A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »my first map crashes?! >:(

Author Topic: my first map crashes?! >:( (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

diablo_1422

Is a noob, and will probably will be a noob always

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 12:09 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Damn it. Title says it all.
I compiled my map, dont give me bs, Im pretty sure i did everything right, but what happens is when i try to play the map, halo crashes and says "Gathering Exception Data"
damn it man, i was soooo close :(
Help please

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 01:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: diablo_1422
Damn it. Title says it all.
I compiled my map, dont give me bs
Help please

LOL damn your funny, i think i know what's wrong... halo just does not like it!!! :)
no but seriously grab the last paragraph of info from the debug.txt document that's
in the haloce program files. that will let others see what errors or problem there is.

teh lag

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 03:21 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: ally
LOL damn your funny, i think i know what's wrong... halo just does not like it!!! :)
no but seriously grab the last paragraph of info from the debug.txt document that's
in the haloce program files. that will let others see what errors or problem there is.

I actually believe that the Halo CE game itself does not output information to debug.txt.

Many, many things could have gone wrong, but here are a few things to look into:

-Make sure the map is set to the appropriate map-type in the field at the top of the .scenario type (singleplayer or multiplayer)
-Make sure you've set spawn points for the appropriate gametype[s] your map should support
-Make sure you have all the necessary netgame flags placed for the gametype you were trying to play your map on (ex: if you were trying to load it on CTF, make sure you have the CTF stuff placed) (see the HEK tutorial for this).

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 03:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Did you add player starting points?

diablo_1422

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 04:12 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Yeah i got everytinh but i dont know if its possible to set spawn points for other game types, is tehre? and how many teams are allowed on halo CE? cause i don't remember.

teh lag

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 04:22 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: diablo_1422
Yeah i got everytinh but i dont know if its possible to set spawn points for other game types, is tehre? and how many teams are allowed on halo CE? cause i don't remember.

Read the HEK tutorial's section on populating a map, it goes into this in far greater detail and far more clearly than I can.

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/hek_tutorial/references/level_design/mp_level_design/mp_ld_level_population.html
Edited by teh lag on Sep 4, 2011 at 04:22 PM

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 04:24 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
i'm logging on xfire if you need help.

diablo_1422

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 04:24 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Alright, I'll look into this later. Thanks teh lag! :D
Oh and im on the wrong computer to use Xfire. (I'll tell you when i get on)
Edited by diablo_1422 on Sep 4, 2011 at 04:25 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 9, 2011 08:11 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
:)
You added grenades to the starting equipment, didnt you.

CAG Gonzo

Retreat? Hell! We just got here!

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 11:21 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Did you spawn weapons with .item_collection instead of .weapon tags? I did that on my test map...took me a while to realize it. I figured the .weapon tags were the ones to use since you could, I don't know, actually see them in Sapien. Silly me. It makes more sense to use .item_collection tags because you can't see their respective model in Sapien (no one needs to lecture me on the mechanics at work here...it's just a complaint).

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 12:15 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
haven't spoken to him for a few days, as far as i remember it was spawn settings..
unless there was still a problem.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 01:03 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
I'll bet he forgot to set it on "multiplayer." in Guerilla. I've done that before.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 4:33 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website