A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Campaign Ideas

Author Topic: Campaign Ideas (30 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 03:56 AM    Msg. 1 of 30       
Hiii, I'm new to the forums, but I am just gonna put some Campaign ideas out there. So, y'know, people could try and make them. Or I could get crit.

Earth Invasion Campaign:

It would hopefully be a campaign with three main chapters, and three missions within a chapter. Order: First Invasion Of Earth, Flood Invasion, Aftermath

You start off as either an ODST or a Marine(Can't decide) at the events of Halo 2's Starting. This is because its about Earth's invasion, which means you have to go from teh start. You drop onto Earth, and the first thing you do is launch a counterattack against covies attempting to take a UNSC base. Once that is done, you follow the covenant to their Temporary command nearby, and totally own it. That is the first mission. The second mission is where you are redeployed to a covenant attack on an Orbital Elevator, to defend the nuke's being shipped up to the fleet there.Games of cat and mouse, and lots of sniping. Small, tough encounters. You get there to find the Elevator has already been taken, but not before all of that stuff. You must beat a hasty retreat to the pelican, and get back on. Third mission, you are moving through a city somewhere to neutralise a Covenant digging team, who are digging for something... You know what. Once(If you can) You eliminate it, you recieve information that the Covies have found the portal thingy, and are to get there as soon as possible.

But then come the nightmares. On the second chapter, you fight to contain the flood outbreak, and stuff liek that. No more info for that, cause spoilers. If this even happens. U fight with Elites, though. Cool.

Third chapter, is the aftermath. You have to fight the remnants of the Covenant forces, but they are not weak. This would be the hardest part, but not by far. The flood part would be pretty hard.

So, that good?

My second idea is as a Spartan, at some random human planet attacked by Covenant. A pelican flight has been launched, but totally eliminated. There is a monster network of AAA defences, and its your job to eliminate as many as you can. You start off by dropping down in a pod, but it would be different, if someone can make it. The pod is still basically uncontrollable. but you can still maneuver it around. In fact, you get a view throguh the floor, and you have to steer it, with no engines, to where you want to go. People who are good will get into cover, but dumb***** will get into open ground. Stupid idiots. Like so many of those people down at COD... I almost feel sorry for them.

You get the AAA defences neutralised through a horrible uphill battle, and find that the Covenant have launched another flight of dropships. Having seen you take their previous defences... They land at the bottom of the hill. With air support. And lots of angry covenant.

Mayhem.

Anyway, those are my ideas. Now, are they good?

I think so, at least for the first one.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 10:16 PM    Msg. 2 of 30       
@1
SO
not canon and done before, (Halo 2 and 3, Eartth invasion, flood on earth)

@2, Just crash into the AA gun :|, or infront of it and come in and wreak havoc.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 10:40 PM    Msg. 3 of 30       
Most Single Player designers that can make something like these's good are probably already doing there own thing.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 10:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
cool story bro

I don't recall you ever writing anything good.
Edited by Sergeant 1337 on Aug 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 10:52 PM    Msg. 5 of 30       
What about a planetary invasion from the perspective of the Covenant? Leading up to an epic glassing or the camera panning over a legions of troops marching through decimated cities.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 11:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
What about a planetary invasion from the perspective of the Covenant? Leading up to an epic glassing or the camera panning over a legions of troops marching through decimated cities.

And how one elite took pity on the humans and tried to sabotage a cruiser that ended up crashing on the about-to-be-glassed planet. And how that elite managed to stop the rest of the covenant from finding out about earth's location.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 12:05 AM    Msg. 7 of 30       

lmfao...

I remember along time ago someone went on a rampage of "the war on this sides perspective", and the last one was the dirts perspective.

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:16 AM    Msg. 8 of 30       
okay so this is just an idea and i dont have the skill to make this but i always wish bungie did a covenant version of odst. i was thinkin of calling it Zealot where (shocker) you play as a zealot and that part in halo 2 (last level) when the shipmaster from halo 3 says he is going to "retake that carrier" you are the team of zealots that he commands to help him. so you guys secure a few banshees and dogfight your way into a hanger like the firefight one from reach and then secure the brigde; pretty simple but seems boring at first. so throw in set backs and side objects such as rescue imprisoned elites, and etc. i could elaborate but it really depends on how much interest the community has in such a campaign idea

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:37 AM    Msg. 9 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

lmfao...

I remember along time ago someone went on a rampage of "the war on this sides perspective", and the last one was the dirts perspective.

Oh lol whut, I'd like to see that.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 03:47 AM    Msg. 10 of 30       
Yeah Bo posted the dirt campaign thread because an ODST/marine campaign, flood campaign, and covenant campaign thread all got posted within like, a month haha.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23597
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Aug 10, 2011 at 03:47 AM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:51 PM    Msg. 11 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279
@1
SO
not canon and done before, (Halo 2 and 3, Eartth invasion, flood on earth)

@2, Just crash into the AA gun :|, or infront of it and come in and wreak havoc.

