A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Rememberance.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Rememberance. (36 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 04:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 36       
Yes, I know this isn't Halo-related, but who's going to see that past what day it is today? It's time to remember. Remember those who have perished on this date, ten years ago.

Remember 9/11/2001

Remember.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 04:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 36       
Never Forget.

Even worse since i saw it happen in real life.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 05:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 36       
5000 african children die every day.
This doesn't belong on Halomaps.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 05:13 PM    Msg. 4 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
5000 african children die every day.
This doesn't belong on Halomaps.

They die they are not murdered. I'm not even american but it would be foolish to think the threat is only on the USA. There have been attacks in many countries. Islam is a threat to everyone so long as there are Extremists in control, as same as any religion including the Roman Catholic Church. Religious Extremist has plagued the world for thousand years.

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 05:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 36       
Yeah people get murdered around the globe, not just in the US, in large numbers too. They don't get a thread here now do they?

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 05:40 PM    Msg. 6 of 36       
Yeah people get murdered around the globe, not just in the US, in large numbers too. They don't get a thread here now do they?

^^ This. I can handle people when they act as people, but when you begin to represent a country, it enrages me to great depths. I hate all the "AMERICA! HERP DERP!" crap.

If you feel this belongs here, please direct me to the threads where you all morn for the japanese lost when americans nuked hiroshima and nagasaki. Even more, americans to this day still treat japan as if they deserve worse; in a time of war, Japan targeted an enemy millitary strong hold, and in retaliation, americans nuked inocent civilians. The japanese fighters died attacking that millitary strong point, compared to just carrying a nuke over and watching it from the background. Oh, but of course you don't care, "AMERICA! HERP DERP!"

Also, wheres the threads morning when the americans went to war with iraq, etc? Where america went to attack a country JUST to take their oil.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:03 PM    Msg. 7 of 36       
Hmm...it seems as though you have no respect for the dead. I'm no American, but I wanted to remember my fellow Canadians (at the very least) who died helping the Americans after the Twin Towers were destroyed.

Us Canadians are not in war with any country, we are peacekeepers. We try to assist those who need it at the time. This is why we stayed in Afghanistan to try and improve their lifestyle. This is why we stayed in Rwanda during and after the genocide. We have not raged war on anyone since WW2, and even then, it was only because the USA pressured us into assising them.

Respect those who have died this day, and respect those who have died in history. Nobody is exempt from rememberance and consolidation.

That video was a 10-year commemorative video for 9/11/2001, and it was the first video that popped up on YouTube when I searched 9/11.

If you don't like America (and I don't blame you, Bush made me think less of Americans), then that's your prerogative. But don't take it out on the dead. Show some respect.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:07 PM    Msg. 8 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

If you feel this belongs here, please direct me to the threads where you all morn for the japanese lost when americans nuked hiroshima and nagasaki. Even more, americans to this day still treat japan as if they deserve worse; in a time of war, Japan targeted an enemy millitary strong hold, and in retaliation, americans nuked inocent civilians. The japanese fighters died attacking that millitary strong point, compared to just carrying a nuke over and watching it from the background. Oh, but of course you don't care, "AMERICA! HERP DERP!"

If you payed any attention in your history class, you would know exactly why we bombed the crap out of them and why they deserved it.

1. They engaged us first of all at Pearl Harbor, we did nothing to them to start it. If we had gave in they would have simply just taken Hawaii and the Philippines.

2. They were trying to build an empire, and also had quite a clear shot at Hawaii and the Philippines, which was a big threat to the United States of America.

3. Ever heard of the Bataan Death March? Guess not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_Death_March

4. If you had also payed attention, the development of the atomic bomb actually saved more lives then lost. Japanese were the last people in the war, but was still determined to keep building their empire. Even though it was extremely deadly to the enemy, it was a key to stop the war and bring end to a devastating time in History. If it had kept going, more and more lives would have been lost and probably just kept on extending the war.

I'm not saying were all that great either, we still put perfectly well fine Japanese-Americans in camps and treated them like crap.

kirby_422

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:14 PM    Msg. 9 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Hmm...it seems as though you have no respect for the dead.

Where in my rant did I ever disrespect any dead? I pointed out the fact that americans don't respect anyone, and are excited about murdering inocent people, but I never disrespected any dead. Also, im still waiting for all the threads on america slaughtering innocent in other countries, morning for those losses. OH WAIT, I forgot, americans laugh at others deaths and want more, "AMERICA! HERP DERP!"

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:17 PM    Msg. 10 of 36       
It's not that Americans are excited about killing innocents in the war...they don't even know what's going on in Iraq.

Sorry, "we."

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:19 PM    Msg. 11 of 36       
UBE Chief, don't tell others who to respect.
@rest, as predicted this is just dissolving into an "america, hell yeah" thread.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:19 PM    Msg. 12 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Hmm...it seems as though you have no respect for the dead.

