A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »if their is no remake for halo custom edition.........

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: if their is no remake for halo custom edition......... (44 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

archon179

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 11:59 AM    Msg. 1 of 44       
if their is no remake for halo custome dition, will the developers/owners of halo custom edition increase the graphics them selves? woul be awsome to see that.

Dark Neon

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 12:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 44       
Clearly you know nothing about this game.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 12:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 44       
Well, technically nobody owns Custom Edition. You see, its not a bungie thing. Its a gearbox thing, and Custom Edition doesn't come packaged. You just download it for free.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 12:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: archon179
if their is no remake for halo custome dition, will the developers/owners of halo custom edition increase the graphics them selves? woul be awsome to see that.

I think this should hopefully clear this up for people who keep asking this and similar questions.

Hale CEA = console game.
Console game version of "custom edition" = forge
answer = no, not a chance in hell

Not to sound frustrated at you or anyone but I do want people to stop asking about this so let's make this perfectly clear.

CEA IS A CONSOLE GAME AND UNTIL 343 OR THEIR AFFILIATES, NOT ANYONE HERE, SAYS SO IT WILL CONTINUE TO ONLY BE ONLY FOR CONSOLE

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 01:09 PM    Msg. 5 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

I think this should hopefully clear this up for people who keep asking this and similar questions.

Hale CEA = console game.
Console game version of "custom edition" = forge
answer = no, not a chance in hell

Not to sound frustrated at you or anyone but I do want people to stop asking about this so let's make this perfectly clear.

CEA IS A CONSOLE GAME AND UNTIL 343 OR THEIR AFFILIATES, NOT ANYONE HERE, SAYS SO IT WILL CONTINUE TO ONLY BE ONLY FOR CONSOLE

pretty much this. unless microsoft starts giving back to the pc community which is highly unlikely

archon179

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 07:19 PM    Msg. 6 of 44       
well alright than genius, explain to me what i dont know about how halo custome edition is a first person shooter based off of the game halo and how it is a modded version of it that allows u to do things that u could not do in the original game such as driving modded vehicles or killing some one with modded weapons, etc

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 07:27 PM    Msg. 7 of 44       
well alright than genius, explain to me what i dont know about how halo custome edition is a first person shooter based off of the game halo and how it is a modded version of it that allows u to do things that u could not do in the original game such as driving modded vehicles or killing some one with modded weapons, etc
Based off of? It's an EXTENSION of the game. Hell, you can even go as far as stating that Custom Edition is an EXPANSION PACK of Combat Evolved.

Gearbox made CE because it wouldn't fit on the original PC disk, and PC's devs weren't about to make Halo a two-disk set just for the sake of being able to create/mod content at a whim.

In essense, yes, CE is no different from PC, but if you had taken a look around, you'd see that we've made massive progress above and beyond Halo's stock BLAM! engine without creating a completely new engine in the process.

So no, you DON'T know anything about HCE.

spartan 034

i think i will stay behind, and hold um off.

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 10:52 PM    Msg. 8 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Based off of? It's an EXTENSION of the game. Hell, you can even go as far as stating that Custom Edition is an EXPANSION PACK of Combat Evolved.

Gearbox made CE because it wouldn't fit on the original PC disk, and PC's devs weren't about to make Halo a two-disk set just for the sake of being able to create/mod content at a whim.

In essense, yes, CE is no different from PC, but if you had taken a look around, you'd see that we've made massive progress above and beyond Halo's stock BLAM! engine without creating a completely new engine in the process.

So no, you DON'T know anything about HCE.

This

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 12:01 AM    Msg. 9 of 44       
Take a look around people. LEARN. THIS!... IS HOW YOU PWN PEOPLE!
Edited by Jesse on Sep 4, 2011 at 12:01 AM

archon179

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 12:37 AM    Msg. 10 of 44       
well if halo ce did not come as a secound cd for halo, than how is it an expansion?

