A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside!

Page 301 of 303 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 296 · 297 · 298 · 299 · 300 · [301] · 302 · 303 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! (10579 messages, Page 301 of 303)
Moderators: Dennis

CLASSIFIED

The Unashamed White Straight Conservative Male

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 02:40 PM    Msg. 10501 of 10579       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED
I think i found a bug: the grenade version of the assault rifle cant pick up ammo from a standard assault rifle.

Those are two different weapons. In Halo CE you can only pick up ammo from the same type of weapon, doesn't matter if they are identical.[/quote

AH, i see. also the gungoose is just awesome. Take notes 343.

MEGA_VKNG

Now retired from CE, enjoy DW! https://goo.gl/1Bup

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 07:35 PM    Msg. 10502 of 10579       
They did. It's called the gungoose.

Skidrow925

Arrested Pvt. -1st Class

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 07:44 PM    Msg. 10503 of 10579       
I still don't understand what's appealing about the gungoose. I guess its a neat concept, having weapons on a single occupant light vehicle, but aesthetically and mechanically, it just doesn't make any sense, and having two ARs just kind of "on there" looks positively silly

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 07:47 PM    Msg. 10504 of 10579       
It's brings a different type of movement to vehicle combat and other vehicles. The decision to have the ARG attached to it was to communicate how powerful its weapons are, something h2a and h5 both failed to communicate. We could have done it better visually I suppose, but on a project this size you have to do things and move onto the next task quickly and do the next thing better if you messed up on the previous, unless that failure is particularly egregious.

Skidrow925

Arrested Pvt. -1st Class

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 04:12 AM    Msg. 10505 of 10579       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's brings a different type of movement to vehicle combat and other vehicles.

Not really, it's the same idea as the ghost, a small li ht vehicle that can do some damage while being very quick

Quote: The decision to have the ARG attached to it was to communicate how powerful its weapons are, something h2a and h5 both failed to communicate.

An AR vs an SAW? Because having the grenade launcher doesn't really seem to make sense based off the statement.

Quote: We could have done it better visually I suppose, but on a project this size you have to do things and move onto the next task quickly and do the next thing better if you messed up on the previous, unless that failure is particularly egregious.

And yet, I would imagine something other than just welding it on there with like 12 supporting polygons is just... overwhelming? It's a large project as you say, I would have imagined you would have dedicated people for vehicle design and modelling.

BravoLimeTaco

Give up the taco and nobody get's hurt!

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 06:41 AM    Msg. 10506 of 10579       
Are CMT maps still protected?

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 07:44 AM    Msg. 10507 of 10579       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

Not really, it's the same idea as the ghost, a small li ht vehicle that can do some damage while being very quick

Quote: The decision to have the ARG attached to it was to communicate how powerful its weapons are, something h2a and h5 both failed to communicate.

An AR vs an SAW? Because having the grenade launcher doesn't really seem to make sense based off the statement.

Quote: We could have done it better visually I suppose, but on a project this size you have to do things and move onto the next task quickly and do the next thing better if you messed up on the previous, unless that failure is particularly egregious.

And yet, I would imagine something other than just welding it on there with like 12 supporting polygons is just... overwhelming? It's a large project as you say, I would have imagined you would have dedicated people for vehicle design and modelling.

The ghost can strafe and is far more mobile, the thing that convinced me to include it was that every time you go into battle with it feels like a high stakes game of chicken. The only way you can fire is if you are charging at the enemy.

The fact you think the gungoose in h2a had a SAW... kind of shows that no one clearly knows wtf it is on the gungoose, because I was pretty sure it was the turret bullets but they look like SMGs? With the AR you get the distinctive 5 star fire effect, sounds, visuals, and a clear idea of how much damage you do since you can use it in first person as well, for both the bullets and the grenades.

You'd have to ask SOI as to why he chose to go that route, when he showed it to me. IIRC he had a reason for doing it that way specifically. We tend to designate assets into tiers, with weapons in FP getting the most attention, while third person objects generally getting quicker and dirtier treatment.

It's increasingly difficult to keep producing assets of a certain caliber, especially over long periods of time on a project and also when the game can't do the artist justice. It's for this reason CMT is being disbanded with the release of SPV3, although my next and final project is still planned and will be using ripped content from H:O, H4 and Reach primarily.

