the -no_os-gfx shortcut addon to disable advanced graphical features. Then set your textures to low and your game resolution low as well. I've run the mod on 150$ computers with decent fps that way.


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 12:42 PM    Msg. 10479 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
You can always do the -no_os-gfx shortcut addon to disable advanced graphical features. Then set your textures to low and your game resolution low as well. I've run the mod on 150$ computers with decent fps that way.


Is that using the devmode console?


altis94
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 03:00 PM    Msg. 10480 of 10525       
You can add it by right clicking halo's shortcut, going to properties and writing -no_os-gfx after target. (I think)


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 03:08 PM    Msg. 10481 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
There many problems with this mod... ugh...

List them.


1. It's better than mine.


CHRISPOCALYP5E
Joined: Jan 26, 2017

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 04:27 PM    Msg. 10482 of 10525       
Ok I just want to share an insight from a LASO master here...

When I want to enjoy a casual stroll on normal through CMT SPV3 it feels almost as brutal as legendary.

There is something in SPV3 that feels a little overwhelming. I can't tell if it is just the damage output, certain weapons, certain actors BUT SOMETHING feels like it makes the campaign a little overwhelming...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:32 PM


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

Hanging in there by a thread


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 05:33 PM    Msg. 10483 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E

Ok I just want to share an insight from a LASO master here...

When I want to enjoy a casual stroll on normal through CMT SPV3 it feels almost as brutal as legendary.

There is something in SPV3 that feels a little overwhelming. I can't tell if it is just the damage output, certain weapons, certain actors BUT SOMETHING feels like it makes the campaign a little overwhelming...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:32 PM


SPV3 seems to have been designed for overwhelming difficultly, and little or no regard for each missions intended purpose. Which is unfortunate, but I don't see it changing. At least it's fairly pretty most of the time I suppose.


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 7, 2017 07:05 PM    Msg. 10484 of 10525       
Oh there is plenty of regard for each missions intended purpose. While it was built primarily around legendary, we had testers who only played on normal as well.

If you guys have further feedback as to what makes it so much harder than stock game on normal, I'd love to hear it. Given the expanded sandbox, it will always be inherently more difficult as there are more layers of complexity. But every enemy weapon was built around the core killtimes of the PR, PP, Needler which are unchanged from the original game vs the player.


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 8, 2017 10:35 AM    Msg. 10485 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Oh there is plenty of regard for each missions intended purpose. While it was built primarily around legendary, we had testers who only played on normal as well.

If you guys have further feedback as to what makes it so much harder than stock game on normal, I'd love to hear it. Given the expanded sandbox, it will always be inherently more difficult as there are more layers of complexity. But every enemy weapon was built around the core killtimes of the PR, PP, Needler which are unchanged from the original game vs the player.


I got the lag down, and it was so much easier! thank you so much! I got the banshee on Control room and just, just wrecked everyone. But all the weapons are balanced, and when you get the lag down it seems perfect as long you dont act like an idiot when you go into battle. And as much as I would like the scope on the grenade AR, I understand the balancing. Also, the AR, is just, the best. Ever. Of all time. Bravo, CMT, bravo! Cant wait for 2 betrayals! The only real problem I find is the inaccuracy of the grizzly cannons, was this intentional or just an unlooked mistake? I wish to snipe all the scrubs with my double barreled tank. I need to edit less. but here is a picture of funny from your all American fan-boy: <img src="https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPif8TYhEQqI9la4qFFzPPbEhdr1TUJydq2TEzDp8vObIqUfwz" alt="Image result for usa freedom memes"/> The link doesnt work. Like [insert political joke here].
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 02:55 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.


Posted: Mar 8, 2017 04:51 PM    Msg. 10486 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Oh there is plenty of regard for each missions intended purpose. While it was built primarily around legendary, we had testers who only played on normal as well.

If you guys have further feedback as to what makes it so much harder than stock game on normal, I'd love to hear it. Given the expanded sandbox, it will always be inherently more difficult as there are more layers of complexity. But every enemy weapon was built around the core killtimes of the PR, PP, Needler which are unchanged from the original game vs the player.


I got the lag down, and it was so much easier! thank you so much! I got the banshee on Control room and just, just wrecked everyone. But all the weapons are balanced, and when you get the lag down it seems perfect as long you dont act like an idiot when you go into battle. And as much as I would like the scope on the grenade AR, I understand the balancing. Also, the AR, is just, the best. Ever. Of all time. Bravo, CMT, bravo! Cant wait for 2 betrayals! The only real problem I find is the inaccuracy of the grizzly cannons, was this intentional or just an unlooked mistake? I wish to snipe all the scrubs with my double barreled tank. I need to edit less. but here is a picture of funny from your all American fan-boy: <img src="https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPif8TYhEQqI9la4qFFzPPbEhdr1TUJydq2TEzDp8vObIqUfwz" alt="Image result for usa freedom memes"/> The link doesnt work. Like [insert political joke here].


