A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Opinions on Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Opinions on Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary? (43 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

jimmy

You can cure a derp, but not the herps.

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 10:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 43       
Haven't seen any other posts about this soo...

On November 15th this year, the 10th anniversary of the release of halo combat evolvedd<3, 343 industries will be releasing a graphical update for the game on the 360, yes i know, the 360:'''(. No need to argue over weather backing up and running it over again is just another way to make money, because all top of the line fps(besides halo custom) are about money regardless. I just want your thoughts on the game itself and not the intentions behind making it.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/titles/haloanniversary

One of the buttons on the controller will be selected to humiliate all of the old bungie/gearbox employees by switching from the reach(rather boxy looking)graphics, to the top of line majestical, beautious, and original halo pc graphics<333. I myself, am not one to care about graphics, im the kind that would rather play minecraft then crysis..none the less, this is my main reason for buying.

There will be 2 person co-op availible and the multiplayer will be halo reach, with seven original maps selected to be carried over into this new game.

Thoughts? rants?
Anyone?

who knows what happened to the link posting?
Edited by jimmy on Aug 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 10:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 43       
My thoughts:
We should have done this ourselves, but hey, we tried with campaign mods.
Rants:
Too many HCEA topics.

jimmy

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 10:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate

Too many HCEA topics.

Are you kittens me? I couldn't find any

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 43       
I know we've had at least two others in the past. They're kind of old now. Perhaps it's just because I've seen them come and go that this HCEA stuff is kind of getting old to me.
Continue, I guess...

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:26 PM    Msg. 5 of 43       
opinions: It looks cool, if I get a job i'll buy it, graphics are amazing.

rants: this is the 4th or 5th topic i've seen on this game.

Co1t3r

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:34 PM    Msg. 6 of 43       
I just wish they did more with it. Retaining the original feel makes no sense when you can buy the original game for less money. I want Halo: CE with vehicle boarding, improved AI, physics and all the other goodies added in later versions. They should have used a next-gen engine instead of the original. (Obviously this is my opinion. I thought it was redundant to add, but people get touchy when you don't explicitly say so.)

jimmy

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:40 PM    Msg. 7 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Co1t3r
I just wish they did more with it.

Yeah I thought same about this..but then again things like hijack could ruin the make of the original campaign maps where maybe in a30 you could hijack the banshee and then they would have to add more detail to the top of the map, changing the plot itself possibly..
Edited by jimmy on Aug 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 11:45 PM    Msg. 8 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: jimmy
who knows what happened to the link posting?
If you read the sticky threads you will know as well

Spartan_094

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 12:42 AM    Msg. 9 of 43       
They should have used a next-gen engine instead of the original. (Obviously this is my opinion. I thought it was redundant to add, but people get touchy when you don't explicitly say so.)

Defeats the purpose of a remake that they said is supposed to feel and play like the original halo 1 controls.

In my own opinion the game should be more along the lines of $30 or $25.

Co1t3r

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 12:51 AM    Msg. 10 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094
They should have used a next-gen engine instead of the original. (Obviously this is my opinion. I thought it was redundant to add, but people get touchy when you don't explicitly say so.)

Defeats the purpose of a remake that they said is supposed to feel and play like the original halo 1 controls.

What I'm saying is I disagree with their decision to make it feel and play exactly like the original game. Making more than cosmetic changes doesn't defeat the purpose of a remake.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 01:14 AM    Msg. 11 of 43       
But THEY WANT IT FOR THE HALO VETERANS! THEY WANT THE SAME GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE, BUT WITH A NEW FEEL! They are making it, so ti doesn't lose anything from the original game, except MAYBE a few maps, but MAYBE those maps can be made in Forge World anyway, so MAYBE thats why they wqon't add them.

Plus, its what they're doign with it. If you've seen their vids, they want it to play EXACTLY the same.

I am looking foward to all of those new textures. Gawd, the flood will be awesome. So will 343 Spark.

I'm looking foward to all aspects of the Anniversary.

jimmy

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 01:48 AM    Msg. 12 of 43       
They will probably release some more original maps in expensive DLC form...

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 02:00 AM    Msg. 13 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Too many HCEA topics.

