A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Some Questions about OS

Author Topic: Some Questions about OS (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 11:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Hi,
I have some questions for Kornman or anyone else involved in the production of Open Sauce:

1. Is it possible to implement 1st person driving into the game?

2. Is it possible to add new zoom options, for example no-scope, and instead looking down the gun?

3. Is it possible to improve the physics of vehicles?

4. Will the AI be improved?

5. Is it possible to add extra grenade options?

6. Is it possible to have seperate bipeds for each team?

Just of curiosity
Edited by Jaz on Aug 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 11:23 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
1. Yes it is possible to implement FP driving into the game.

2. Iron sights have always been possible, it also should be with OS

3. We can't touch the physics engine at all, so that one should be a no until Korn posts that is.

4. Probably not, there's a chance that it may but I don't think korn and firescythe want to spend more time implementing another modification.

5. No, it's impossible to have extra grenades.

6. Yes, it should be possible.

Hopefully that answers all your questions.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 02:47 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
1) you can do this without OS. Without scripts even. If you want to see your body, then you either make a custom camera track that is about first person, or make a script.
http://www.xfire.com/video/48ea1e/
2) As already stated, you can look down guns anywhere.
3) At this moment in time, physics tags look the same, no additional blocks, etc. Although you may now change gravity, so you can make everything lighter when in certain vehicles, which will look totally strange since grenades will be floating then... but you can play with physics, just not specifically the vehicles.
4) So far, I see no enhancements to the AI themselves, but there are some great new scripts which may be applied to any unit.
5) Don't see it in the tags at the current time.
6) There is actually a tag block for having two different biped tags. Although in my tests, I haven't been able to figure out how to use it, if its even implemented at the time; it may not be.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 04:20 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Thank you for your answers both of you. :)

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 04:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Are there any maps out now that use OS?

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 05:50 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Not that I know of.

Also you will more than likely receive comments from Kornman/FireScythe at OpenSauce's primary forums, Modacity.net and Halomods.com. I don't believe the both of them step into this forum often as much as Modacity or Halomods.
Edited by Codebrain on Aug 1, 2011 at 08:12 PM

kev3344

IMAAA FIRING MAAA LAZAAA!!!!

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 08:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
1) you can do this without OS. Without scripts even. If you want to see your body, then you either make a custom camera track that is about first person, or make a script.
http://www.xfire.com/video/48ea1e/
2) As already stated, you can look down guns anywhere.
3) At this moment in time, physics tags look the same, no additional blocks, etc. Although you may now change gravity, so you can make everything lighter when in certain vehicles, which will look totally strange since grenades will be floating then... but you can play with physics, just not specifically the vehicles.
4) So far, I see no enhancements to the AI themselves, but there are some great new scripts which may be applied to any unit.
5) Don't see it in the tags at the current time.
6) There is actually a tag block for having two different biped tags. Although in my tests, I haven't been able to figure out how to use it, if its even implemented at the time; it may not be.

Hey Kirby, how do you modify camera tracks? When I open the tag with guerilla, I just see random numbers.

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 06:55 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: kev3344
Hey Kirby, how do you modify camera tracks? When I open the tag with guerilla, I just see random numbers.

I'm not a kirby. Anyways, it's better if you make a whole new camera track rather than editing the current one.
-Zekilk

kev3344

IMAAA FIRING MAAA LAZAAA!!!!

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 09:21 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Ok, but how do I make a camera track?

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 01:28 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
never bothered to make a camera track of my own, but I'd have to say start by making a model in max with markers to represent where you want the camera to be able to go, import the gbxmodel, and then copy those marker positions from the gbx into a new camera track. in guerilla, it lists camera tracks as angle, and strangely angle again. I am going to assume that the first angle is a mistake since it will match up with locations if you consider it as that.

If that doesn't work, then ask someone whose actually made a camera track before (I'm content with default ones lol)

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 03:51 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Theres a camera track importer maxscript somewhere, it imports as bones, with the rotation and all.

kornman00

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 09:13 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
3. Is it possible to improve the physics of vehicles?

4. Will the AI be improved?

5. Is it possible to add extra grenade options?

6. Is it possible to have seperate bipeds for each team?

Just of curiosity
Edited by Jaz on Aug 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM

3. The modifications provided by OS don't touch the physics engine's implementation. However, like Kirby said, we have some new script functions which can tweak gravity (I used the same names as the script functions found in Halo2+).

4. The modifications provided by OS don't modify the behavior of AI

5. If someone had the source to Halo, you could easily add extra grenades. With OS, however, it's not something you can easily do. It's not impossible, but it would require more code modifications than I'm willing to cook up (would also break game save compatibility)

6. I never figured out why my networking modifications aren't working correctly, so no, not at this time.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri November 15, 2019 7:14 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website