This forum operates on BB Code. To present images correctly you need to add a "[ img ]" descriptor before the link and a further "[ /img ]" descriptor (without quotes and spaces) after the link in order for your images to actually display.


Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 8, 2017 at 04:52 PM
Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 8, 2017 at 04:53 PM


not m00kz
Joined: Feb 21, 2017

are you pecking kidding me


Posted: Mar 8, 2017 05:09 PM    Msg. 10487 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
There many problems with this mod... ugh...


hay mas incorrecto con tu vida Hanalimator

Edited by not m00kz on Mar 8, 2017 at 05:10 PM


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 8, 2017 05:16 PM    Msg. 10488 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Oh there is plenty of regard for each missions intended purpose. While it was built primarily around legendary, we had testers who only played on normal as well.

If you guys have further feedback as to what makes it so much harder than stock game on normal, I'd love to hear it. Given the expanded sandbox, it will always be inherently more difficult as there are more layers of complexity. But every enemy weapon was built around the core killtimes of the PR, PP, Needler which are unchanged from the original game vs the player.


I got the lag down, and it was so much easier! thank you so much! I got the banshee on Control room and just, just wrecked everyone. But all the weapons are balanced, and when you get the lag down it seems perfect as long you dont act like an idiot when you go into battle. And as much as I would like the scope on the grenade AR, I understand the balancing. Also, the AR, is just, the best. Ever. Of all time. Bravo, CMT, bravo! Cant wait for 2 betrayals! The only real problem I find is the inaccuracy of the grizzly cannons, was this intentional or just an unlooked mistake? I wish to snipe all the scrubs with my double barreled tank. I need to edit less. but here is a picture of funny from your all American fan-boy: <img src="https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPif8TYhEQqI9la4qFFzPPbEhdr1TUJydq2TEzDp8vObIqUfwz" alt="Image result for usa freedom memes"/> The link doesnt work. Like [insert political joke here].
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 8, 2017 at 02:55 PM


We wanted to retain all vehicles being inaccurate like the original game, as vehicle combat works better when people are forced to get in close. Sniping is not what tanks are for. That said, we made some changes for the 3.1 release so that the first shot from the grizzly is more accurate.


Halonimator
Joined: Dec 15, 2014

Halo5gsucks.com


Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:06 PM    Msg. 10489 of 10525       
Dear Not_mooks:

At least my draws and 2d animations arent ugly and tarded. Go to school and learn how to draw and animate before you critic a better modder.
-The legendary Halonimator
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:08 PM


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 06:23 AM    Msg. 10490 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Dear Not_mooks:

At least my draws and 2d animations arent ugly and tarded. Go to school and learn how to draw and animate before you critic a better modder.
-The legendary Halonimator

I hope you're not this autistic when speaking to people face to face.


OrangeJuice
Joined: Jan 29, 2009

I laugh at people who put STUDIO in their names.


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 07:02 AM    Msg. 10491 of 10525       
I want to see them (am a paper & raster animator)

P.S, I'll never waste money on art school. Internet, Libraries, YouTube, and VidMe exist. Because of this, I vehemently question whether spending money on a muscle-mem skillset is a smart business move.


---- ---- ---- ----

So what made y'all change your minds and make the red plasma pistol shoot fireballs instead of acting like a shotgun ?

I'm kind of torn between which version of it I like, On one hand I loved the overcharge shotgun version, on the other? I love setting people on fire with the current version of it.

Where can I get the old one? I want to make it so that the overcharge effect can be changed by a button press between Flak-mode and Napalm-mode. I would love that ! !

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll make my own, I'm getting tired of halo copycat tags xD
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 9, 2017 at 08:22 AM


Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 08:05 AM    Msg. 10492 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Dear Not_mooks:

At least my draws and 2d animations arent ugly and tarded. Go to school and learn how to draw and animate before you critic a better modder.
-The legendary Halonimator
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:08 PM





Banshee64
Joined: Dec 4, 2012

oify


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 09:02 AM    Msg. 10493 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Dear Not_mooks:

At least my draws and 2d animations arent ugly and tarded. Go to school and learn how to draw and animate before you critic a better modder.
-The legendary Halonimator
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:08 PM



http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/017/215/Ironic._My_stupid_attempt_at_a_new_meme._I_tried_4bafa6_3552920.jpg


nice good meme my good meem friend, can you tell a pal how to download custom map team modified single player version 2? thanks again my good pal


not m00kz
Joined: Feb 21, 2017

are you pecking kidding me


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 10:20 AM    Msg. 10494 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
At least my draws and 2d animations arent ugly and tarded. Go to school and learn how to draw and animate before you critic a better modder.




i f'd the horns but w/e

here let me help you out my dude

http://drawabox.com/lesson/1

but hey could you help me out with my music theory dude?