^

Dark Neon

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 02:37 AM    Msg. 14 of 43       
I want them to re-animate everything.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 03:32 AM    Msg. 15 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dark Neon

same

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 03:37 AM    Msg. 16 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars
Quote: --- Original message by: Dark Neon

same

aye

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 04:30 AM    Msg. 17 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
Personally, I want them to scratch the project and focus on Halo 4. We are already capable of what they're doing now and CMT is already doing it. Honestly, why would you want to pay money for something that CMT will release for free? Besides, they aren't touching the gameplay at all with sucks, CMT however is adding custom BSP's, hijacking, and actually putting brutes in as their own character and not just stocky upgrades to the elites.

Well, that would be a great idea, but the only thing is, it's too late.

Dark Neon

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 04:54 AM    Msg. 18 of 43       
Personally, I want them to scratch the project and focus on Halo 4. We are already capable of what they're doing now and CMT is already doing it. Honestly, why would you want to pay money for something that CMT will release for free? Besides, they aren't touching the gameplay at all with sucks, CMT however is adding custom BSP's, hijacking, and actually putting brutes in as their own character and not just stocky upgrades to the elites.

Since when are we capable of producing the graphics of the Anniversary?

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 04:58 AM    Msg. 19 of 43       

however you are being a suck up no offense to the CMT team. but your basically every time something about CEA is mentioned and how the campaign isnt changed you hop on masterz D***

ive seen this in other threads of you saying it.

Dark Neon

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 05:02 AM    Msg. 20 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen

however you are being a suck up no offense to the CMT team. but your basically every time something about CEA is mentioned and how the campaign isnt changed you hop on masterz D***

ive seen this in other threads of you saying it.

Pretty much this.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 05:38 AM    Msg. 21 of 43       
can we just stop the hatred to hiralis. hes not that bad of a guy. people lick peoples asses every where and how are we gonna stop it? its basically how the world works. people sucking up to there bosses,politicians sucking up to get the best deal and even countries licking other countries asses. e.g. Australia licked britains ass during the time of world war I because they thought they were part of the empire and wanted to be loyal lol. also in world war II when australia needed help from britain for Papua new guinea they couldnt help but the americans helped so after that america became our new master and we started licking there ass.

you cant really say im being mean to australia cause im australian myself : /

olly12345

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 05:47 AM    Msg. 22 of 43       
can we just stop the hatred to hiralis. hes not that bad of a guy. people lick peoples asses every where and how are we gonna stop it? its basically how the world works. people sucking up to there bosses,politicians sucking up to get the best deal and even countries licking other countries asses. e.g. Australia licked britains ass during the time of world war I because they thought they were part of the empire and wanted to be loyal lol. also in world war II when australia needed help from britain for Papua new guinea they couldnt help but the americans helped so after that america became our new master and we started licking there ass.

Dark Neon

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 05:48 AM    Msg. 23 of 43       

Wow. A paragraph about... licking asses? What.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 05:48 AM    Msg. 24 of 43       

the hate for him will never stop >.> everyone pretty much doesnt like him so...

anyways lets get back ontopic
Edited by Hydrogen on Aug 14, 2011 at 05:50 AM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 06:02 AM    Msg. 25 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen

the hate for him will never stop >.> everyone pretty much doesnt like him so...
http://troll.me/images/xzibit-yo-dawg/lol-cool-story-bro-it-was-funny.jpg

anyways lets get back ontopic
Edited by Hydrogen on Aug 14, 2011 at 05:50 AM

Dark Neon

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 06:05 AM    Msg. 26 of 43       
What an intelligent and well thought out post that was Cheddars.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 06:17 AM    Msg. 27 of 43       
and what a intelligent post and well thought out post that was dark neon and hydrogen

Wolf_

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 06:19 AM    Msg. 28 of 43       
Since not all fans gets to play it? It's supposed to introduce the new to the old and the old to the new.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 06:36 AM    Msg. 29 of 43       
Okay guys look, I'm not sucking up to CMT whatsoever. I'm stating the truth. CMT has some of the BEST halo modders we've known and with OS we can now reach similar graphics to CEA. The hatred to me? I honestly don't care what you guys think of me. To me, listening to someone and believing their lies means I am becoming worse at what I am. That is why I never give up. If someone thinks I can't do something, I set out to prove them wrong or correct myself trying.