Quote: --- Original message by: BravoLimeTaco

No, I was never a big believer of the protection and it was something that we mainly did for Dano and Wave of Lag and some other individuals back in the day iirc. But the changes to the maps from Open Sauce means many tags aren't rippable. For those who have experience with the HEK, we do have a version of the tagset to hand out. We were going to make it public, but we need to document everything inside it so people understand what everything is and that will take quite a while to complete, so it will likely be released with the full part 2 tags as well.
Edited by Masters1337 on Mar 14, 2017 at 07:47 AM

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 01:21 PM    Msg. 10508 of 10579       
So is part 2 early summer? late summer? middle? Or just sometime in the summer, whenever it gets done? also, will every mission eventually get an "evolved" version?
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Mar 14, 2017 at 01:24 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 01:58 PM    Msg. 10509 of 10579       
If you check the most recent youtube video on my channel I answer all that, but the short answer is we are aiming for another June 25th release, but that may change due to some difficulties we had with our flood pod system that cost us more time than it should have.

The Evolved mission was pretty controversial in the team, with the majority of remaining members having an overall pretty negative feelings towards it. So there won't be anymore Evolved missions and instead we are working to complete the project so a new one can begin.

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 02:23 PM    Msg. 10510 of 10579       
If you check the most recent youtube video on my channel I answer all that, but the short answer is we are aiming for another June 25th release, but that may change due to some difficulties we had with our flood pod system that cost us more time than it should have.

The Evolved mission was pretty controversial in the team, with the majority of remaining members having an overall pretty negative feelings towards it. So there won't be anymore Evolved missions and instead we are working to complete the project so a new one can begin.

Awesome

Skidrow925

Arrested Pvt. -1st Class

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 03:51 PM    Msg. 10511 of 10579       

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

The ghost can strafe and is far more mobile, the thing that convinced me to include it was that every time you go into battle with it feels like a high stakes game of chicken. The only way you can fire is if you are charging at the enemy.

The fact you think the gungoose in h2a had a SAW... kind of shows that no one clearly knows wtf it is on the gungoose, because I was pretty sure it was the turret bullets but they look like SMGs? With the AR you get the distinctive 5 star fire effect, sounds, visuals, and a clear idea of how much damage you do since you can use it in first person as well, for both the bullets and the grenades.

You'd have to ask SOI as to why he chose to go that route, when he showed it to me. IIRC he had a reason for doing it that way specifically. We tend to designate assets into tiers, with weapons in FP getting the most attention, while third person objects generally getting quicker and dirtier treatment.

It's increasingly difficult to keep producing assets of a certain caliber, especially over long periods of time on a project and also when the game can't do the artist justice. It's for this reason CMT is being disbanded with the release of SPV3, although my next and final project is still planned and will be using ripped content from H:O, H4 and Reach primarily.

No, I was never a big believer of the protection and it was something that we mainly did for Dano and Wave of Lag and some other individuals back in the day iirc. But the changes to the maps from Open Sauce means many tags aren't rippable. For those who have experience with the HEK, we do have a version of the tagset to hand out. We were going to make it public, but we need to document everything inside it so people understand what everything is and that will take quite a while to complete, so it will likely be released with the full part 2 tags as well.

So I guess it's technically a GPMG (LAW), not a SAW, but same idea applies. A GPMG would have enough damage throughput not to particularly need a GL (which causes problems when close in due to splash ofttimes) but that's more a usage than anything. And it's perfectly easily used with the same tactics as the ghost if your careful, though I typically found running second line with it was more than enough, as those grenades took care of just about whatever I ran into with it.

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 06:36 PM    Msg. 10512 of 10579       
0 of what you said about whatever type of gun it uses means nothing when players can't easily identify what they are shooting.

We see the ghost as more of a mobile weapons platform, and the goose is more for doing quick strikes and speeding away. On high difficulties you do have to use the 2 very differently. Basically, the ghost is nimble and has weak damage, where the goose is clunky and does high damage, with both not giving you much protection .

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 07:13 PM    Msg. 10513 of 10579       

Heya, it's been ages, remember when one of my first days on HaloMaps I asked if I could bypass protection on CMT Snowgrove to use the MA5K for some mods? You got so mad at me to the point where I was apologizing over the PM system. It's really funny, looking back at it all.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Mar 14, 2017 at 07:14 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 07:26 PM    Msg. 10514 of 10579       
Yeah sorry, don't really remember the details of it all. But we did release those tags back in 2009ish I believe.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 08:30 PM    Msg. 10515 of 10579       
Yeah sorry, don't really remember the details of it all. But we did release those tags back in 2009ish I believe.