Where in my rant did I ever disrespect any dead? I pointed out the fact that americans don't respect anyone, and are excited about murdering inocent people, but I never disrespected any dead. Also, im still waiting for all the threads on america slaughtering innocent in other countries, morning for those losses. OH WAIT, I forgot, americans laugh at others deaths and want more, "AMERICA! HERP DERP!"
You obviously haven't met a decent American. Stop generalizing.

UBE Chief, don't tell others who to respect.
@rest, as predicted this is just dissolving into an "america, hell yeah" thread.
So you're telling me you have no respect for anyone or anything? Wow, you must be cold-hearted.
Edited by UBE Chief on Sep 11, 2011 at 06:20 PM

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:22 PM    Msg. 13 of 36       
Tell me where I said what you implied UBE Chief, please do so.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:28 PM    Msg. 14 of 36       
Sorry, I was caught up in Kirby's generalization. I take it back. But you did state that this is turning into an "America, hell yeah" thread, when I said that Canadians died back then, too. Death is universal, it has no nationality or race.

So much for a thread that was supposed to show rememberance for 9/11...

kirby_422

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:31 PM    Msg. 15 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
If you payed any attention in your history class, you would know exactly why we bombed the crap out of them and why they deserved it.

1. They engaged us first of all at Pearl Harbor, we did nothing to them to start it. If we had gave in they would have simply just taken Hawaii and the Philippines.

2. They were trying to build an empire, and also had quite a clear shot at Hawaii and the Philippines, which was a big threat to the United States of America.

3. Ever heard of the Bataan Death March? Guess not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_Death_March

4. If you had also payed attention, the development of the atomic bomb actually saved more lives then lost. Japanese were the last people in the war, but was still determined to keep building their empire. Even though it was extremely deadly to the enemy, it was a key to stop the war and bring end to a devastating time in History. If it had kept going, more and more lives would have been lost and probably just kept on extending the war.

I'm not saying were all that great either, we still put perfectly well fine Japanese-Americans in camps and treated them like crap.

The US cut all resources off from japan, they actually took time asking for trade to open again, and where ignored, so they simply attacked a military strong point. The japanese may of been the first assault, but they were not the people who started the disagreement, they only escalated it. More so, murdering everyone... When Iraq and such did similar things to the US, not giving over oil, americans did the exact same thing, except slaughtering everyone in their way instead of just a military strong point. Even more, this is in the current day and age where people should of learned from actions taken in the past.

And of course in a time of war, they would collect land most suitable to fight their enemies.

That article you gave me, 75000 people taken, it doesn't state if thats a death count, now lets look at the nukings, OH, between 90000 and 166000 in hiroshima alone? but of course americans dont care, they need a second nuke aswell to murder more civilians! second, 60000 to 80000. Of course, then there was the leukemia left in their bodies for them to continue suffering to this day. Wait... and I'm meant to care about what happened to prisoners when america themselves weren't giving them any resources, making them required to ignore the needs of people not affiliated with them, when more than twice that was done to civilians? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. If americans hadn't stopped the trading of resources, they might of had the resources to even attempt to care about others, but nope, no supplies, so even if they felt like caring for others, they can't spare the resources.

Because slaughtering everyone and irradiating them is TOOOOTAALLLY saving people. All you have to do is take out the people who are doing the fighting, PLUS, they where SUICIDE BOMBING, the military would of taken themselves out soon enough in the first place.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:40 PM    Msg. 16 of 36       
... ...shut up already. this happens EVERY 9/11, we don't need this who did what crap.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 06:45 PM    Msg. 17 of 36       
This isn't AMERICA HERP DERP, it's a memorial. It's okay.
Kirby, people do things for reasons. The American military did not just simply push a big red button for fun.
TLDR What exactly what orangejuice said.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 07:02 PM    Msg. 18 of 36       
This is a terrible topic and has no place here.
Also things like "never forget" and "remembrance day" are kinda taken.

Contrary Smuglord

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 07:02 PM    Msg. 19 of 36       
Get over it already. Also Happy 9/11! ✈ ▌▌ / ҉▌▌ / ▄ ▌ / ▄✈▌ / ▄ ҉▌ / ▄ ▄

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 07:14 PM    Msg. 20 of 36       
Let me rephrase what I said.

The Japanese's military deserved it becuase of their quest for an empire, and them and their government's actions in turn got their own people killed.

And personally, I do not approve of the war in Iraq, or the one's that happened in Vietnam or Korea. Personally, I think the USA should not be involved in those types of affairs unless that country basically went out and simply tried to attack us. Then yes, we would indeed have the right to go and settle the score, for whatever reason it might be.

Iraq did not attack us, terrorists did. And those terrorists should not be dealt with through declaring war on a country they may be in, for whatever other motive a country may have.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 08:31 PM    Msg. 21 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Contrary Smuglord
Get over it already. Also Happy 9/11! ✈ ▌▌ / ҉▌▌ / ▄ ▌ / ▄✈▌ / ▄ ҉▌ / ▄ ▄

Worthless Human

milkkookie

:)

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 08:39 PM    Msg. 22 of 36       
remember... why they where just like everyone else and they died just like everyone else is going to.