I am not perfect, nobody is, so don't give me crap about not be able to model to your "polished" expectations.

Oh and Hydrogen, next time you try to convince me to give up modelling, it isn't going to work. Don't attack me through PM's either. I am here to prove that anyone can do ANYTHING if they have enough willpower. If you want to know a little bit about my country's war history then I'll tell you.

In the Vietnam war, only 521 Australians died compared to the 58,196 names that have been listed on the Vietnam wall.

In the current Korean war, Australia has only lost 26 men, compared to the 1000+ lost from America.

Now, I want you guys to ask yourselves this.
Can you honestly just start fresh with me? Look at things differently to how I do them?

I used to hate hunter, now he is the one I aspire to be.
I used to hate Hydrogen, but he has decent help for me, occasionally.
I used to hate XlzQwerty1, yet I was able to get over it.

You guys can choose to do whatever you want, I honestly do not care, but I ask you can you just start from a fresh perspective of my work?

even with open sauce CMT will not be able to reach the level cea has with detail in models.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 06:52 AM    Msg. 30 of 43       
Okay guys look, I'm not sucking up to CMT whatsoever. I'm stating the truth. CMT has some of the BEST halo modders we've known and with OS we can now reach similar graphics to CEA. The hatred to me? I honestly don't care what you guys think of me. To me, listening to someone and believing their lies means I am becoming worse at what I am. That is why I never give up. If someone thinks I can't do something, I set out to prove them wrong or correct myself trying.

I am not perfect, nobody is, so don't give me crap about not be able to model to your "polished" expectations.

Oh and Hydrogen, next time you try to convince me to give up modelling, it isn't going to work. Don't attack me through PM's either. I am here to prove that anyone can do ANYTHING if they have enough willpower. If you want to know a little bit about my country's war history then I'll tell you.

In the Vietnam war, only 521 Australians died compared to the 58,196 names that have been listed on the Vietnam wall.

In the current Korean war, Australia has only lost 26 men, compared to the 1000+ lost from America.

Can you honestly just start fresh with me? Look at things differently to how I do them?

You guys can choose to do whatever you want, I honestly do not care, but I ask you can you just start from a fresh perspective of my work?

CMT can't remove all tag limits and I doubt they're going to bother remodelling everything. There's no way SPV3's graphics are gonna match Anniversary. Then again though, why should we care? SPV3's going to be more fun than Anniversary. Stop saying it'll have as good graphics, and mention the fact it's not the original campaign. -.-

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 06:55 AM    Msg. 31 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

CMT can't remove all tag limits and I doubt they're going to bother remodelling everything. There's no way SPV3's graphics are gonna match Anniversary. Then again though, why should we care? SPV3's going to be more fun than Anniversary. Stop saying it'll have as good graphics, and mention the fact it's not the original campaign. -.-

^this and the fact that its not the original campaign because of new bsps doesnt make it better. hell even I could do that.. (not hatin on cmt)

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 09:04 AM    Msg. 32 of 43       
Personally I find that no remake could beat Halo CE's golden experience. But since anniversary is the same thing but with upped graphics, I find that it's improved. Also the terminals reveal the background plot of the new Halo trilogy coming out later.

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 10:17 AM    Msg. 33 of 43       
I like the idea of keeping all the game-play mechanics from the original with a graphics engine over it. TBO, I would be afraid of them ruining the game if they re-made everything.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 10:23 AM    Msg. 34 of 43       
Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
I like the idea of keeping all the game-play mechanics from the original with a graphics engine over it. TBO, I would be afraid of them ruining the game if they re-made everything.

Considering that a non-professional team with few members(CMT) can remake the campaign fairly well, I don't think you should worry about a team as well funded as 343 ruining the game.

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 11:30 AM    Msg. 35 of 43       
The well funded part is what scares me. When I said ruining, I meant changing gameplay mechanics, such as adding features from Reach.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 21, 2020 11:56 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website