A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Let's Try This Again.... I mean.... BRAINZZZ!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Let's Try This Again.... I mean.... BRAINZZZ! (46 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 09:54 PM    Msg. 1 of 46       
Hey. It's that guy again. Those who remember any of my previous threads probably realizes that they have a nasty habit of.... dying. So I guess I'm gonna try a different approach this time. Maybe it'll help me get something done.

This is gonna be a Zombies map for multiplayer (familiar, anyone?). That's a pretty popular gametype, right? Another plus side is it can fairly entertaining regardless of what map you're on. But a specialized variant might be a bit more interesting, no? So I guess that's where I come in.

That means the first order of business would be finding a map you guys would actually play. I need a good BSP to get things started, and seeing as how "the customer is always right," I'm eager to hear what you guys would want.

Possible Features (Check for Updates):
•Everybody spawns unarmed, with only melee attacks to defend themselves. Humans would usually spawn within arm's reach of a hastily concealed weapon, and it would keep zombies from spawning with a gun in their hands. Because regardless of whether or not it actually hurst, the rapid flash of absorbing a full magazine of zombie bullets can become rather annoying.
•Destructible barricades? (Courtesy of Juiceb0xhero. Everybody say, "Thank you, Juiveb0x.")
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 11, 2011 at 02:40 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 10:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 46       
How about something original that was never made in CE for Zombies,

You know a destroyed vacant city, that looks like a zombie holocaust just took place there. Surprisingly CE doesn't own a single one of those maps!

Really people, how is this possible? How do we not have any zombie maps?!

ok my rant is over, and inb4 model your own map Slow. I would love too but we should all know why I can't, I've said it a billion times now.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 10:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
You know a destroyed vacant city, that looks like a zombie holocaust just took place there. Surprisingly CE doesn't own a single one of those maps!

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1065

Well there's this, but I can't ever get it to open in Sapien. Couldn't find whatever error it may have.

---

And it would be nice to create a fully custom map, but I can't model. So I'm sticking to mods, unless someone feels compelled to donate a new BSP.
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 10:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 46       
A CQB, multi-tiered map would be the best starter, like Derelict (Carousel), Prisoner, or Chiron TL-34 (Putput).

This is just my view, however.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 10:17 PM    Msg. 5 of 46       
I think someone should make a realy cool zombie map though, honestly.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 10:20 PM    Msg. 6 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
A CQB, multi-tiered map would be the best starter, like Derelict (Carousel), Prisoner, or Chiron TL-34 (Putput).

This is just my view, however.

Those are always exciting. But unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot to be done with them. Not much room to add scenery or any other interesting goodies. :/

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 11:20 PM    Msg. 7 of 46       
Nope. But you can construct barricades, and have gameplay similar to CoD's Zombie mode.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 11:27 PM    Msg. 8 of 46       
Like have a heavily fortified area that Red Team spawns inside, and all the Blues have to try and break in to get to them?
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 11:33 PM    Msg. 9 of 46       
Make sure there are no flaws in the map's layout for zombies. In bloodgulch the game always ends with an hour or more standoff at either the blue base map-edge or the red plasma grenade spawn. In CMT_G3_MouseTrap the same thing happens in the connection hallways to the active camouflage spawn.

Games like these that end the SAME exact way every time get incredibly annoying.

aaaaaand! *paints face blue and red* "How bout them zombies!!!?"

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 12:04 AM    Msg. 10 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Like have a heavily fortified area that Red Team spawns inside, and all the Blues have to try and break in to get to them?
Yes, exactly. In fact, I have the idea that you can use Prisoner for your zombie map. Have the "safe zone" at the top of the map, weapons scattered everywhere, and have Covenant Energy Shields as the barriers. Let the fun ensue.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 12:08 AM    Msg. 11 of 46       
How about something original that was never made in CE for Zombies

No, do what YOU want Echo, not what Slayer wants. Personal gain should be your main motive here.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 12:12 AM    Msg. 12 of 46       

Yes, exactly. In fact, I have the idea that you can use Prisoner for your zombie map. Have the "safe zone" at the top of the map, weapons scattered everywhere, and have Covenant Energy Shields as the barriers. Let the fun ensue.

