A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Sapien Game View Window problem

Author Topic: Sapien Game View Window problem (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

wernarner84

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 06:26 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
I have been going through the process of making a custom map(just a basic one). Everything has worked fine, up until now. I try to open my map's .scenario file in sapien, and Sapien itself opens fine. The "Game View" window is simply a black screen. The console works, and I can run radiosity, but when I do, instead of the numbers in the top-left counting down to 0, they start at 0.00000 and don't change. Nothing ever shows up except the console and a black screen. I have checked and double-checked that my map has a .sky file. I can open the tutorial.scenario just fine. Anyone else run into this problem, or know how to fix it?

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 07:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Do you have faces on the model that have a +sky material?

wernarner84

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 07:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what do you mean by that? I am following Yayap_The_Grunt's custom map tutorial, and I don't recall a +sky material. I added the .sky file to the map in Guerilla, and I'm using Gmax for a 3d modeling program. Are you referring to something in 3ds max?

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 07:34 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Make faces on the model have a material ID (I use 1 for the sky) whose material's name is +sky. That makes those faces sky.

wernarner84

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 07:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
OK, thanks. I'll double-check that.
EDIT: Ugh, I already compiled it into .jms format for chimp. Will I have to start from scratch, or is there some way to convert it back to .gmax format?
Edited by wernarner84 on Sep 12, 2011 at 07:41 PM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 07:47 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
So you didn't save your map as a gmax file before hand? Why would you not save? ALWAYS SAVE YOUR FILES to ensure that you do not lose your precioussss.

There is one way though, bsp model converter, converts it into an obj file which you can possibly import (never used gmax before so don't know if it supports obj import)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 07:58 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
No guys, this is a totally different problem. I had this a while ago, but due to short term memory loss I forget how to fix it (it was also relatively easy)..

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 06:08 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
No guys, this is a totally different problem. I had this a while ago, but due to short term memory loss I forget how to fix it (it was also relatively easy)..

Switching off anti-aliasing for Sapien?

wernarner84

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 08:15 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Yes, I used radiosity_save. Yes, there is a skybox which i gave a +sky to. Yes, I assigned a .sky file in guerilla. Will try turning oft anti-aliasing.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 4:40 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website