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 12:38 AM    Msg. 11 of 44       
It was released separately by Gearbox.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 01:15 AM    Msg. 12 of 44       
well if halo ce did not come as a secound cd for halo, than how is it an expansion?

Just because it doesn't come as second CD for halo doesn't mean it's not an expansion.
IT'S DOWNLOADED! because:
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
It was released separately by Gearbox.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 01:23 AM    Msg. 13 of 44       
well if halo ce did not come as a second cd for halo, than how is it an expansion?

A lot of expansions are NOT released along side the full game as a second disk, just a few examples:

Halo Custom Edition(Obviously)
C&C 3: Kane's wrath
C&C Red Alert 3: Uprising
All of the WoW expansions(I Don't know their names)
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam

I could go on.

While it is true that some games are re-released to include both the full game and expansion, most were released on their own at first, and some were never released along side the original at all.

Also, it is very unlikely we will ever see anything like custom edition ever again from any halo game. CE:A is not even getting a PC release, and even if it did, Microsoft does not like people modding their games. It would most likely be as limited as Halo 2 Vista's HEK was, maybe even more.
Edited by rerout343 on Sep 4, 2011 at 01:28 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 01:45 AM    Msg. 14 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
Also, it is very unlikely we will ever see anything like custom edition ever again from any halo game. CE:A is not even getting a PC release, and even if it did, Microsoft does not like people modding their games. It would most likely be as limited as Halo 2 Vista's HEK was, maybe even more.

The sad reality... is so sad indeed...

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 02:12 AM    Msg. 15 of 44       

Just because something isn't released on a 2nd cd doesn't mean that it's not an expansion

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 02:16 AM    Msg. 16 of 44       
This quote also proves you know nothing about HCE...or any game manufacturer for that matter.

My suggestion? Get into the game world far more often, delve into the depths of gameplay, and come back when you've wised up. Sorry for the harshness, but you need it.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 05:00 AM    Msg. 17 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343

well if halo ce did not come as a second cd for halo, than how is it an expansion?

Edited by rerout343 on Sep 4, 2011 at 01:28 AM

^ ^
This

I doubt we'll ever get a modding system as good as Halo's for a long time. Most big game developers seem to either be refusing access to the modding community altogether, making toolsets that lock away 80%(or something like that) of the game, or just ignore the modding community and don't give any support once a toolset's released. The only games I can think of that came out this year/last year that have modding support are Portal 2 and Crysis 2.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 03:24 AM    Msg. 18 of 44       
CryENGINE 3 or UDK .... Maybe they expect you to move on...

It's been 10+ years... I am not downing on CE, I love it even tho I don't use HEK anymore, and its fun and great. But reality there 100x better out there... The reason we hold on is because its Halo.. I would port all of CE to CryENGINE (such as Aero) but its illegal and it'd have to be kept downlow, and such in fear of a termination of your mod. CE doesn't have thay fear... It is all Halo

I honestly believe the reverse engineering done with Halo 3 and stuff is enough skill to see how Halo loads models and graphics into the new layered graphics engine... I am not saying we can use the new engine on computer, but possibly add onto ce (from reverse engineered CEA code as a reference) to learn how it loads, and possibly allow the game to load graphically in an engine such as UDK/CE3, since it is ONLY graphics.. and the physics, gameplay, interaction, etc is all done already..

Maybe another modified hek, based on metadata in new shader tags or even existing metadata in H3. Or Reach if similar enough to modify what loads in the 3rd party engine...

Ideas..?

Spectre_the_grunt

own you all!

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 04:57 AM    Msg. 19 of 44       

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------➷

i dont know much about legel or not with this stuff but how would porting ce to cryengine be ilegel?
sounds fun to me.

Edited by Spectre_the_grunt on Sep 5, 2011 at 05:00 AM

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 11:13 AM    Msg. 20 of 44       
Because MS still owns the Halo franchise, and porting it to a different engine and/or redistributing without their consent is illegal.