Maybe not Prisoner, because you can do that easily enough with the stock version of the map. We camped on top of the ladder for a good ten minutes before people got bored and jumped down. Adding barriers would only prolong that. o.O

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
How about something original that was never made in CE for Zombies

No, do what YOU want Echo, not what Slayer wants. Personal gain should be your main motive here.

But what do I really gain from making this? Not much, unless people actually have fun playing it. So short of modelling, I'm gonna see what players want. Slayer included.
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 11, 2011 at 12:16 AM

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 01:12 AM    Msg. 13 of 46       
If you don't have fun or feel accomplished by doing something you want to do yourself rather than what other people want you to do, at this point, then you've got the wrong hobby.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 01:30 AM    Msg. 14 of 46       
Yeah, but my main issue is that when doing things of my own accord, I never get much done. So I decided to try this. See what people want done, then do it. That way I already know they'll enjoy playing something like that, and it'll be worth releasing.

---

I do have a simple request, if anyone would be so kind as to help me out. A simple rectangular wooden pallet, roughly door-sized, with a "destroyed" permutation in which the object simply isn't there. I'm trying to make a scenery tag similar to the c_field_generator, but with a wooden barricade in place of the shield. After taking a certain amount of damage, it disappears, switching to the "destroyed" permutation and allowing players and objects through. Seconds later, it regenerates, and the wooden pallet pops back into place. This would be pretty helpful for a zombies map.
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 11, 2011 at 01:51 AM

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 03:46 AM    Msg. 15 of 46       
Or you can just make a bitmap switch with the generator? Seems much easier that way imo :x

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:40 AM    Msg. 16 of 46       
I guess I could, but it'd look a bit... odd.

Edit: It vaguely resembles a wooden turtle shell. And it's completely invisible when viewed from behind. I guess that rules that out.
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 02:13 PM    Msg. 17 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Juiceb0xhero
I made a pallet from halo 3, if you want to use that, but I have to make it destroyable.

That would be perfect. :D

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 02:18 PM    Msg. 18 of 46       
Maybe slightly off topic but:

The current zombies gametypes are slightly unperfected. If it's possible, I'd suggest that somebody makes a gametype that allows zombies to spawn with unrechargable shields with full overshield. They should also ALWAYS spawn with no ammo. They should be slightly stronger and faster, and they should be able to jump higher than humans.

Humans should be allowed to take any weapon they like from wherever weapons should spawn. BUT the fuelrod should only fire once every 30 seconds or so, so that if zombies decide to attack in a sudden swarm, those with fuelrods would be overwhelmed. I hate that humans always take fuelrods and massacre everyone for like 5 minutes, then run out of battery, and die. They should be wiped out quickly unless they use other weapons as well. I've found that the shotty and pistol are actually a FAR more useful combination.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 02:29 PM    Msg. 19 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Humans should be allowed to take any weapon they like from wherever weapons should spawn. BUT the fuelrod should only fire once every 30 seconds or so, so that if zombies decide to attack in a sudden swarm, those with fuelrods would be overwhelmed. I hate that humans always take fuelrods and massacre everyone for like 5 minutes, then run out of battery, and die. They should be wiped out quickly unless they use other weapons as well. I've found that the shotty and pistol are actually a FAR more useful combination.

I probably won't add any heavy weapons to the map for that reason, although a pump-action grenade launcher of sorts may be in order.

---

I'm still open to BSP suggestions. And player models. I'm going to add a little section at the top for random features I may include, so be sure to check that out every now and then and comment.
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 11, 2011 at 02:34 PM

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 03:27 PM    Msg. 20 of 46       

http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/lg/9screenshot01223380.jpg
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1065

Well there's this, but I can't ever get it to open in Sapien. Couldn't find whatever error it may have.