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

I want to see them (am a paper & raster animator)

P.S, I'll never waste money on art school. Internet, Libraries, YouTube, and VidMe exist. Because of this, I vehemently question whether spending money on a muscle-mem skillset is a smart business move.


i've asked an ex-animation teacher if art school is worth it. his answer was (and I'm paraphrasing):

"There are definitely things to be taken from art school, it's a more focused environment. But there's nothing you can't learn from the sum of human knowledge known as the internet. If it fits your budget, I.E. you don't have to take out loans, go for it. Otherwise, I can't recommend it."

Edited by not m00kz on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 11:10 AM    Msg. 10495 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Oh there is plenty of regard for each missions intended purpose. While it was built primarily around legendary, we had testers who only played on normal as well.

If you guys have further feedback as to what makes it so much harder than stock game on normal, I'd love to hear it. Given the expanded sandbox, it will always be inherently more difficult as there are more layers of complexity. But every enemy weapon was built around the core killtimes of the PR, PP, Needler which are unchanged from the original game vs the player.


I got the lag down, and it was so much easier! thank you so much! I got the banshee on Control room and just, just wrecked everyone. But all the weapons are balanced, and when you get the lag down it seems perfect as long you dont act like an idiot when you go into battle. And as much as I would like the scope on the grenade AR, I understand the balancing. Also, the AR, is just, the best. Ever. Of all time. Bravo, CMT, bravo! Cant wait for 2 betrayals! The only real problem I find is the inaccuracy of the grizzly cannons, was this intentional or just an unlooked mistake? I wish to snipe all the scrubs with my double barreled tank. I need to edit less. but here is a picture of funny from your all American fan-boy: <img src="https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPif8TYhEQqI9la4qFFzPPbEhdr1TUJydq2TEzDp8vObIqUfwz" alt="Image result for usa freedom memes"/> The link doesnt work. Like [insert political joke here].


This forum operates on BB Code. To present images correctly you need to add a "[ img ]" descriptor before the link and a further "[ /img ]" descriptor (without quotes and spaces) after the link in order for your images to actually display.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPif8TYhEQqI9la4qFFzPPbEhdr1TUJydq2TEzDp8vObIqUfwz
Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 8, 2017 at 04:52 PM
Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 8, 2017 at 04:53 PM


AH, thank you. Also to master(insert numbers here) that makes sense. also, not a complaint, but the first time I git EMPed by a jackle caught me completeley off gaurd, how did you get that in the game?
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 9, 2017 at 11:14 AM


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 11:48 AM    Msg. 10496 of 10525       
It's a regular stock behavior, nothing new on our part for the jackals.


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 01:28 PM    Msg. 10497 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's a regular stock behavior, nothing new on our part for the jackals.

I thought the EMP being able to disable vehicles wasn't in halo ce. wasnt that introduced in H3? sorry i forgot to mention i was in a banshee and it disabled my banshee

Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 9, 2017 at 02:39 PM


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 9, 2017 02:37 PM    Msg. 10498 of 10525       
EMP has always been a thing in Halo, but the ability to disable vehicles was first in H3 yes. Basically a script checks to see if the vehicles shield is active, and if it isn't then it disables the vehicles power. The shield is not visible to the player, think sort of how the jackal has a shield but you can damage it's health directly. This is one of the features we were only able to add in with open sauce, and is needed in order to take full advantage of board and balancing out the more massive vehicle encounters.


CLASSIFIED
Joined: Jan 31, 2016

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male


Posted: Mar 10, 2017 10:39 AM    Msg. 10499 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
EMP has always been a thing in Halo, but the ability to disable vehicles was first in H3 yes. Basically a script checks to see if the vehicles shield is active, and if it isn't then it disables the vehicles power. The shield is not visible to the player, think sort of how the jackal has a shield but you can damage it's health directly. This is one of the features we were only able to add in with open sauce, and is needed in order to take full advantage of board and balancing out the more massive vehicle encounters.


I think i found a bug: the grenade version of the assault rifle cant pick up ammo from a standard assault rifle. Haven't tried it with the BR, but i'm assuming it would be the same situation, also the light bridge on AOTCR is glitched and you might fall through if drive the tank wrong. Sorry if i seem to nitpick. But it still has less bugs then MCC.
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 10, 2017 at 10:48 AM


altis94
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger


Posted: Mar 10, 2017 03:18 PM    Msg. 10500 of 10525       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED
I think i found a bug: the grenade version of the assault rifle cant pick up ammo from a standard assault rifle.

Those are two different weapons. In Halo CE you can only pick up ammo from the same type of weapon, doesn't matter if they are identical.

 
Page 300 of 301 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 294 · 295 · 296 · 297 · 298 · 299 · [300] · 301 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Sun March 26, 2017 10:56 AM 1,750 ms.
A Halo Maps Website