A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »halo combat evolved remake = halo custom edition remake?

Author Topic: halo combat evolved remake = halo custom edition remake? (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

archon179

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 12:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 16       
im just wondering since halo combat eveolved is being remade and remastered, will halo custom edition be remade and remastered too? with better graphics and textures, etc

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 12:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
Doubt it, we've had a lot of people asking that, and most likely seeing as Halo's sub-par as a pc franchise, it won't happen.

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 03:38 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
The Halo 1 remake is a remake of the console version. I highly doubt they would make a PC version of it.

(Yes, I know it's based off the HCE code)

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 12:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
I doubt it.

Remember, people, Halo Combat Evolved PC. was made by Bungie AND Gearbox Softwares. Gearbox made Custom Edition by themselves, and Gearbox aren't sitting in on any of the console ones. So, no, unless I suddenly die and go to heaven, there will be no Custom Edition Anniversary.

Besdies, Custom Edition didn't change millions of gamers lives. Cusotm Edition didn't revolutionise controls for FPS.

Combat Evolved did.

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 02:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Actually I think it may be true, because of the Principle Engine Programmer of the Halo Franchise Team at Microsoft is taking interest of what the Halo Custom Edition community is doing which may lead to the decision of remaking Custom Edition for better graphics, tags, netcode, and so on. This is been posted before, but : http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?23825-The-Halo-PC-Engine
Edited by Old Gregg on Sep 4, 2011 at 02:31 PM

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 03:38 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
I'm not sure what would happen if they did make it. Would we work on both or what?

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 06:40 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
I believe I read an interview awhile back where one of the big important peeps on the HA pyramid said they didn't think halo anniversary for the pc was very unlikely to happen, but whether or not an editing kit of some sort would come with it was not said. However with pc game developers swiftly embracing player customization and some (Bethesda) even trying to enable modding kits, aswell as the ability to download pc mods, for consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if it DID come with some sort of custom edition type DL or an editing kit.

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 07:18 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Buuut with M$ still holding all the rights to Halo and after the disasterous porting of Halo 2, I doubt there'll be any more Halo PC's coming out...

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 9, 2011 07:03 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
How would that be even possible...

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Sep 9, 2011 07:05 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
By having it more restricted than H2EK...it wouldn't be that surprising, honestly...

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Sep 9, 2011 07:32 PM    Msg. 11 of 16       
no

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 04:23 AM    Msg. 12 of 16       
I want it to happen, But then I don't want to see it released for PC.

I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Halo Custom Edition is dead.

Because: There are like 1500 players, and the 10+(I didn't count) MOST TRUSTED clans in Halo Custom Edition host nothing but stock:

Things to note:

• each hosts like 15 frikkin servers per clan all with stock maps.

• If you DO find a server with custom maps(even custom only servers), they're almost ALWAYS empty or never go past 50% capacity

• The custom maps that ARE played are the same custom maps that have probably been played for about a year or so, never any truly custom ones, just things like RPG_beta or the sanctuary_pb2 that keeps popping up. Jets, and MLG-styled gameplay(respectively)

• Population count does NOT equal life or death of a game(well, at least in this case). The name "Halo Custom Edition" implies that there should be custom content, but the only custom content the general population sees, across ALL VERSIONS of the haloce executable, is the server hacks, or SMGs 20+ Halo PC to Custom Edition modded maps, why are there modded STOCK maps in Custom Edition?(Keep in mind, these seem to be modded the Halo PC-way, which means that they never ONCE used the HEK to make them, which means that you can play these with STOCK maps and they'll sync)

When Halo Custom Edition's server list became identical to Halo PC, it died, and has probably been dead for more than 3 years now. The people on this forum keep saying that it isn't dead, and decide to point out like 2 or 3 servers that still play custom maps( ...out of what, 150 other servers? ...come the heck on already and get serious...).

In my opinion, to even call this game "Halo Custom Edition" there should be at least 51% or more custom maps being listed on the GSMS list, (not per version though, these update patches are supposed to be MANDATORY, since Halo Custom Edition isn't even supposed to allow you to play online without updating)

I do see another Halo PC coming our way though, without an editing kit. They actually check up on us you know. If they see nothing but stock maps in the custom edition server list then imagine what they'll think?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 10, 2011 at 04:42 AM

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 06:43 AM    Msg. 13 of 16       
lol then that means that we should make more servers with custom maps and actually play them. make more maps that have the same gameplay as some original maps. they already took an unoriginal map (Timberland) and added it to CEA. now if we get more maps like that who knows they might see a lot of good maps that they can't just put on a cd for console. they would be forced to make a pc version to get them all. so far the maps that are on this site are all attempts to remake maps and content from other games which may be the reason they're not being played. because people see the remake attempt and wanna play the real thing. if they were all completely halo centered then it would keep peoples' interest in this game. Basically what im saying is that we killed CE. but we could resurrect it if we start sticking to halo. that's what im trying to do with my maps now. the only unoriginal tags i used were some bases that were made using the original beam structure from the campaign. which makes it more halo like but even that is making me wanna get rid of them and just getting some BG bases lol.

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 10:10 AM    Msg. 14 of 16       
The problems with hosting custom maps is that nobody bothers to download them. It's nearly impossible to get players to join. So we just end up hosting stock maps. The biggest problem is that the player needs to leave the game and visit this website to get custom maps. That makes anyone who isn't good with computers unable to play custom maps.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 04:54 PM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Halo Custom Edition is dead.

I have been hearing that refrain since 2006 and yet traffic is still increasing, maps are still being made and more and more people are downloading the game. Your perceptions do not represent the reality of the situation. From the day it was released Halo CE has always been a fringe game with never more that a few hundred playing at any one time and never more that a couple of hundred servers.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 05:40 PM    Msg. 16 of 16       
yep. i noticed this too. there's still A LOT of servers up but most of them are empty. and if you're like me and have the no empty server filter on then you won't see them.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 7:28 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website