I got this level working, so it's a a candidate for possible BSPs. But I'd like to hear some more opinions before I choose one. What level would you like modified for Zombies?

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:21 PM    Msg. 21 of 46       
That kinda falls in with Prisoner/Carousel/Putput. Too small to do much with. And too lumpy to build things on.... :/

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:22 PM    Msg. 22 of 46       
Hmmm...maybe the ending part of c10? Y'know, the place where you get tp'd into The Library by 343GS?

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:39 PM    Msg. 23 of 46       
Hmmm...maybe the ending part of c10? Y'know, the place where you get tp'd into The Library by 343GS?

Ah.... can you find a pic? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 07:34 PM    Msg. 24 of 46       
Pic from my Adjutant Map Pack :P

Alternate pic (provided by Halopedia):

Edited by UBE Chief on Sep 11, 2011 at 07:45 PM

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 08:05 PM    Msg. 25 of 46       
Hm. What's it called in the game files? I'll look into that one.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 08:08 PM    Msg. 26 of 46       
If I could get all my stuff working I'd make you a bsp, but as it is now, Vista and Tool don't like to work together.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 08:16 PM    Msg. 27 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader
If I could get all my stuff working I'd make you a bsp, but as it is now, Vista and Tool don't like to work together.

That'd be nice. Lemme know if things start to work, eh?

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 08:20 PM    Msg. 28 of 46       
I will, as it is right now though, it won't happen anytime soon.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 09:29 PM    Msg. 29 of 46       
c10_extb or something like that.

Echo77

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 05:09 PM    Msg. 30 of 46       
c10_extb or something like that.

I tried to load it in Sapien, and I spawned somewhere outside the level. I have no idea how to find my way into the boundaries of the map.... >_>

---

I've been looking at Chronopolis as a likely candidate, as well. Plenty of rooftops for survivors seeking safety from the streets, and the top floor of the parking garage might make a good safe room. Thoughts?

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 05:20 PM    Msg. 31 of 46       
You need to go over to scenery and double-click on one that doesn't have the "do not enter" sign on it. It'll take you over to that part of the level after doing so.

Also remember to take out 343GS - his animations are FUBAR'd.

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 04:12 AM    Msg. 32 of 46       
I do believe there is an app for servers to run a multiplayer zombie mod, forgot what it was clled though. I recall one US server hosting 24/7 zombies on CMT Snow Grove, it was freaking awesome when you set it to night time and had an AR...memories...

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 12:35 PM    Msg. 33 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bottletopman
I do believe there is an app for servers to run a multiplayer zombie mod, forgot what it was clled though. I recall one US server hosting 24/7 zombies on CMT Snow Grove, it was freaking awesome when you set it to night time and had an AR...memories...

I believe the US server's still up, it's just barely anyone's played on it lately. It seems to be on and off active. It was really popular again like a month ago, and now it's died again. o.O

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 07:18 PM    Msg. 34 of 46       
I've been looking at Chronopolis as a likely candidate, as well. Plenty of rooftops for survivors seeking safety from the streets, and the top floor of the parking garage might make a good safe room. Thoughts?

Make sure they don't turn into camping spots like dust. A great example to use is CS Zombies on Estate. As long as they don't glitch through the invisible wall, they can't camp on the same spot to escape the zombies forever.
-Zekilk
Edited by cyboryxmen on Sep 17, 2011 at 07:18 PM

Echo77

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 07:24 PM    Msg. 35 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: cyboryxmen

Make sure they don't turn into camping spots like dust. A great example to use is CS Zombies on Estate. As long as they don't glitch through the invisible wall, they can't camp on the same spot to escape the zombies forever.
-Zekilk
Edited by cyboryxmen on Sep 17, 2011 at 07:18 PM

I've never played CS. But each of the roofs would have two ways up, to lessen the effectiveness of camping. There wouldn't be any supplies up there, either, which would force players into the streets when their ammo was low.

So would everyone be ok with Chronopolis?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 5:01 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website