They'd jump on your ass so fast, you'd think God Himself cast judgement upon you.

iHalo

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 01:07 PM    Msg. 21 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Because MS still owns the Halo franchise, and porting it to a different engine and/or redistributing without their consent is illegal.

They'd jump on your ass so fast, you'd think God Himself cast judgement upon you.

If you model EVERY SINGLE asset yourself it is legal, due to Microsoft letting us modify Halo alongside the Game content usage rules, but using rips is highly illegal.. not that we care, until Microsoft requires you to terminate progress of your mod and delete all content involved in your mod, or they'll sue..

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 01:11 PM    Msg. 22 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
If you model EVERY SINGLE asset yourself it is legal, due to Microsoft letting us modify Halo alongside the Game content usage rules, but using rips is highly illegal..
This is not true. Microsoft's game content usage guidelines do not relinquish copyright over the Intellectual Property and does not cover non-Microsoft games. You have no copyright claim to a model or anything you made that is clearly part of the Halo Intellectual Property.

diablo_1422

Is a noob, and will probably will be a noob always

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 03:03 PM    Msg. 23 of 44       
Dennis, can you just close this thread? There's too much going on here. Clearly, this thread can go on for years if it isn't stopped.

iHalo

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 03:44 PM    Msg. 24 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
If you model EVERY SINGLE asset yourself it is legal, due to Microsoft letting us modify Halo alongside the Game content usage rules, but using rips is highly illegal..
This is not true. Microsoft's game content usage guidelines do not relinquish copyright over the Intellectual Property and does not cover non-Microsoft games. You have no copyright claim to a model or anything you made that is clearly part of the Halo Intellectual Property.

According to a staff member at Crytek, they say if the the Model and texture is yours it is perfectly legal, as long as it is for personal use or as a release it must be free with no profit in any way.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 04:26 PM    Msg. 25 of 44       
the OP is a retard...

Dennis

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 04:48 PM    Msg. 26 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
But what if someone made for example a Plasma Rifle PURE for CryEngine 3? So his own model, textures and animations made and the reason would be to port it into CryEngine 3?
The design and image of the Plasma Pistol is part of the copyrighted Intellectual Property of Halo. Therefore you cannot copyright the item because its image and design is already copyrighted. Because you can't copyright it you have no ownership of the item even though you made it in a 3D modeling software for another game engine. Since you have no ownership you do not have the legal right to use it in another game. This is because Microsoft owns the rights to the Intellectual Property of Halo.

This is a pure interpretation of the US and International copyright law and can and has been withheld in courts. Just about all fan based creations of video game assets fall under this concept. However, since it is up to the copyright holder to enforce his copyright most game manufacturers select to not bring suit for these types of infractions unless and until they effect the viability or profitability of the Intellectual Property in question. Case in point: Microsoft issued a cease and desist order to the people who were creating a Halo style RTS game using C&C Generals. But they didn’t to the people who were re-creating Halo assets in the Source engine. At the time Halo Wars was in production so a competing RTS game of Halo would have impacted their profit. You have to remember that copyright laws are not criminal laws but civil ones meaning that the police will not arrest you but you could be sued.

The bottom line here is that for the most part game manufactures will not stop you from porting or creating an asset from their game into another but they can if they wish. Using your example of creating a Plasma Rifle for the CryEngine; it is a violation of the copyright statue but it is unlikely that either manufacturer will object. (but they could for any reason if they so desire)

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 08:30 PM    Msg. 27 of 44       
So let's say I made a custom puppy from scratch. That wouldn't be considered Intellectual Property, I mean a puppy is clearly not a Halo specific thing. But what if you made a completely new UNSC gun that didn't obviously resemble a previous Halo weapon?