/Rage We are CE, We are Not Cannon!
Rage\

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 02:42 PM    Msg. 12 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Yeah Bo posted the dirt campaign thread because an ODST/marine campaign, flood campaign, and covenant campaign thread all got posted within like, a month haha.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23597
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Aug 10, 2011 at 03:47 AM

Damn I hope Bo posts that Dirt Campaign again, I was looking forward to it.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 06:17 AM    Msg. 13 of 30       
Hey Spartan 279....

How is it not canon? You are not the master chief, YOU ARE EITHER ODSTs OR MARINES. If ur saying its not canon, then u mean the only fighting done on Earth, for Earth, is teh Chief? Or, if you mean the aftermath part, THERE WOULD STILL BE COVENANT ELEMENTS ON EARTH. Not all of them would've evacuated. Besdies, it is Halo CE. We break canon, dude. We break its spine!

And, yea, I don't really like the first idea.

But the first campaign idea would be more than just the ODSTs/Marines view. It would have plot in it. I had to type it up quickly.

Who lieks it? And who likes it?

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 06:50 AM    Msg. 14 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
Hiii, I'm new to the forums, but I am just gonna put some Campaign ideas out there. So, y'know, people could try and make them. Or I could get crit.

TL;DR

cool story bro

like you can talk.

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 04:20 PM    Msg. 15 of 30       
Make a laser mic mission where you have to record a conversation from far away.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 04:48 PM    Msg. 16 of 30       
How?

Unless just pointing at them gets it scripted and you hear the conversation.

Like in Splinter Cell?

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 04:57 PM    Msg. 17 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix

TL;DR

cool story bro

like you can talk.

thats what im sayin

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 08:30 PM    Msg. 18 of 30       
Hey Spartan 279....

How is it not canon? You are not the master chief, YOU ARE EITHER ODSTs OR MARINES. If ur saying its not canon, then u mean the only fighting done on Earth, for Earth, is teh Chief? Or, if you mean the aftermath part, THERE WOULD STILL BE COVENANT ELEMENTS ON EARTH. Not all of them would've evacuated. Besdies, it is Halo CE. We break canon, dude. We break its spine!

And, yea, I don't really like the first idea.

But the first campaign idea would be more than just the ODSTs/Marines view. It would have plot in it. I had to type it up quickly.

Who lieks it? And who likes it?

RAGE BRO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And lrn2shpell

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 02:01 AM    Msg. 19 of 30       
"cool story bro" isn't really crit. If it's not good, then just say it. there's no need to say pointless stuff as that.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 02:05 AM    Msg. 20 of 30       
Twas a compliment, Skyancez.

Once I get to modelling, any1 wanna help me?

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 04:20 AM    Msg. 21 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337

cool story bro

I don't recall you ever writing anything good.
Edited by Sergeant 1337 on Aug 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM

so according to this logic. you are allowed to make crit but i'm not? seems fair. i wonder if anyone can notice my sarcasm

Ya, cool story bro is not crit AT ALL. We give crit, you can't take it. So don't go bashing others just because you aren't any better than them.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 07:57 AM    Msg. 22 of 30       
It is actually crit, because I wrote down the story of the campaign idea.

Hahahahahah.

Its a compliment. Deal with it.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 06:08 PM    Msg. 23 of 30       
You obviously don't know what the cool story bro meme means, do you?

LegionofShadows

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 06:14 PM    Msg. 24 of 30       
Meh, it doesn't mean he didn't intend it as a compliment.

Anyway, nobody is really offering crit on it now. Ur just talking about learning to shpell and cool stroy bro.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 07:51 PM    Msg. 25 of 30       
You obviously don't know what the cool story bro meme means, do you?
Meme's have the life span of a fart in a windstorm and are only relevant to the one who expelled them.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:06 PM    Msg. 26 of 30       
Meh, it doesn't mean he didn't intend it as a compliment.

Anyway, nobody is really offering crit on it now. Ur just talking about learning to shpell and cool stroy bro.

Yes it does.

And @ Dennis: So you're saying that sometimes when people reference memes, they don't always mean the same thing?

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:08 PM    Msg. 27 of 30       
I'm pretty sure he means memes are stupid and irrelevant. Why start an argument about what one means?

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:11 PM    Msg. 28 of 30       
I'm not, I'm just saying that I think Hiralis was being sacrastic instead of giving a compliment.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:41 PM    Msg. 29 of 30       
And @ Dennis: So you're saying that sometimes when people reference memes, they don't always mean the same thing?
That too it true. Meme's by definition are transitory, short lived and meaningful to only a select few. They go out of style long before they make their way into the vernacular where again by definition they are no longer considered meme's. I have nothing against meme's but often times by the time they make their way to this forum the are old, stale and confirm that the poster is not "in" the know but trying to show he is.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 03:18 AM    Msg. 30 of 30       
Thanks. It'll be easy for the weps, considering there's already a halo 3 weapon tagset out. Now, we would need Halo 3 Vehicles all round, to make it seem authentic. Plus good texturers. Not to mention voice actors, if we get to that part.

I think it'd be better if a mapping team did this, in my opinion. However, since I am not a part of one, I shall have to subject me and other modellers if they wish to, to years of torture.

Meh. I liek torture.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 10:58 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website