Bobblehob

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 09:09 PM    Msg. 23 of 36       
Really Kirby?

Poor persecuted pre-world war II Japan? Give me a break!

Japan was in need of resources before it attacked the U.S. because it was already at war with other asian nations, specifically China. The Japanese empire was ready and willing to extend its reach over the entire pacific region, hence the reason it attacked the Philippines and Singapore, and destroyed several British warships soon after Pearl Harbor. If Japan had only been bothered by U.S. foreign policy they would not have attacked British military installations as well. Japan was a power hungry nation in the early 20th century, it was obvious by the military actions they conducted against other nations during that time.

As for the atomic bombs, the U.S. had 2 choices as to how to end the war. At that time after the recent victories on Okinawa, and Iwo Jima, the Japanese military and navy where both very weak, but by nature and by tradition, they fought down to the last man. Even with the weak military, the entire Japanese population was bound by tradition to fight alongside the military to the death.

The first option for the U.S. was a massive invasion, hundreds of thousands of troops invading the Japanese Islands, facing larger numbers of desperate(and in the case of the military, suicidal) people who would gladly die to protect their homeland. An invasion of this scale would have taken years and cost hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of casualties on both sides, American and Japanese.

The second option was the atomic bomb. An option which in the end saved hundreds of thousands of lives on the American side by preventing a massive invasion, and also saved the majority of the Japanese population as well. It was by far the better of the two from the standpoint of the American command and therefore was chosen as a quick way to end the War.

If there had been a way to end it without taking so many lives, then doubtless it would have been chosen, but there was no alternative.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 09:43 PM    Msg. 24 of 36       
Christ, I understand that this topic doesn't belong here, but does everyone have to be a dick when someone just wants to show respect for the people that died on 9/11/01?

Gurdy

ron paul did 9\11

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:00 PM    Msg. 25 of 36       
Kirby's right, America only brought these attacks upon themselves.

In fact, America was the prime instigator of the holocaust. Believe it or not, Germany had never attacked or never really did anything to the Americans. We just invaded France and killed every German in sight, and when we entered Germany we just gathered them into camps and shot them at our leisure. We should be ashamed of what we did to both Germany and Japan, two countries who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Germany and Japan got it right: America had to be stopped from going on their horrible crusade on the rest of the world. Thank god the USSR stood up and told America 'NO' and prevented world domination by these murderous animals.

TauSigmaNova

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:07 PM    Msg. 26 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gurdy
We just invaded France and killed every German in sight, and when we entered Germany we just gathered them into camps and shot them at our leisure.
Quote:

Just like Germans rounded up every Jew and used gas to kill them?

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:15 PM    Msg. 27 of 36       
Ignore this, it was off-topic.
Edited by d4rfnader on Sep 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM

TauSigmaNova

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:18 PM    Msg. 28 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
Christ, I understand that this topic doesn't belong here, but does everyone have to be a dick when someone just wants to show respect for the people that died on 9/11/01?

Gurdy

ron paul did 9\11

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:20 PM    Msg. 29 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader And weren't the Nazi's gathering Jewish people in concentration camps and murdering them?

Isn't that a question you should be asking yourself?

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:30 PM    Msg. 30 of 36       
Nevermind, I've made this go off topic enough.
Edited by d4rfnader on Sep 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:41 PM    Msg. 31 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279

You don't need to make a public declaration to respect something. More importantly though, this is an internet forum, a place where people openly discuss their ideas and opinions. If someone holds an opinion, most likely another person holds the opposite opinion, and if someone voices their opinion, you can be sure someone will dispute it. Especially because this is an internet forum, so people of all nationalities, political affiliations, and social groups can express their agreement or disapproval.

If people can, they will. To deny them this speech would only serve to hide the truth about the world we live in.

The heroes of one group are the "dicks" of another.

TauSigmaNova

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:47 PM    Msg. 32 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279

You don't need to make a public declaration to respect something. More importantly though, this is an internet forum, a place where people openly discuss their ideas and opinions. If someone holds an opinion, most likely another person holds the opposite opinion, and if someone voices their opinion, you can be sure someone will dispute it. Especially because this is an internet forum, so people of all nationalities, political affiliations, and social groups can express their agreement or disapproval.

If people can, they will. To deny them this speech would only serve to hide the truth about the world we live in.

The heroes of one group are the "dicks" of another.

"One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist."

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:54 PM    Msg. 33 of 36       
My point exactly.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 11:05 PM    Msg. 34 of 36       
THEY'RE ALL DEAD ALREADY... show some darn respect.

SeL

https://twitter.com/FalldogStudio

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 11:45 PM    Msg. 35 of 36       
happy fear mongering day :))))))
also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRFCimVMTAw
Edited by SeL on Sep 11, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 5:13 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website