Dennis

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 09:18 PM    Msg. 28 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xoronatus
But what if you made a completely new UNSC gun that didn't obviously resemble a previous Halo weapon?
If it resembles something covered in the Halo Intellectual Property copyright such as the term "UNSC" then you can't copyright it. If you model a real or imaginary gun that you can copyright then once you incorporate it into the game you forfeit your copyright to the item you placed in the game. But that is not what we were discussing.

Quote:
What if I create something new in your universe?

If you add to the game universe or expand on the story told in the game with “lost chapters” or back story or anything like that, distribution of your Item in any form constitutes a grant by you of a royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, license to Microsoft and any of Microsoft’s partners to use and distribute that Item (and derivatives of that Item) for any purpose and without obligation to pay you anything or credit you. This means that your story or idea may appear in a future game without any compensation to you. (Sorry, but our lawyers tell us we need to do this in order to avoid frivolous lawsuits getting in the way of making more great games.)

reference: Game Content Usage Rules

Dennis

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 05:10 PM    Msg. 29 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef

So basicly anything I make for CE is owned by Microsoft?
At the most basic level: Yes.

olly12345

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 10:16 AM    Msg. 30 of 44       
So make some giant phalluses, put them in CE.
Microsoft owns your phalluses.

Dennis

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 02:57 PM    Msg. 31 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
So make some giant phalluses, put them in CE.
Microsoft owns your phalluses.
That would be a perfect way to get yourself sued. The game companies let you make and or modify content for the games as long as it does not impact the integrity or value of the game. I am sure you are just being childishly flip but doing what you said would negatively impact the game and they would defiantly seek redress. Especially Microsoft. They removed the ability to place a preview map image in the H2V maps because someone "might" put unwanted content there like you suggested and it would be transmitted over MS Live.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 05:19 PM    Msg. 32 of 44       
Is there any way to extract or replicate Halo PC's physics engine? It may be possible to create a brand new engine around the physics.

Maybe it is possible to make our own fully customizable game engine complete with separate executables for model, texture, and other tag compilation. (separate so that their programming doesn't become overly ambitious, prolly why gearbox had the HEK set up the way it is)

Should be directX 9 and 10 compliant with customizeable shaders that can be controlled through tag files and probably with the ability to create different types of shader tag files.(or at least have every shader comply to whatever shaders exhist at this point in time so that decompiling maps doesn't make your editing folders cluttered with everyone's fail/personalized shader types.....)

Of course if you want Halo maps in this engine, you'd have to make them yourself. It will probably come with a select 20 custom maps(ported from halomaps? and no stock maps, unless you go online to download them(maybe...)) when first installed, as to not piss off microsoft or bungie.

and a compiler that allows you to select a .globals that your map should comply to. Let's say, for indie developers that are making a completely new game that has it's own set of assets.

Just to make the engine usable right out of the box, it should come with default characters and sets of weapons and vehicles and...stuff

custom netcode

Choosable player avatar on join(biped with alphas for team identification probably)

Gametypes that allow for team-based biped identification(for things like team slayer(humans vs monsters... humans vs zombies... swat(armored helmet bipeds) vs terrorists(armored masked bipeds)) you get the point, I betcha someone would make Grifball gametypes if the engine could support ingame biped*& ANIMATION GRAPH* changes(so that you could switch from biped to biped EVEN IF they have different physiology)

creature riding that doesn't erase the host's AI upon boarding the damn thing.

All of this should be legal seeing as the game engine isn't made for any game in particular(even though it may be released for Halo custom edition people... seeing as we already know how tag based mapmaking works....)
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 11, 2011 at 05:41 PM

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 11:01 PM    Msg. 33 of 44       
Binaries are not source, you cannot rip engine code

Nobody's going to make some new engine specifically for halomaps

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 11:07 PM    Msg. 34 of 44       
"nobody" ? oh well... ;) best get started then, c'yall

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 12:09 AM    Msg. 35 of 44       
If you want a remake, you should try and learn to program yourself or help draw programers back into the Halo CE community. OS is the future for CE and you won't believe the things you'll see come from it.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:30 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website