Haha, yeah it was sometime back then. Back when I still had HCE installed on Windows 7 and could make content, back when I made excuses to have time for this stuff...so much unreleased content that will never see the light of day. Oh well, you guys still produce awesome stuff and I'm glad to see CMT leading the pack!
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Mar 14, 2017 at 08:30 PM

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 01:21 PM    Msg. 10516 of 10579       
I dont suppose you have any leakable images involving a certain fungal-based zombie alien would you?

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 01:31 PM    Msg. 10517 of 10579       
nope, but I did forget to post here we now have a discord for anyone who wants to join. https://discord.gg/2UbwXev

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 03:42 PM    Msg. 10518 of 10579       
nope, but I did forget to post here we now have a discord for anyone who wants to join. https://discord.gg/2UbwXev

Guess it's that time of year again.

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 12:44 PM    Msg. 10519 of 10579       
There is mod for H2V that allows for splitscreen coop. Is it possible to do this for Spv3?

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 02:36 PM    Msg. 10520 of 10579       
There is mod for H2V that allows for splitscreen coop. Is it possible to do this for Spv3?

No. Mb in 2020.

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 06:13 PM    Msg. 10521 of 10579       

Probably not, but got a link?

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 12:15 PM    Msg. 10522 of 10579       

http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3690

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 01:47 PM    Msg. 10523 of 10579       

http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3690

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 02:57 PM    Msg. 10524 of 10579       
ive never heard of a splitscreen coop for h2v, does it even work?

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:22 AM    Msg. 10525 of 10579       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
ive never heard of a splitscreen coop for h2v, does it even work?

Ive seen tests on youtube by the creator, but I have never used it myself
Is there any statistical radiance between the grenade BR and the regular BR?(other then the grenade launcher)
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Apr 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM

TotallyNotANoob

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 11:07 AM    Msg. 10526 of 10579       
I am thinking about also revamping the halo ce campaign, do you have any tips like who or what I would need?
Also on an unrelated note, how do updates to spv3 work? Does OS automatically update them or do you have to get a patch? Do plan on updating part 1? sorry for bombarding you with all these questions.
Edited by TotallyNotANoob on Apr 27, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 12:36 PM    Msg. 10527 of 10579       
You'll need HEK+ and you'd need the original campaign scripts which were released by zteam.

For SPV3 updates, you will have to redownload the entire game and mod. The update for SPV3 which will include the last 5 missions and a beta of a cut mission will be released sometime this summer, likely July.

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 01:21 PM    Msg. 10528 of 10579       
Other then the grenade launcher, is there any statisical diferance between the regular br and the grenade br? Also, will the beta mission be launched from uui or devmode?
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Apr 27, 2017 at 01:22 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 01:26 PM    Msg. 10529 of 10579       

Other then the grenade launcher, is there any statisical diferance between the regular br and the grenade br? Also, will the beta mission be launched from uui or devmode?
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Apr 27, 2017 at 01:22 PM

I would think that the fp ready and reload animation for the "GR BR" should be slightly slower as there would be more weight to manage irl. But just speculation.

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 01:58 PM    Msg. 10530 of 10579       
The beta map will likely be console only.

No differences between the BR and BRGL variant other than the GL.

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 03:10 PM    Msg. 10531 of 10579       
The beta map will likely be console only.

No differences between the BR and BRGL variant other than the GL.

Why cant you zoom in with the GR AR? is it intentional or a glitch?

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 03:28 PM    Msg. 10532 of 10579       
The telescopic camera is replaced by the grenade launcher

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 02:40 PM    Msg. 10533 of 10579       
When was the last update? I need to know if I need to reinstall the mod. Do I just replace the map files if I do need to update it? I read an article that said that the radar enhancer was an armor ability but mine is still a power up.
Edited by CLASSIFIED on Apr 28, 2017 at 03:17 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 03:28 PM    Msg. 10534 of 10579       
You can get the latest patch which replaces some of the map files from our subreddit release thread for 3.0.2.

radar enhancer is a powerup, not an armor ability.

CLASSIFIED

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 03:38 PM    Msg. 10535 of 10579       
Ah, thank you.

Page 301 of 303 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 296 · 297 · 298 · 299 · 300 · [301] · 302 · 303 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 22, 2017 7:27 PM 2,062 ms.
A Halo Maps Website